• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I searched "after hours" and then clicked on either Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom after hours. From that page, I then clicked "Select Tickets", where it showed the new information about the dates.

Yeah, I see that part - I don't recall ever seeing that function in the app before?

I never looked at DAH tix on the app until today when someone mentioned about MK going through May. I accidentally clicked AK first, which is how I know the verbiage changed to June an hour or so later. So I have no idea if it was an option prior to today.

So, because I keep stalking the app and the website, just wanted to mention...the app just changed to say Select Dates March to May 2019 but no new dates... the other parks still say December to April 2019 in the app...

The website though says through March 2019 now (not April like before) but still shows the April dates and no new dates.

So I'm guessing we will either see some May dates post in the next few hours/day...or when the site all posted right, if there are no new dates in a few hours/a day...then I guess no dates in May?

Thanks for this! Looks like there might be May / June days added over the next few days, fingers crossed :)

I nearly lost my lanyard twice on Space Mountain (was it you that actually lost yours? I remember having this conversation on this thread, ha). Wristbands sound like a much better idea!

I lost MY lanyard on SM when these events first started! It went flying off when we did a major “swoop”!! I had to fight my way back down Main Street to Guest Services to get a new one ...I lost about 30 minutes of party time - gah!!

I lost MY lanyard on SM when these events first started! It went flying off when we did a major “swoop”!! I had to fight my way back down Main Street to Guest Services to get a new one ...I lost about 30 minutes of party time - gah!!
Nooo! :(

It must have been your story I was thinking of!

I’m hoping for more dates in April as well ....had almost given up hope. Would be nice!

Hopefully the dates will be released soon! We have been waiting for May dates. When they did May dates a few years ago it says they were released on March 23.
Tomorrw is the closest Friday to that dates so fingers crossed! If they stay with Thursday for MK all I would need to do is change a dinner reservation and we are good to go!!

Reactions: GAN
On page 9, post #163, Tishlovesdisney announced that new dates had been added at 7:19 AM (Central time). So hopefully we'll see new dates added tomorrow morning! Keep in mind, at first we had to call in to book those new dates. They became available to book online sometime later.

EDIT: I'm talking about the last time new dates were added. I was wondering how it went before so maybe we would know what to expect tomorrow or whenever they add new dates (if they do).

Last edited:
On page 9, post #163, Tishlovesdisney announced that new dates had been added at 7:19 AM (Central time). So hopefully we'll see new dates added tomorrow morning! Keep in mind, at first we had to call in to book those new dates. They became available to book online sometime later.

page 9 post 163 of what?

Of this thread. I was looking back to see how it went the last time new dates were added and thought maybe someone else might also be wondering.

I’ve always half-way wondered if those didn’t really get added 11/14 (a Friday, a popular day for calendar changes) and none of us noticed - since that was a rather unexpected update. :confused3

But Disney, if you are going to add things, let’s make it Friday - I’m busy on Saturday. :-)

I’ve always half-way wondered if those didn’t really get added 11/14 (a Friday, a popular day for calendar changes) and none of us noticed - since that was a rather unexpected update. :confused3

But Disney, if you are going to add things, let’s make it Friday - I’m busy on Saturday. :-)

11/14/18 was a Wednesday, Tish posted on a Thursday.

Edit: But you could certainly be right that we simply missed when they released them that time.

We got here tonight at 6:10 & they were already letting people in.

That’s awesome.

I wonder what time it actually was tonight?

I’m going on 28th and very curious.

I really wish there was a separate thread where people who are wishing for future dates and surmising about future dates could post and all other MK event ticket posts could be on another thread.

Looking at MDE SDTM has been down for at least 20 min but other rides look ok for wait times less than I expected on a crowded spring break and sold out event

Last edited:
That’s awesome.

I wonder what time it actually was tonight?

I’m going on 28th and very curious.

I really wish there was a separate thread where people who are wishing for future dates and surmising about future dates could post and all other MK event ticket posts could be on another thread.

I'm sorry. For the most part, I do think this thread sticks to event reviews. We've just been waiting for new dates and hoping for any information possible. Glad to know we have at least one Dis member there tonight! Hope it goes well and BTMRR (and all the other popular rides, for that matter) is running at full capacity!

Legitimate question, what makes you mention this... thread clutter/picking through what’s most helpful to you? I only ask because I like to try to understand what’s the most useful organization for folks in case we ever want to set things up differently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter