• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Channel: Cadet Kelly

Peter Pirate

Its not the end of civilization...But you can see
The family sat and watched 'Cadet Kelly' on the Disney Channel last night, as the kids have anxiously been awaiting its premiere. Once again Disney came through with an outstanding made for tv movie (starring "Lizzie" and "Ren"). For sure it lagged in a couple of sequences designed for time, but overall it was a very funny (especially Hilary Duff), touching at points and educational film.

On the heels of "Double Teamed" & "The Jenny Project" the Disney Channel is proving once again that they (Disney) are still capable of making quality family entertainment.

I have to wonder if some of these (particularily "The Jenny Project") couldn't have been 'beefed up' just a little and made a profitable theatrical release...
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

I genereally enjoy the Disney Channel Original movies. And I sat and watched this one with my kids Friday night and enjoyed it too.

It gets three thumbs up (out of three thumbs) in our house.

Peter,

I completely agree. I think they have done a great job on the made-for-disney-channel stuff. And they are doing a lot for the careers of some decent journeyman actors that are just to "un-hip" to get a second look elsewhere. Our only complaint about the Cadet Kelly film is that the character the "Ren" actress played was just too unlikable for too long and the premise of the stepdaugher forced into military school was enough of a stretch to make here relationship with "Sir" a bit too odd. But overall, another great piece of family entertainment. I'd much rather the kids eagerly anticipate a new "Zoog-Movie" than many other things.

I see "Cadet" has set records for the Disney channel neilson's & beat all networks in its demo...Not bad, eh? Does Eisner have nothing to do with Disney channel? While I will not let my kids watch any tv (including Disney) cart blanche, I find it reassuring to know that at least 90% of their offerings are more than acceptable and much of it (the original's) outstanding!

Galahad, good to hear from you again!
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

I guess, whether my DH wants to admit it or not.....since we are paying for ....what....maybe 200 channels....
We have only 2 channels on our TV......ESPN and the Disney Channel.
This truely makes us a Disney family :)

My 11yo DD looks forward to all the new Disney Original Movies!! :D
I have not seen "Cadet" yet, but if it is as good as the other "originals", Then Disney has another winner.:D
There used to be equal time between the Disney Channel and Nickolodeon.....but in the past year the Disney Channel has really pulled it together. Producing family oriented and fun movies and shows.
So now it is Disney all the way.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter