Disney - get control of these groups of teens that CHEER and YELL their way through the parks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsonet

DIS Veteran
WTH is it with these people??

I watched as adult group leaders led their groups in this stupid yelling. It is the most RUDE, obnoxious, disruptive occurrence I have ever noticed in the parks. These groups need to get the (actual) memo that this is disruptive to other guests and will not be tolerated unless they're competing in sports at Wide World of Sports! And Cast Members need to be given the authority to tell them to stop immediately.
I've always heard about "Brazilian groups" but never understood what the problem was. I'll be writing to Disney but I'm sure many others have over the years and yet it still is going on :confused3

Couldn't agree more. Disney certainly can't say no to large tour groups, I understand that. And I also understand 1-3 CMs going up to a group of 45+ tweens with a handful of group leaders (if they're even around) and telling them to be quiet is tough and unrealistic, but Disney should absolutely do something about this. It's 100% obnoxious and frankly, just rude. We usually do all we can to avoid these groups because the inevitable interactions (or just being in their boisterous presence) ends up being hard to handle. The chanting, singing, and clapping totally ruins the mood and feel of whatever given area you're in.

Many times the supposedly adult members of the groups are the worst. Say something in a very nice way and you would think the precious darlings have been threatened. RUDE, obnoxious, disruptive and irresponsible. Many parents these days seem to think their kids are flawless and any discipline never takes place. Drives me NUTS!!

The tour groups generate a lot of revenue and therefore will never go away or face any sanctions.

Edit: In any event, I'm sure we can discuss annoying people we've encountered without identifying them by race as though that has something to do with their behavior.

Last edited:

We ran into a few groups at the Disney parks and then some camps at Sea World. The campers at Sea World were the young ones singing their camp songs while the Disney parks were Brazilian and Italian groups (they had flags on their shirts and the Italian groups said Italia on them) were chanting/singing. My daughter (13) didn't care for the chanting groups and would beg us to go the other way when she heard them/saw them but she also mentioned at Sea World how she remembered being the camper singing those songs. I guess my feelings are undecided on this because they are just having fun and doing their thing, who am I to pull the plug on that, but on the flip side my daughter was obviously less than thrilled about it. I guess as long as they are not disturbing a show (chanting during Beauty and the Beast of The Lion King or something) it is not the end of the world.

Do you have a video? I've heard of this but just never experienced any groups yelling thru the park. If I did, I can't imagine it would bother me. It's a theme park after all, I sort of expect loud crazy crowds. Maybe a video would help show just how bad this is for those who haven't seen it.

The groups that do not speak English can be very disruptive during pre-shows in particular since they can't understand what is going on. On one trip every show was a problem and we started heading the other way if a group ran and pushed their way into line.

MrInfinity, can imagine standing and waiting for a bus back to your resort at the end of a long long HOT day and the dancing, chanting and screaming goes on and on? Believe me, you are lucky to miss this Disney experience! And extra lucky if this activity is for the resort buses next to yours and not in your actual resort line

Do you have a video? I've heard of this but just never experienced any groups yelling thru the park. If I did, I can't imagine it would bother me. It's a theme park after all, I sort of expect loud crazy crowds. Maybe a video would help show just how bad this is for those who haven't seen it.
If you've experienced it, their behavior would bother you.

I think a lot of it is a cultural thing (no desire to really change behavior based on the country one's visiting--certainly something Americans are guilty of as well). And I definitely agree that we just need to adopt of an attitude of "we should just let this roll off our collective shoulders".

My feeling is that it's annoying because it gets at the fact that many simply feel entitled to act in ways that are unpleasant to everyone else and have no regard for how that impacts others' experiences. Have pride for your country! I'm fine with that. No one's stopping them from that sentiment, but I guess the behavior just isn't bad enough to warrant some kind of response from Disney. In the end, I don't think they will do anything about it (see the comment regarding the revenue these groups bring in above).

I try not to focus on their entitlement and their disregard for the general enjoyment of the parks for other guests and just remove myself from their presence. Ultimately we can only control ourselves and our behavior, so if that means I have to go somewhere else to avoid them, I'll do it (as much as I'd love to get a bullhorn and tell them to just the hell up).

I don't know if Disney will do anything about the groups that chant and yell, but I think they should. We've only been one time when there were groups like that in the parks and it was awful. Not only were they chanting and yelling, they were blocking the walkways and pushing through the lines to "join their party" up ahead. I don't mind people having fun at Disney but their "fun" shouldn't disrupt other people's park time. Maybe if enough people complain, in the parks and to guest services, they will make an effort to get this under control. Amend the rules about acceptable behavior (not disruptive) in the parks. I saw a few guys at EPCOT, who had maybe a little too much to drink, get called down by a cast member for being too loud by the British band and their behavior wasn't anywhere near what the tour groups do. I say keep complaining to guest services so Disney knows that some patrons are unhappy. Cheers!!!!!!

Well, a video would be nice to set the stage for those who haven't seen it... Youtube link anyone?

No, I do not have video. Perhaps you could find some on youtube.

I've visited WDW many times over the years and am quite used to its large crowds and excited children and sometimes obnoxious teens. I'm all for people having fun. This is different, which is why I was so shocked by it. It is incredibly disruptive. I watched many CMs, especially photopass CMs, wince as these groups would pass.
I just feel the groups should be given guidelines and clued in to the fact that loud, organized chanting in theme parks is discouraged as it is disruptive. They are not at a sporting event, representing their team.

On my last trip, they started walking right down the parade route right before the parade was about to begin!

^^Thank you but that video does not illustrate what I am talking about. The LOUD, organized clapping and singing that drowns out everything else until they pass, is what I have a major problem with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter