Disney Genie announcement

This isn't straight from Disney - so grain of salt- but it sounds like you can either pay to add it to your full length of ticket in advance or you can pay for it day-by-day the day of.

Wait.. by "full length of ticket" -- you are just paying for your number of PARK days, correct? Would hate to be paying for extra days-(-- if we are booked for 10-day stay, but only doing 7 park days. )

Nothing would surprise me at this point .

I was replying to your post about you being glad you didn’t buy DVC.
DVC has top of the market pricing and all the changes Disney is announcing are (mostly) one-sided.
I mentioned that to my wife. Imagine having bought into them relatively recently only to see all these changes - no more Magical Express, limits on park reservations, and now this. Thank GOD I'm not locked in to a lengthy contract!

Sorry if already asked but can you do both Genie+ and individual headliners at same time? Can you have genie+ ride booked and an individual E-ticket ride booked simultaneously?

Fron what I have read, you can have 2 individual headliners (max for the day) and 1 Genie+ "classic attraction" booked at the same time.

If staying on site, at 7AM you can book those 2 individual super headliner lightming lane (probably with multiple return window choices) and can also book your first Genie+ (only "next available" return window time).

In my opinion, this should be a wake up call for families who traditionally always stay at a Disney Resort to sample an off site stay. The money you can save is tremendous, and you'll likely have more room to be comfortable in. The savings can be used for any and all Genie Passes and Lightning Passes and you'll still come out ahead.

Now I understand the lure of the on property stay ( I spent a week at Old Key West in February) and you may be afraid that you won't enjoy your trip as much, but then I would suggest that you stay on property for a short stay, maybe 2 nights, and then move "off shore" No it's not exactly the same experience, but I think you owe it to yourself to try it and see if it can still be a satisfactory experience.

Fron what I have read, you can have 2 individual headliners (max for the day) and 1 Genie+ "classic attraction" booked at the same time.

If staying on site, at 7AM you can book those 2 individual super headliner lightming lane (probably with multiple return window choices) and can also book your first Genie+ (only "next available" return window time).

Thanks. If this is indeed the case I think I may kind of like this system. I don’t like the upcharge but I’m already paying a fortune at Disney anyways 🤷🏼‍♂️

I mentioned that to my wife. Imagine having bought into them relatively recently only to see all these changes - no more Magical Express, limits on park reservations, and now this. Thank GOD I'm not locked in to a lengthy contract!
After our wonderful (if rainy) last stay in Dec 2019, I was seriously shopping for a resale contract for either AKV or BRV. I’m so, so glad I didn’t get one.

Do it! The deluxe hotels come with free express passes and you can even book rooms with Chase reward points if you got ‘em. Come over to the dark side, we have butterbeer. :drinking1
Seriously probably our next trip. And we did WDW 3x during COVID (and I did a one day DL trip). I’m rooting for them to fail miserably and have staggering and unimaginable losses to force some humility and aggressiveness to court customers rather than squeeze us dry. So, I’m voting with my pocketbook, which is all they’re fixated on now anyhow.

If you were sleeping in, won't affect you. You were standing in line all day anyway. #ropedrop
Not at all.

Morning & afternoon time at pricey breakfast, at the swimming pool, recreational boating, golfing, and/or shopping in Disney Springs frequently led to:

Arrive for 3 o’clock parade
4pm/5pm/6pm FP+
6:30 Dinner
Fireworks

Only time we’d wait on a line was the anytime attractions like 3-D movies, shows, & old-time animatics.

Standby-only this summer was horrible.

Now - the expectations of a daily 7am challenge that lacks certainty of ride times along with frequently glitchy Disney software - may finally be too much for some folks.

Last edited:
Not at all.

Morning & afternoon time at pricey breakfast, at the swimming pool, recreational boating, golfing, and/or shopping in Disney Springs frequently led to:

Arrive fir 3 o’clock parade
4pm/5pm/6pm FP+
6:30 Dinner
Fireworks

Only time we’d wait on a line was the anytime attractions like 3-D movies, shows, & old-time animatics.

Standby-only this summer was horrible.

Now - the expectations of a daily 7am challenge that lacks certainty of ride times along with frequently glitchy Disney software - may finally be too much for some folks.

This 100%. Some days we went to the parks from RD through fireworks, but at least one or two days were lazy mornings with a late breakfast, pool time and rocking up to a park in the late afternoon in time to do 3 FP+ rides before dinner (or food booths, if Epcot). Now any day we want to sleep in we’ll just not buy tickets, maybe spend the whole day by the pool or enjoying the resort.

Wait.. by "full length of ticket" -- you are just paying for your number of PARK days, correct? Would hate to be paying for extra days-(-- if we are booked for 10-day stay, but only doing 7 park days. )

Nothing would surprise me at this point .
More than likely there will be a small fee to opt out of Genie on days you are not at the parks, but on property. I’m betting it’s around $15pp per non park day.

No, but they might actually re-become a business which remembers the triangle of employees, customers, and stockholders and keeping all 3 happy and in balance to be a long term success vs the one they are now, focused on a single leg and short term success...
He's never leaving...and if he does there's a clone of him to take his place because Iger the head honcho who started all this money grubbing is the head of the Board of Directors and his regime is all about the bottom line...and making Dis+ the leader in streaming. Parks? Feh it's just about bringing in as much money as they can.

There's only 7am nonsense if you want to purchase specific rides. From what I've read, you don't get the 7am head start for regular Genie rides
Nope! Genie opens at 7am for everyone. So be up at 7 or resign yourself to not getting a reservation until late in the day. The “head start” is that resort guests can purchase individual rides at 7 while others can’t do until later.

More than likely there will be a small fee to opt out of Genie on days you are not at the parks, but on property. I’m betting it’s around $15pp per non park day.

Wait--- so $15 pp per day for Genie when you are in the parks, and $15 pp per non park day too ?

If you opt out of Genie+ for non-Park days, how do you expect to get into Trader Sam’s or Beaches and Cream? (ducks)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter