• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney for a family of 5 during a Pandemic

Mimi3

Earning My Ears
It really is a different Disney. A lot of the gift shops were closed are to compacity. With a family of five, food was our major problem. Disney's menus are no longer child friendly. Only table service restaurants open which cost us beyond our budget. We have a 12,5 and autistic picky 4 year old. We just couldn't see paying the table service prices for 5 for only really two to eat. So we chose nightly uber meals at chic fil a, cracker barrel, etc. instead of Disney. We tried one night to pickup food from another hotel but way too much trouble. Might Casey's and Harbor House needs to open.

We did like the lines being social distanced. The bus rides going to and from hotels and parks.

My parents and my family were going to try to come back in April 2021 but have decided to put it off. My Dad loves hamburgers and hot dogs and they were nowhere to be found. Keep trying Disney for the kids.

We just returned (also a family of 5 -10, 6, and 3). We had a great time. We also liked the socially distanced lines. We didn't find food to be that big of an issue. My problem was it seemed like often times all we could find was hamburgers. That is mostly because of us. We aren't at the point where we are willing to eat inside a restaurant. We do quick service while seated outside or we picked up food and brought it back to the hotel. Finding quick service was not really a problem. We mostly did mobile ordering for lunch and was able to eat outside. We rented a car so for dinner we often picked up food on the way back to the hotel. We did Olive Garden one night, pizza another night, and McDonald's. Other nights we mobile ordered food to go from Olivia's and Three Bridges. We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge so we ordered from Sanna one night too.

We’re a family of six and vacationed there in both July and October. Each park had plenty of quick service food options that are open. Did you miss the signs saying Mobile Food Order? It’s easy! In our family we have a picky eater and a vegetarian, and everyone found something to eat at quick service.

Resort dining could get tricky as lines were long or options limited. We ate in our room plenty, either cooking in unit (DVC) or Uber eats. Just plan ahead and know what’s available before going, as things have been in a state of flux.

Most are. The notable exception is Coronado Springs is the only hotel with no quick service restaurant.
We were at CSR last week.......ordered take out at Rix Sports Bar 2 of the nights & ate in our room. The 1st night, we ordered 2 chicken tender baskets and it was way too much food for us. So, the next order, we shared a cheeseburger/fries & ordered a side order of fries (we still couldn't eat it all). Both were really good!!

In the parks, we had no problem mobile ordering at MK/Cosmic Rays & Peco's, HS/Rosie's & AK/Flame Tree. (didn't eat in Epcot) All were good except I wasn't a fan of Rosie's. I will be glad when more choices open up but, we managed fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter