Disney Cruise Line: Simulated Test Sailings With Volunteers Beginning June 29

There has been a whole string of emails sent out telling everyone they don’t have to pay in full until closer to sale date through the end of the year. Everyone knows that is usually the kids of death to those cruises. We may be looking to 2022.
This is interesting. Not only did I NOT get the email, but I'm already PIF for our Sept cruise. Maybe it's because we're concierge level? Regardless, I'd rather that money be collecting interest in MY account instead of DCL's, if the sail is in doubt. 🤨

This is interesting. Not only did I NOT get the email, but I'm already PIF for our Sept cruise. Maybe it's because we're concierge level? Regardless, I'd rather that money be collecting interest in MY account instead of DCL's, if the sail is in doubt. 🤨
It might be because you are already paid in full, there was no need to send you an email about changes to PIF dates.

I have been paid in full since last year as this cruise was the replacement for the November 2020 cancellation. I received an email 5/28

From Disney: For sailings through November 30, 2021, we are temporarily extending final payment until 60 days prior to sailing for Guests booked in unrestricted stateroom categories. This means that those Guests who have not yet reached their final payment due date can wait until up to 60 days prior to sailing to pay for their cruise vacation. Onboard cruise activities can be scheduled within your clients’ Castaway Club booking window once final payment is received.

The notices that went out yesterday were for the November/December sailings. I received two. One for each sailing that is affected. They already sent out notices for September/October last month. The notices are sent out include specific reservation numbers that are affected. So you probably received one already.

I received a notice as well for my Dec 2021 cruise. But since PIF is in Aug which is 120 days prior, perhaps DCL just doesn't want people to feel they need to make a decision now. Most people will be willing to hold onto it if they're not pressured to pay in full.

I don't think they have any definitive answers...they just seem like they waiting it out.

I hope the notice isn't the kiss of death...but I can see the pattern.

The Dream is moving from Anchorage off the coast back into Port Canaveral today.

It's sad when I'm trying to read the tea leaves by watching the ship move....sigh.

The Dream is moving from Anchorage off the coast back into Port Canaveral today.

It's sad when I'm trying to read the tea leaves by watching the ship move....sigh.

The Dream is off the coast of Florida as it was originally planned for the test cruise, but....

You are not alone with trying to figure out what is going on.........*sigh* double *sigh*

Last edited:

Well, since the test cruise was supposed to depart yesterday, that would have meant she would have been in PC yesterday, possibly even the day before. So she likely needed to get in to refuel and bring on supplies anyway. Hard to read much into that.

Has anyone heard if the CDC submitted plans for a narrower injunction before the July 2nd deadline? I thought I read on another thread that the judge granted them an extension, but I can’t find anything on the deadline or the extension.

Has anyone heard if the CDC submitted plans for a narrower injunction before the July 2nd deadline? I thought I read on another thread that the judge granted them an extension, but I can’t find anything on the deadline or the extension.

According to this article, the extension was for something different and the July 2 deadline for a response still applied. Don't know if that is 100% accurate or not.

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/leg...cdc-more-time-respond-floridas-cruise-lawsuit

I've searched and haven't found anything regarding the CDC filing any kind of response on Friday.

The deadline was extended to 7/22/2021. The CDC has asked for August 2nd, but Florida only explicitly consented to a 2-week extension (but it's possible that in the end it'll be extended again).

According to this article, the extension was for something different and the July 2 deadline for a response still applied. Don't know if that is 100% accurate or not.

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/leg...cdc-more-time-respond-floridas-cruise-lawsuit

I've searched and haven't found anything regarding the CDC filing any kind of response on Friday.
The CDC just appealed the ruling today to the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.

I wouldn't count on the verdict of this one way or the other anytime soon.

The CDC also requested a further stay on enforcing the ruling pending appeal. I uploaded the request for a stay here in case anyone wants to read it without paying $3 to download it on PACER: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qrqz65q8teebzc0/CDC Request for Stay.pdf?dl=0

Of interest, there is an attachment from CLIA starting on Page 38 of the PDF outlining the cruise industry's proposal for health and safety protocols.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter