• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

But would they have only have a few guests in each pre-show loading area at a time..?

Pre-shows are just another part of the wait in line to break up the monotony. If there's no one to fill the line - the pre-shows won't be running. It's like when DHS opens, the first few batches of guests to RnRC skip the pre-show and go straight through into the loading area.

If a line gets backed up, they might start using the pre-shows.

What are your opinions on the status of preshows during the DHS event? I have been to two MK After Hours events, but they don't really have any attractions with full pre-shows, so there's no precedent. If we want to ride Tower of Terror or Rock n Roller Coaster 5 times, will we be eating time in the pre-shows each time? It would make a big difference with the cost of even a few minutes. It would be nice if they just opened the rooms up so you could choose to watch them or not, but that wouldn't really work with them on a loop. But would they have only have a few guests in each pre-show loading area at a time..?

Think of the poor DAK attendees - that FoP pre-show takes like 15 minutes :sad2:
I think I posted this awhile back, but when we were at HS in October they let people walk right through the pre-show for RnRC. They kept it running, but our line just continued on through that room. They might do that with ToT, but I have no idea.

After reading the posts about bloggers and media taking over the Tony’s event in another thread...does anyone think that the first DAH at HS might be the same way? I am still debating whether to switch our EMM with this event since we’d get about the same amount of time out of it (DS is not a night owl) but we can probably only aim for the first night and I’m worried that it will be a sellout and crowded as a result. I’m really vascillating between the two...I heard that EMM at DHS is about 350 people and this is a few thousand. Having never attended the MK version, I’m not sure what to expect. It seems like there are fewer attractions to spread the crowd over and everyone will likely hoof it to TSL anyway...so do I want to share Slinky Dog with a few hundred or a few thousand of my closest friends?

At MK, do people save the big ones (PP, 7D) for the end of the night since regular guests will have access to the line until park close, possibly creating a situation where DAH guests can’t even get in line for the rides until an hour and a half later? Or do the rides see significantly lower wait times from the start?

We have done a few of the After Hour Events at MK.. and have never experienced an issue with Hangover guests as with our After Hours (Lanyard or Bracelet) we were sent down the Fast Pass line. I am going on the hope that this will be the same process at the Studios :). Booked for 12/8.. can't wait!

I'm still wavering on whether or not I should add this 12/8. I have ropedrop plans at Epcot 12/9 bc of the addition of Ralph and Vanellope, but an 11:30pm close isn't bad for me since I am a night owl and will be staying at YC. I would do it alone in a heartbeat, but I just know my family will also want to join and be too tired. Decisions, decisions.

I guess I have until 10:55pm on 12/7 to officially decide. If I can't book it for the AP rate I don't think I could mentally enjoy it as much lol

I'm still wavering on whether or not I should add this 12/8. I have ropedrop plans at Epcot 12/9 bc of the addition of Ralph and Vanellope, but an 11:30pm close isn't bad for me since I am a night owl and will be staying at YC. I would do it alone in a heartbeat, but I just know my family will also want to join and be too tired. Decisions, decisions.

I guess I have until 10:55pm on 12/7 to officially decide. If I can't book it for the AP rate I don't think I could mentally enjoy it as much lol

I ditched my family for a solo MK DAH night this past summer. No regrets. :-)

We are going 12/8 and I will gladly post a review for inquiring minds. We had EMM booked again this trip for both DHS and MK but the recent reviews of overcrowding at the DHS version pushed me over the edge for this event.

I figure, if the kidlet can eat his body weight in Mickey Bars and popcorn and we can make it to 10pm, I’ll put it in the win column. We don’t do the thrill rides, so fingers crossed the lines in TSL won’t be so bad that we can’t get on these rides at all, seeing as this is a direct swap for EMM and is all we are looking to do other than Star Tours.

Maybe just buy one ticket now for yourself and then day of if tickets still available you could give your family the chance to join in if they wanted too. That way you could definitely go and they wouldn’t feel obligated to join in.

Excited! My son and I just scheduled a short, last-minute trip for January. This will, hopefully, allow us to ride all of the TSL rides with less wait. I see the benefit of these events at DHS and AKL due to the tiered system in both of these parks. That system makes it hard to get fast passes for everything you want. When I saw this news, I took our 4 Day tickets down to 3 day. It worked out well that the open date was on our arrival day. We will get there and maybe head to Disney Springs for the afternoon before going to DHS. It ended up costing me about $50 to make the change. I realize it's less time in the park but hopefully the low crowds will make up for it. We shall see!!

Ugh, I can't believe I'm debating doing this on my solo trip in January. I had a blast at the MK DAH in March, and the TSL "preview" event for APs was also nice. What's another $95? Excited to hear reviews/reports as I have a few months to decide.

Ugh, I can't believe I'm debating doing this on my solo trip in January. I had a blast at the MK DAH in March, and the TSL "preview" event for APs was also nice. What's another $95? Excited to hear reviews/reports as I have a few months to decide.

Haha! Yeah, me too.

I keep thinking a lot about FoP. I can probably only tolerate 1 ride... it sort of starts to make me motion sick but then it fades. But I’m not sure I could do 2,3,4,5 whatever in the course of 3 hours. I’m jealous of the people that can tolerate it multiple times!

Haha! Yeah, me too.

I keep thinking a lot about FoP. I can probably only tolerate 1 ride... it sort of starts to make me motion sick but then it fades. But I’m not sure I could do 2,3,4,5 whatever in the course of 3 hours. I’m jealous of the people that can tolerate it multiple times!

I medicate! Have you tried Meclizine? I think you know it as Bonine in the US...it’s saved my bacon more than a few times now. Especially with the, “Again! Again!” feature of EMM /DAH formats ;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter