DISmeet at the Fort 2024?

What dates in 2024 would work best for you?

• Week of January 15, 2024 (MLK Day Week)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Week of February 19, 2024 (Presidents Day Week)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of March 11, 2024

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Week of April 8, 2024 (Possible spring break conflicts)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of May 20, 2024 (Week before Memorial Day)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Week of September 2, 2024 (Labor Day Week)

• Week of October 7, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of November 4, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of December 2, 2024

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 2024 Probably won't work for me, let's wait till 2025

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Talked it over with DW more. Move our status from "boy, that looks fun" to "it's only a week of school the kids would miss"

I think we're in enough to risk deposit money when the time comes.

Jack,

You just need to let Joe and Jim have a few minutes of "quiet conversation" with DW.

In short time, she will be on board (no doubt). They can be both VERY charming and persuasive.

And yeah, you and yours need to be there (my two cents).

Ed

Jack,

You just need to let Joe and Jim have a few minutes of "quiet conversation" with DW.

In short time, she will be on board (no doubt). They can be both VERY charming and persuasive.

And yeah, you and yours need to be there (my two cents).

Ed
The convincing is going to be very light. I mentioned it in passing and she was busy and didn't process. She placated her RV planning bozo (me) and continued on.

Jim, Joe, and I are mulling over a Midwest Meet again and I mentioned those rough plans and 24 meet and she looked at the calendar and said
giphy.gif

I think major life event or work being a Debbie-downer on vacation are the only things in the way. I might need the Midwest boys to come down and work over some HR weenies at some point.

Last edited:

That's a step. At our house, I make the deposit and when DW notices, I reminder her it is fully refundable until right before. That buys me time to get to the "Let's GO!" step. :lmao:

j
Yes for sure, but I wasn't quite sure on group reservations if that changes quite permissive deposit policies or not. Either way, I got a green light to plan for it.

Anyone have a countdown ticker to when we can book? I know the 499 is gone, but some of the Fort archivists can probably come up with a good guestimate on when the window opens.

j
Interesting enough since I have booked on the 499 since it was "gone" so I have no idea what their system is doing anymore.

Yes for sure, but I wasn't quite sure on group reservations if that changes quite permissive deposit policies or not. Either way, I got a green light to plan for it.
Im prety sure you didnt need a planning green light, lol. And I am leaning more to going then not now. Why not? We may cut out some park days if the tickets get to be too much $$$.

1. When we have a firm date, COUNT US IN.
2. Even close enough (20-minutes away) to drive daily, we would like to rent a cabin. *
3. Being immediate neighbors of WDW, we have thoughts for months.
. . . July-August-September are way too hot for us for to do outdoors
. . . October "can be" good, but traditionally still too hot
. . . October also is prone to hurricane rains - not direct hits, but associated HEAVY rains
. . . November and December would be our preferred times
4. I think the 2-weeks prior to Christmas can be a good time frame.
. . . the ability to get space is easier than Christmas week or the week after
. . . for families with kiddies, they can holiday camp and be home for Christmas Day

* NOTE:
As for renting a cabin, we are not "campers".
Roughing it means the TV remote has dead batteries.
And, we would need a Prevost for luxury.

Keeping an eye on this thread, and an open mind. Had set my sights on a December 2024 stay, for the long-awaited Christmas-time visit with PaHunter. And can't envision two visits back-to-back November and December in the same year. Maybe delay the December visit another year or two? See how it plays out; have a few months yet to think about it.

Keeping an eye on this thread, and an open mind. Had set my sights on a December 2024 stay, for the long-awaited Christmas-time visit with PaHunter. And can't envision two visits back-to-back November and December in the same year. Maybe delay the December visit another year or two? See how it plays out; have a few months yet to think about it.
I will say go while you can, are able to and have people thier for you. While december may have been what you planned, just getting out and about may be in the wise words of someone else here " more gooder".

Jenn,

I like your thinking. A trip to the Fort each year. I think there is a DISer just south of you that you can convince to join us in Nov 2024. You can caravan down from PA/VA together.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter