Disney After Hours Q&A and Experiences Thread

I’m hoping for more dates as well, but for the first week of April. Would love to do a MK after hours! Any rumors on if they will be adding any for MK or even AK?

I know photo pass photographers are out during after hours events, but are the photos included in ticket cost? Or are these treated the same way they are during normal park hours, they'll take the photos and they show in your account but you'll either need to buy them or have memory maker?

I am going to DHS February 26th for my first after hours.

I know photo pass photographers are out during after hours events, but are the photos included in ticket cost? Or are these treated the same way they are during normal park hours, they'll take the photos and they show in your account but you'll either need to buy them or have memory maker?

I am going to DHS February 26th for my first after hours.

There is nothing on the website to suggest that photos are included. It only mentions shorter wait times and some snacks.

Did anybody go to the Hollywood Studios AH last night? Would love to hear how it was. I'm slated to attend the next one on the 24th!

Just saw a blog post, and looked like they saw Duffy there. I saw wait time averages, but would love to hear how people actually experienced it!

I know this is an impossible to answer question at this point but what is the speculation on these events end of Sept/beginning of October?

Last night looked amazing--low crowds, Duffy, Tiana, Mickey & Minnie free roaming.

I know this is an impossible to answer question at this point but what is the speculation on these events end of Sept/beginning of October?

Last night looked amazing--low crowds, Duffy, Tiana, Mickey & Minnie free roaming.

Generally don’t have them past mid-summer as focus becomes Halloween party.

I’m not sure they have ever had the After Hour events during that time as they have the MNSSHP (Halloween parties) going on 3 nights a week already at MK and I’m not sure about the other parks.

Hoping they add more nights for DAH. We went to the event at HS last May and had an amazing time.

We did get there right at 7 and there was a bit of a line to get on ToT but it moved quickly. We then went to build droids at the Droid Depot and the park looked almost empty as the day guests were pretty much gone once we came back out. The only ride that we had a 25 minute wait for was Slinky Dog. We walked right onto everything else or waited no more than 5 minutes with the exception of Rise. Rise was down most of the night but it came up towards the end. We made a beeline for Rise around 12:45 from the other side of the park to try and make it before the event ended. We were the 2nd to last family that they let pass by at 12:58. Since it’s a longer ride with the preshow we got to come out to a completely empty park. I think we all unintentionally walked slower on our way out to take in everything with no one else around.

I will also mention that there was pretty much no wait to get in and get our wristbands and the line wasn’t long. We stood for maybe 10 minutes and the line moved pretty quickly at 7. To compare, we just went to MVMCP last month for the 2nd time. I had seen pics of the lines to get in so we got there at 2:30 and managed to be the second group in line so we got in quickly once they started scanning us in at 3:50. When thinking about the crowd level, I really don’t see the need to get there as early as we did for MVMCP if we can attend another DAH event.

It does specifically mention "have Disney PhotoPass photographers capture your memories from the Disney After Hours throughout the park."

Yes, that means the photopass photographers are there. But that doesn’t mean the downloads are included in your ticket. Anyone can have a photo taken, but unless you have Memory Maker, you pay if you want the photo saved/ downloaded. Same at DAH. You can take as many pictures as you want. But unless it is specifically stated they’re included, you have to pay for them.

This is the info from Jollywood Nights. Downloads were specifically included.

IMG_6018.png

Last edited:
my brother and sister-in-law will be staying at an offsite hotel but want to join me for the After Hours at Epcot…what would be the best way for them to get a Lyft/Uber to return to their hotel afterwards? I’ll be staying at Coronado Springs. I’m thinking they might have better chance on getting an Uber if they go to a resort and try to catch one from there.

When they first released the after hour dates for our trip, I decided to skip them this year since the kids are still little and might not make it too long into the event. My sister just sent me the picture of Duffy at the event, so I rechecked the dates. My DD6 LOVES Duffy. We are dvc members so the cost is 4 * 145 for our family. Guess we are paying $600 to meet Duffy😳

DS9 is excited to stay up late and go on the rides. I’m thinking even if DD6 doesn’t last too late, DS9 and I can hang out late and do the rides while DD6 either falls asleep in a stroller or DH takes her back to the resort. (I will not tell DD about Duffy just in case he doesn’t make an appearance that night)
IMG_2059.jpegIMG_6330.jpeg

We are going to the first Epcot After Hours on 2/2 and I wish it wasn’t going to be a Friday night…

Anyone know why ToT is not listed as one of the rides open for DAH at DHS on the official website. I know Rock’n Rollercoaster is not bc it will be down for refurbishment. But I didn’t think ToT was going to be down

When they first released the after hour dates for our trip, I decided to skip them this year since the kids are still little and might not make it too long into the event. My sister just sent me the picture of Duffy at the event, so I rechecked the dates. My DD6 LOVES Duffy. We are dvc members so the cost is 4 * 145 for our family. Guess we are paying $600 to meet Duffy😳

DS9 is excited to stay up late and go on the rides. I’m thinking even if DD6 doesn’t last too late, DS9 and I can hang out late and do the rides while DD6 either falls asleep in a stroller or DH takes her back to the resort. (I will not tell DD about Duffy just in case he doesn’t make an appearance that night)
View attachment 825701View attachment 825702
Is he still meeting at HS? I thought it was just for Christmas.

Is he still meeting at HS? I thought it was just for Christmas.

I saw it on www.blogmickey.com that Duffy meets the whole event. Unlike at some locations where the characters swap out. Looks like he is wearing his normal sailor shirt.

I also saw Adam the Woo on YouTube attend the Jan. 11 party and he mentioned Duffy meeting.

Last edited:
We attended both of the events last week - Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom. Both were, for us, well worth the ticket price. Rise was a walk-on, and Tron was about 20 minutes once we were past the first hour. We loved that we got to see "Enchantment" fireworks in the middle of the MK event - a fun surprise and wonderful to watch with almost no crowds! There is just something magical about walking through nearly empty parks as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter