• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney’s Magic Band FAQ Link

Magic Band
Hard Ticket / Card
Magic Mobile

Are these mutually exclusive? Or can I use 2 or all 3? Can I link everything to my card AND use Magic Mobile?

Also, can 1 person have Magic Band, another use the card and another use Magic Mobile? Or do all members of your party have to use the same medium?
You can use any or all of the media, and so can other members of your party. They’re just different keys to the “chest” (MDE) that holds your park tickets, ADRs, Genie+LLs, resort reservation, credit card information, etc.

It seems the only magic bands on the store are the higher priced ones. I don't see for sale the solid color ones. Are those only at hotels and Springs?

It seems the only magic bands on the store are the higher priced ones. I don't see for sale the solid color ones. Are those only at hotels and Springs?
Apparently supply chain issues have hit the online stores/MDE hard. Stores onsite at WDW seem to have better stock, but not necessarily as much as in the beforetimes.

So our first day we plan to go to Disney Springs. Look around and pick out magic bands. Once we pick them out do we have to go back to the resort front desk to get them linked? Or can we do it ourselves in MDE? Or somewhere in Disney Springs to do this? TIA
This is what we were thinking about doing also. We will be flying in and going to DS for dinner our first evening and won't go to a park until the next day. Is there a better selection at DS or are we better off ordering ahead of our trip on MDE so that we can take advantage of the pre-arrival discount, even though there's such a limited selection on MDE?
I've been holding out hope that the new MB+ would debut by our trip in late May, but that seems highly unlikely at this point.

This is what we were thinking about doing also. We will be flying in and going to DS for dinner our first evening and won't go to a park until the next day. Is there a better selection at DS or are we better off ordering ahead of our trip on MDE so that we can take advantage of the pre-arrival discount, even though there's such a limited selection on MDE?
I've been holding out hope that the new MB+ would debut by our trip in late May, but that seems highly unlikely at this point.
Someone reported recently that Disney's Pin Traders at Disney Springs had a better selection than the gift shops in the Parks and Resorts.

I saw solid colored bands recently, but I don’t remember where. It was either Emporium at MK, or at the GF or Contemporary.

How do you buy a MB for someone else? I'm going to be using an old one for my trip, but wanted to buy one for my niece. I'm concerned if I order it through MDE I won't be able to transfer it, and when I looked at the Shop Disney website they only had 5 options.

How do you buy a MB for someone else? I'm going to be using an old one for my trip, but wanted to buy one for my niece. I'm concerned if I order it through MDE I won't be able to transfer it, and when I looked at the Shop Disney website they only had 5 options.
You either have to order it for her via her name in a resort reservation in MDE, which will link it to her automatically, or buy one via Shop Disney and link it to her by entering the number on the back of it into the Link a MB part of MDE. Unfortunately, the Shop Disney supply has been very low. There’s a much better supply available in the parks and at Disney Springs.

Rookie question (sorry!) ...

We are not staying at a Disney property. I understand that MBs are not a requirement.

But are there any advantages to getting Magic Bands? Does it make anything easier or better when we visit the parks??

Rookie question (sorry!) ...

We are not staying at a Disney property. I understand that MBs are not a requirement.

But are there any advantages to getting Magic Bands? Does it make anything easier or better when we visit the parks??
They are more convenient. Easy to quickly access. Otherwise you’re pulling out your phone or park pass if you use Genie+, ILL, or tapping into a park. If you’re only doing standby queues, then the only tapping you’d do is to get into the park.

I had someone back out of our trip. We had already linked the magic band to her account. Can disney transfer the unused magic band to another account because it has never been used? I hate to waste a magic band on someone who is never going to go.

I had someone back out of our trip. We had already linked the magic band to her account. Can disney transfer the unused magic band to another account because it has never been used? I hate to waste a magic band on someone who is never going to go.
I don’t know. Perhaps you can call Disney IT and ask. Phone number should be in the pinned phone number thread.

Does my friend need a magic band if I have her ticket on my disney phone ap?

MagicBands can't be reassigned once linked to an individual. Doesn't matter if they never been used.

Does my friend need a magic band if I have her ticket on my disney phone ap?
It's more convenient if she has either a MagicBand or Card (Cards are be issued at Resort Front Desk, Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location). To use her ticket on your phone, you would need to open your phones digital wallet (Apple Wallet or Google Pay depending on what smart phone) and swipe through and touch the reader for each individual ticket.

Last edited:
I ordered magic bands a month ago for a trip where we are arriving early next week, they haven’t come yet and I am still getting the message “thank you for selecting your magic bands, it make take one hour after purchase to show up in my Disney experience.” Also, There is a link in my Disney experience where it says “your order is being fulfilled” and when I click on review order status it is just blank with no order info. Additionally when I first did the purchase I saw the pending charge on my credit card and it subsequently dropped off a few weeks later. Is it safe to say I will not be getting these? I tried calling Disney numerous times and they were not able to help at all after many hours being transferred around and put on hold. Just wondering if anyone else has ever seen this. I figured they may just be fulfilled between now and Monday and maybe be at my resort for pickup but who knows at this point

I ordered magic bands a month ago for a trip where we are arriving early next week, they haven’t come yet and I am still getting the message “thank you for selecting your magic bands, it make take one hour after purchase to show up in my Disney experience.” Also, There is a link in my Disney experience where it says “your order is being fulfilled” and when I click on review order status it is just blank with no order info. Additionally when I first did the purchase I saw the pending charge on my credit card and it subsequently dropped off a few weeks later. Is it safe to say I will not be getting these? I tried calling Disney numerous times and they were not able to help at all after many hours being transferred around and put on hold. Just wondering if anyone else has ever seen this. I figured they may just be fulfilled between now and Monday and maybe be at my resort for pickup but who knows at this point

You should definitely call.

You should definitely call.

Thanks I did call and was transferred 4-5 times and on hold for 1.5 hours! Very frustrating, Just wondering in general if anyone had seen this before. No one on the phone was particularly helpful - one cast member suggested resetting my entire my Disney experience account. The trip is only a few days away at this point so figure I’ll just buy some when I get there .

What is the procedure to use and activate old magic bands for a new trip? Do they just work or do you have to activate them someway. I can't find a place to link it
Thanks
mikewdw

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter