Disney Deluxe Dining Plan Question

BcIcemen

DIS Veteran
2 couples are going to WDW and staying in 2 studios for 4 nights. Couple 1 gets the deluxe dining plan which would give them 24 meal credits for 4 nights. Could they cover all of Couple 2 dinners? if all 4 went to dinner all 4 nights then they would have only used 16 meal credits,so they could even go to 2 signature meals. If I am thinking this correctly 4 people could split 2 Deluxe meal plans? Has anyone done or tried this? TIA

That can be done, yes, under the rules changes to the system from a couple years ago that allow buying meals for people not on your plan.

Yes you could definitely do that. This is one way to actually get the deluxe plan to make sense food wise.

It might not be a problem but remember that you will only receive two mugs for LOS

We are doing similar- I think it's enough to cover dinners, but not all meals. We have 6 people (one party of 2 and one of 4)- the 4 person group is getting the DxDP for 2 nights, and the 2 person group is getting QS for 3 nights. It's leaving us with enough credits for 4 dinners/character meals and 2 QS (if we we don't share). We figure we'll pay OOP for a couple of QS if needed.

This works great, but remember that the people whose credits are being used must be at each meal. It gets awkward if you are planning to split up for any meals as the couple without the dining plan cannot scan for their own TS dinner.

Also, for the previous poster, even when sharing it is hard to come out ahead on the QS package. The Dx can usually work out financially in your favor, but the QS plan is almost always more than paying for the exact same meals out of pocket, especially if any of those QS are planned for breakfast.

We are doing similar- I think it's enough to cover dinners, but not all meals. We have 6 people (one party of 2 and one of 4)- the 4 person group is getting the DxDP for 2 nights, and the 2 person group is getting QS for 3 nights. It's leaving us with enough credits for 4 dinners/character meals and 2 QS (if we we don't share). We figure we'll pay OOP for a couple of QS if needed.

Just make sure you schedule all your TS meals during that two-night stay. Those credits will only be good through midnight of the day they check-out. So let's say they are staying a Fri and Sat night. All your TS meals using those credits will have to be on Fri, Sat, and Sun.

Just make sure you schedule all your TS meals during that two-night stay. Those credits will only be good through midnight of the day they check-out. So let's say they are staying a Fri and Sat night. All your TS meals using those credits will have to be on Fri, Sat, and Sun.

Yes, this is exactly what we did! We're arriving very early on our first day, and heading to a Universal hotel on the last day as late as possible so we can utilize our credits up until 11:59 :)

10 people (4 adults and 6 kids under 9) staying in 2 separate villas in December. I am thinking about putting the 6 kids and myself on the 2br villa and the other 3 adults on the studio and purchase the DELUXE dining plan for me and 6 grandchildren and sharing the meals between all 10 of us. I know that you can use the dining plans and pay for other people so there is no issue there but the kids meals and adult meals on the DELUXE dining plan are still pooled right? I don't care about a mug and neither does my husband so just having 7 mugs will be fine -we will just buy another mug when we activate the other ones.

just want to add that there will be 2 adults and 6 kids actually staying in the 2br and 2 adult in the studio. i am just putting my DH on the other room so i don't have to purchase the DDP for him because that would be too many credits for sure.

questions:

Deluxe dining credits still pooled?

Can a child's magicband be used to use credits - purchase meals? (Another adult will be with them from the Studio sometimes)

thanks !

10 people (4 adults and 6 kids under 9) staying in 2 separate villas in December. I am thinking about putting the 6 kids and myself on the 2br villa and the other 3 adults on the studio and purchase the DELUXE dining plan for me and 6 grandchildren and sharing the meals between all 10 of us. I know that you can use the dining plans and pay for other people so there is no issue there but the kids meals and adult meals on the DELUXE dining plan are still pooled right? I don't care about a mug and neither does my husband so just having 7 mugs will be fine -we will just buy another mug when we activate the other ones.

just want to add that there will be 2 adults and 6 kids actually staying in the 2br and 2 adult in the studio. i am just putting my DH on the other room so i don't have to purchase the DDP for him because that would be too many credits for sure.

questions:

Deluxe dining credits still pooled?

Can a child's magicband be used to use credits - purchase meals? (Another adult will be with them from the Studio sometimes)

thanks !
I hope so, because I am planning to do this. 10 people, 5 adults, 4 kids & 1 infant. Putting 1 adult and 2 kids in the studio with DxDP, and 3 adults and 2 kids in the 2 bedroom. Gives us 1 TS meal per person per day for about $22/meal. I know tips are extra but the snacks and mugs are also included for free basically. It is tempting to put a 3rd kid in the studio for the minimal additional cost ($13.33/meal), but I am worried that sitting down more than once a day will be too much time eating for the kids... are you concerned that this will be too much food/dining time for the 6 kids?

I am hoping to use my daughters MB to pay for meals even if the adult in the studio isn’t at the ADR, I also hope this will work.

What about tips... can tips be split up per family or per person even though the TS credit will be on someone else’s MB? I would want to pay gratuities for my own family, and my MIL and SIL will want to pay their own separate tips.

And how do people keep track of snack credits? We would want to divide them up per family based on who will be paying for each TS credit. My SIL will go to Universal with her family for a couple of days, so they will pay for less TS credits than my family, and therefore they will also have less snack entitlements. Just thinking it might get complicated to remember who gets how many snacks...

And how do people keep track of snack credits? We would want to divide them up per family based on who will be paying for each TS credit. My SIL will go to Universal with her family for a couple of days, so they will pay for less TS credits than my family, and therefore they will also have less snack entitlements. Just thinking it might get complicated to remember who gets how many snacks...

Just make sure everyone knows how many they get. You may have to make your own tear off or mark off system for everyone to use. You can get a print out from your resort each night of what has been used and what's left, but they won't know who used them. Maybe have everyone get and keep their receipts and then tally up each night.

What about tips... can tips be split up per family or per person even though the TS credit will be on someone else’s MB? I would want to pay gratuities for my own family, and my MIL and SIL will want to pay their own separate t
I don't believe so. Each party can leave their share of the top in cash, otherwise be prepared to pay the top in full and have MIL/SIL reimburse you.

I don't believe so. Each party can leave their share of the top in cash, otherwise be prepared to pay the top in full and have MIL/SIL reimburse you.

i always bring cash for tips (after being double charged) and simply write CASH on the gratuity line. I tell the server up front i am using the dining plan but paying gratuity in cash. i look at the menus before we go and bring 20% of the cost of the meals. I also bring several $5 bills for bus drivers to and from MCO. It has worked great the last 2 trips. i don't usually charge using my Magic Band and pay with my Disney Visa at Gift Shops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter