***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
macntosh said:
I I just shared with my wife all of your kind words. From the bottom of our hearts thank you!

Back to the topic, where do you get this good transfer paper?

Kate e-mailed me the person's e-bay ID and I just ordered today. If I had known there were more interested, I would have bought a bigger supply and saved on shipping!

Here is a link to his store:

http://stores.ebay.com/Heat-Transfer-Supplies

I bought 25 light sheets and 25 dark sheets (may have more light sheets than I need and a few extra dark - not sure how many shirts I will end up making). He did combine shipping and save me about $2.00

Just watch the sizes - some are 8x10, not 8 1/2 x 11. I did a buy it now, they have cheaper shipping usually.

Baloo - so sorry to hear about your cancelation. What a bummer! Can I help? We'll be at the party next week - does Erich have a favorite character? Maybe we can send him a postcard (anonymously of course) saying "we're sorry you can't join us this year Erich - we'll see you next year!"

I know he's older and will figure out a DISer helped, but would it make him smile, even for a little while? Let me know.

Marti

macntosh said:
I I just shared with my wife all of your kind words. From the bottom of our hearts thank you!

Back to the topic, where do you get this good transfer paper?

My first attempt at design....

KAA-Mowglicopy.jpg

Here is another one that might work for you...

areyoulookinatme.jpg

Baloo...I'm sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip. :grouphug: Doing something at home isn't the same, but it could be lots of fun.

karebear1 said:
Macntosh- if you're gonna buy some of that paper off ebay- I'll go in on it with you. I need some for our trip in mid November.

Me too.....if it's a quick turnaround.....I leave in 3 weeks...and am willing to $$ for UPS/Fed Ex delivery ::yes::

ooops, just saw the other post. Karebear, do you want to share an order, I'm mostly interested in the dark (as it works best for both white and colored) and don't need very many.....the 8 1/2 by 11 of course.

p.s. I still have your cell phone # from last January! If it's still the same let me know and we can discuss this venture ;)

Sorry to hear about your trip Baloo. :(

My family had gone/is going though the same so I know how hard it is to get anytime away. Can you get your Mom in respite (spelled wrong?) care quickly so you can still go?

I know that is what my GM did for a few days break with my GGM and GP otherwise it was just us who came for a few hours. Thankfully we have a large family (GM had 8 kids) so someone is always close.

macntosh said:
I am happy to answer and thanks for asking. What happened to our daughter is that the brain was not fully formed at time of delivary. In non-scientific terms: There is some fluid that allows messages and commands to pass through in the brain. In her brain at these points due to prematurity she has slight scarring which is only seen via a catscan. She has no physical sign of her disability except for the way she walks.

Her case is not as severe as other children, she has high muscle tone in her legs and is unable without supports or intense stretching to flatten her feet when she walks. She is what some call a "toe walker". She is in physical three times a week at this moment to work with the botox injections she recieved in her legs. We are doing this so that in the future they may not have to cut and lengthin her achelious tendons.

She also does equine therapy once a week, which is riding horses. This allows her to build trunk strength so that she in turn can in turn control her strides.

At this moment, I believe she could walk, she has taken a few steps on her own at times, but she doesn't like to fall. What a girl. :rolleyes1

We had her delivered early becuase we experienced the same symptoms during this pregnancy as our first. However during our first pregnancy we lost our son Griffin at 32 weeks. When we saw the same things happening to my wifes body again (she is a type 1 diabetic), we decided to take our chances with whatever the lord would give us.

He certainly has blessed us with a bright minded, beutifull child and a dedicated angel for her.

So there's our story. Sorry for the long winded reply.

Thanks for sharing and making us all a little more knowedgable (sp) she is a beautiful little girl - that smile is amazing :goodvibes

Baloo I am so sorry your trip fell through. :sad1:
Maybe there is a time later in the year /early next year you can come down?

Tammi67 said:
I had to twist hubby's arm a bit, but it worked. I am sure they are going to become disney fanatics just like me. ... It is sheer awe watching your children take in all the sights for the first time. Nothing in the world beats it. I get goosepimply and teary eyed just thinking about it. It is the best feeling in the world.

Tammi --

I am STILL that way after all these years and all these trips. I wanted to go to WDW for our honeymoon in 1973, byt DH2B thought that the Poconos would be more romantic :rotfl:

We took our first WDW vacation in 1981 and have more than 30 trips under our belts. DH in no way has the same Disney addiction that I do, but has come to acccept and support me in my quest to win over the rest of the world. In fact, when I graciously offered to plan a Christmas holiday trip to another location this year he was scandalized that we would not be going to WDW. His words... "It would not be Christmas without Walt." :wizard:

Our 2 DDs probably love WDW almost as much as their mother, thank goodness! Many milestone birthdays have been spent there and (as I have said before) this is our 10th annual trip for Christmas. Next week the girls and I go to WDW without DH to celebrate our older DD's 27th birthday. When we asked her what she wanted this year for her birthday, she told us that she had already put in for vacation for an extended weekend trip to WDW for the Food & Wine Festival. We were invited to go with her. It just so happened that DD19's fall break from college fell the same weekend as her sister's BDay so it was Kismet. I will drive to Richmond and pick both girls up and head to the airport Wedensday afternoon.

I cannot WAIT to walk down Main Street and through the International Gateway with one DD on either side of me. They will grab my hand and say, "Go ahead, Mom... you can cry." Then I WILL get misty (OK, I will probably get a lot misty and leak a little of that mist :rolleyes1 ) and love every single minute of it. :love:

The joy of making those memories with the ones I love just does not ever get old.

mgkkgdm said:
I hope this works alittle better for you...
It does look cute on the printed shirt even though it doesn't look that clean.

Thanks, Paul! Methinks I need to make another T shirt now!

I am so sorry that you won't be able to make your trip this year for MNSSHP. You were so excited (and so was Erich). Many hugs from me :grouphug: and if there is anything that I could get to send to you or Erich (pins, T shirts?) PLEASE don't hesitate to ask! :dog2: (I know this is a dog, but it looks like a bear)

Cinderumbrella - your shirts look great. Love the lime green. You have very cute models :goodvibes

mommykds - Great shirts. Love the Disney on the long sleeve.

macntosh - Love your design. Thanks for sharing your story. You and your wife must be so proud of that beautiful little girl. She is a true princess. princess: Love her Snow White dress.

Baloo--I'm so sorry to hear about your trip. I would be completely crushed. Start a new tradition that you can do along with your trip next year. You can never have too many traditons.

Beth

Baloo said:
I am so bummed. :sad1: I need to whine to people who understand.

We were suppose to be leaving for WDW this Sat.Erich has all next week off for Fall Break.I had tickets for MNSSHP on Oct. 20th.We were staying with our friend that lives down there (and works for WDW and gets us in the parks for free) A few weeks ago the heater core in my car quit working.It's going to cost close to $600 bucks to get it fixed and we really don't have that but we still thought about going.But this weekend my cousin in N.C., who was going to have my Mom stay with her while we were gone.(Mom lives with us,has Alzheimer) fell through ,so the trip is totally off now. :sad:

I sent our MNSSHP party tickets to our friend a couple weeks ago just in case we didn't make it.He has somebody that will buy them from of us.

This will be the FIRST TIME in 10 YEARS that Erich and I won't be able to go to MNSSHP.We did the first one when he was 2 and have gone every year since. Joe's been with us the last 4 MNSSHP.:sad1: :sad1: :sad1: I know there's next year but I'm majorly depressed right now :worried:

Thanks for listening.

Baloo - Please don't feel like you are whinning. We are here to listen. It must be very sad not to get to go on your trip. I would be devastated :sad1: and next year seems to be so far away, but time has a way of passing quickly :hourglass Like the other have said, try and do something at home that night. It won't be the same but still celebrate. Hugs to you and Erich :grouphug:

disneyeveryyear said:
Kate e-mailed me the person's e-bay ID and I just ordered today. If I had known there were more interested, I would have bought a bigger supply and saved on shipping!

Here is a link to his store:

http://stores.ebay.com/Heat-Transfer-Supplies

I bought 25 light sheets and 25 dark sheets (may have more light sheets than I need and a few extra dark - not sure how many shirts I will end up making). He did combine shipping and save me about $2.00

I am interested to buying some but how do you know which one to get. I don't know anything about the paper. :confused3 Could you please let me know which one you got. I want the one for dark paper. I think anyway :confused3

Baloo. I am so sorry that you cannot take your annual trip. I'm sure that you are both devastated. I would love to send a postcard to Erich, but I'm not sure that I'll get a chance to check in for your address again before we leave. If you happen to log on before 10 am send me a PM with your address and I'll make sure to check. We will be leaving here in 2 1/2 hours.

Deb

This is the most interesting thread on the DIS boards. I started with it at the beginning and have really enjoyed keeping up. I've shed a lot of tears over the past couple of days hearing the stories of your beautiful children. What a real heartwarming community of people who are willing to share and support each other!

I, too, am interested in some of the ebay dark transfer paper. I'd like 25 sheets, if anyone wants to go in together to get a cheaper price!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter