• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney came through in a BIG way!!

mickeyfan0805

DIS Veteran
When having dinner prior to the start of MNSSHP last Thursday, our personal stroller was stolen from the stroller parking at Tomorrowland Speedway. As the supervisor (Kevin) came to the scene to help with what had happened, he asked for the details of what was taken. I explained that it was our stroller, our personal cooler, and the costumes we had brought for our two girls (3 and 2) for the party. He proceeded to call security and asked me to wait at that location for the officer while he went to check on a few things. He returned just before security and informed me that he had just made arrangements with the Merchants of Venus store to provide our girls with their choice of costumes and accessories at no cost!! While DW and I were distraught at the loss of a stroller that was only 4 months old, our more immediate concern was the fact that our girls had been looking forward to trick-or-treating with Mickey for months and that the costumes were gone. Kevin alleviated that worry in a single moment.

After filing our report, we made our way to the store where they comped $175 worth of costumes (those princess dresses cost a fortune) and then to the arcade in Tomorrowland for the stroller they were providing for the remainder of our stay. Disney had no fault in this, and had no reason to owe us anything, but they stepped up to keep the night from being a disaster for our girls. They got to go trick-or-treating as Ariel and Sleeping Beauty and loved every minute of it. This is why we love Disney, and this frustrating experience did nothing but make us appreciate Disney even more! I can't thank Kevin, or Disney enough for what they did!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

I'm sorry that someone would be that mean as to steal your possessions & cause you stress. Glad to hear Disney saved the day for you & your girls. Hope you had a great time despite all the problems.

I know the theft of your stroller was very frustrating. It is great that Disney restored some of your MAGIC for the night. Just curious as to what kind of stoller it was?

I know the theft of your stroller was very frustrating. It is great that Disney restored some of your MAGIC for the night. Just curious as to what kind of stoller it was?

It was a Baby Jogger City Mini. We just got it in June.

Stories like this are one reason why we always took almost all our detritus (shopping bags, cameras, etc) onto rides with us when DD was younger. I'm glad Disney & CM Kevin were able to make things whole, though, that's wonderful.

And how AWFUL that someone stole your stroller. How brazen can one be?

agnes!

I think that's so sad that someone would steal somebody else's stroller..
But I'm so pleased that they stepped up and helped your girls to have a magical evening!! That is fantastic :)

That's awesome of Disney and a great reminder to me to take my front wheels off my stroller next week when I'm there and it's parked.

I actually got goosebumps while reading all the nice things they did for you. What a great thing for Disney to do. It really is a magical place.

I actually got goosebumps while reading all the nice things they did for you. What a great thing for Disney to do. It really is a magical place.

me too:thumbsup2 what a happy ending!!

I too can't believe someone would steal a stroller.

I hope you wrote a letter to WDW praising Kevin. I am so happy that they did that for you. I am so sorry that your stroller and belongings were stolen. That's just really uncool.

We've always taken something to identify our stroller that either cannot be removed by anyone but us or not removed at all.

That is awesome! NOT that your stroller was stolen, of course, but that they went out of their way to make sure it didn't ruin your girls' night of ToTing!!!

What is strang is if they were going to steal it, why not remove the cooler and any idendifiable carry alongs.
Did they search the area in case a family abadoned it when saw it was not theirs? Also, one time in Small world out stroller was moved to the far side of the attraction to the right of Small world in a parking area.

I guess the inner strollers get trapped in and they cleared the area. It was a late open night and the parade would start soon, guess they were the clean uo patrol. BUT they never had a CM to assist to where they were moved and we were panicked for almost half an hour of searching until I located it.

Nothing special about ours, it has seen many trips and not worth $20 at yard sale, so I knew it had to have been moved.
I am so sorry to hear about this and wish security beefed up and caught them.
Oh did you happen to check lost and found the next morning or later? Maybe someone used it and then abadonded it? If a smart person tool it they would not leave by the main gate, they would likely hop a monorail to Epcot to avoid being looked for I would guess.
di

Wow sorry to hear about your stroller, I have never heard about anything being stolen from Disney before. Now I will be more careful with my stroller. It is a shame that people have to ruin even the inocense of Disney. I thought that was the one place you relax and let your guard down. Good to know that the cast member come thru with flying colors, that of course is the magic of Disney

I'm so sorry your stroller was stolen. But so glad to hear what Disney did for you guys.

It was a Baby Jogger City Mini. We just got it in June.

Since there is at least one off site stroller rental company that rents the City Mini http://www.orlandostrollerrentals.com/ I wonder if it wasn't another case of "mistaken identity" -- you know where someone inadvertently takes a look-alike stroller. Mom parks stroller somewhere, gives a less than precise description of where it should be or it gets moved by a CM & then Dad goes to look for it & gets the wrong one.

I'm sorry you had to go through all that, but glad that Disney stepped up and gave you the costumes so that at least your kids still got to enjoy the party.

I can not wait till next year... Disney is letting you in on your birthday for free.. and I am excited... I live in Orlando, so we will go for each of the birthdays, its just the three of us, and that should be cheap enough to enjoy...

:headache: How awful that someone would steal your stroller. What a wonderful thing for Disney to do for your family!!! There is definately some magic going on!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter