Disney Dinning Plan anyone use it lately??

Master Grayson

<font color=blue>Haunted Mansion Ghost Host
We head home July 3 and are up in the air about trying this (myself,DW,DS5,DS9) seems like a good deal just wondering if any first timers can give some info.
Thanks

Hi;
we used the dining plan on several occasions. I'd never go without it again. One night my DW and i ate at the Concourse steak House in the Contemporary and the bill was over $100.00 + tip. All i did was sign my name and we were on our way. we have never been dissapointed. we're going down again in may and already have the dining plan. Hope this helps.
Fred :cheer2:

Definately do the plan. it allows you to not worry and it is so worth it. would never go again without it. loved it loved it loved it. you couldn't eata t two counter services and get snacks for less than 38 a day so it is soo woth it. and you get to eat at sit down meals everyday, not always eating burgers etc.

We have been with and without and will never go without again. It allows you to try places you may not if you had to pay OOP on vacation. Also, we tried lots of new food I know we wouldn't have without it. Have fun!

The best advice I have recieved on it is to use the Table Service meals for dinners, you will get more food out of it:)
D.D.

Fall1 said:
We have been with and without and will never go without again. It allows you to try places you may not if you had to pay OOP on vacation. Also, we tried lots of new food I know we wouldn't have without it. Have fun!

DITTO for us. The plan was easy to use and we enjoyed a lot of new restaurants and foods on the plan. :thumbsup2

I have opted for the dinning plan when I head to Disney in May.
I arrive on a Monday afternoon and depart on a Friday around noon.
I understand that I get one counter service and one table service meal per day plus snacks. Do I get that the day I arrive? What about the day that we leave. Do we get anything at all? If so would it be wise to use the credits before the last day?
Can anyone tell me how they would work it so I don't waste any meals?

mommary said:
I have opted for the dinning plan when I head to Disney in May.
I arrive on a Monday afternoon and depart on a Friday around noon.
I understand that I get one counter service and one table service meal per day plus snacks. Do I get that the day I arrive? What about the day that we leave. Do we get anything at all? If so would it be wise to use the credits before the last day?
Can anyone tell me how they would work it so I don't waste any meals?

You get one TS, CS & snack credit per person per night stay. You can start using the credits the moment you check in and they expire on midnight of the day you check out.

Pedler is right you get one perNight of your stay so you would get one mon, tues , wed, thurs, but thye can be used anytime from check in to midnight of check out day.

What we are doing is using a TS meal on the first night we arrive since we will arrive around noon, then use the leftover CS as a breakfast at the resort before we leave on the last day. Snack to take home in the car. :Pinkbounc

While dinners are typically more expensive than breakfasts, I LOVE doing the character breakfasts with my TS credits.

It can get old really quick just using the credits for lunches and dinners. Just my .02

:thumbsup2

I'm all for it! We have gone twice and the food plan is the way to go. We never went hungry and I agree with the above poster, we ate at places we never would have eaten at before. It just can't be beat!!!! I love not having to look at the prices but just order, give my card and I'm good! :woohoo:

We tried the dining plan for the first time 4/8-4/16. FANTASTIC!!!
We ate at places that we would have never tried, nor could have afforded. We didn't try to "work" the system, we ate at places we wanted to,including buffets and character meals. I've read that they aren't the best "bang for the buck". If we had payed OOP, it would have cost $250.00 more than we paid for the plan, and that's for 2 people!
The only problem, if you could call it one, was that we were STUFFED for 8 days! Can I say O'HANA!!!!!!!

I just got back from a 3 night stay with my dh. The dining plan is sooooo worth it. Dinner at LeCellier was awesome and came to $114.95. We also ate at Ohanas which came to $64.72 and lunch at Capn Jack's was $60.29. I would do it again. I love going to the diferent restaurants around WDW.

We use it everytime we go and we love it! It isn't hard at all. You will get a list of places on the plan when you check in. We eat like kings and queens on it. Seriously you eat a lot healthier on the plan. Just make the plan work for you. For example if you are't a big breakfast eater than do not use the plan for breakfast. Eat a really nice dinner instead. There are some fantasitically good places to eat at WDW and this plan allows you to try them out. For dinner you get your own appetizer, entree, dessert and non-acholic drink. It is so awesome. Make sure you booked priority seating.
Our problem was using all the snacks because we were constantly full. We solved that problem by using up the rest of snack allowances by buying Mickey Mouse rice krispy treats and bringing them home to our grandchildren.

We ate at Le Cellier this last trip and fell in love with it. That is one of the benefits of the dining plan. You can try new places. We always start our trip out at Cap'n Jacks.
We also ate ate the Yatshman Steakhouse and that bill came to $160.00 (for the 2 of us and we didn't have any acholic drinks.. It takes 2 points on the dining card but it is worth it.
You might want to try Mays Cafe at the Yacht club too. They have an awesome clam bake! The Brown Derby is always good. When we first started with the DDP it was only 1 point but now it is 2 points. Worth it!

I think the nearest would be Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter