DISmeet at the Fort 2024?

What dates in 2024 would work best for you?

• Week of January 15, 2024 (MLK Day Week)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Week of February 19, 2024 (Presidents Day Week)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of March 11, 2024

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Week of April 8, 2024 (Possible spring break conflicts)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of May 20, 2024 (Week before Memorial Day)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Week of September 2, 2024 (Labor Day Week)

• Week of October 7, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of November 4, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of December 2, 2024

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 2024 Probably won't work for me, let's wait till 2025

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
5/31/23 9:06 PM ET Update
Everyone that has posted their booking so far has been updated in the table in post 1

At some point later this year, we'll need someone in the full sites to be willing to gather reservation #'s and call Disney to get a "travel together" number. That will link the reservations and should get everyone in the same loop or at least close. I can take care of the premium folks.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to get booked!
we are in a premium site

Ok , so the wine is done fermenting. The readings on the hydrometer thing said so. Now we rack it off into another vessle. This is to get out sediment, add chemicals. One is for clearing the wine, the other stops any further frementation from taking place. If you dont do that the bottles go boom. Everything is washed, then rinsed, then sanitized with a non rinse sanitizer, then rinsed, sine I dont want anything extra in the wine that dosen't need to be. The wine then gets degassed, so all the bubbles come out and sits for another 2 weeks. Then I will add another chemical alowing it to be stored for over a year. 20230609_114035.jpg20230609_114043.jpg20230609_114047.jpg20230609_114248.jpg20230609_114544.jpg20230609_114554.jpg20230609_114737.jpg20230609_124206.jpg

This is the picture I have in my head of Spencer involved in the wine making process:

FOteH-MXIAs9W_4.jpg

Last edited:
Now he's just making me thirsty. Looking forward to trying it in a year and a half.

j

I didn’t realize how many chemicals were involved in wine…

I didn’t realize how many chemicals were involved in wine…
I know right. But I think they are natural chemicals, not that it makes it better. So yeast and stuff to start it out, then stuff to stop the yeast, then the clearing stuff and stabilizing stuff. Its all safe for consumption , but it is weird. One is made from fish, witch I am allergic to. But its in all wine and is such a small amount per gallon that it dosen't bother me. It may even change form when it reacts to something else. IDK......

Dont worry, after its bottled, I'll take pictures of it every month...... .sitting there. Waiting..... waiting......Lol.

Take a few bottles and attempt an additional dosage of sugar and yeast for a methode champenoise , @Sjm9911

I will keep my corkscrew at the ready - just in case 🍾 Maybe.

🍷To be savored for sure though.

Ed

Last edited:
Take a few bottles and attempt an additional dosage of sugar and yeast for a methode champenoise , @Sjm9911

I will keep my corkscrew at the ready - just in case 🍾 Maybe.

🍷To be savored for sure though.

Ed
Whatever you want ed. I will not be responsible for the outcome. I can wire up the cork, tie up the bottle. Make it even look fancy. But when you open it, i will be across the loop!

Thanks to TeamUBR for the texted reminder May 31st...at 5am on June 1st I booked a Premium for Nov 3-16. I may trim that back a little til then. Realized I've not taken time to keep up on DisBoards...still pulled in multiple directions and putting in way too much time at work for no extra pay. Looking forward to 'just chill' time - dang PaHunter was so much better at that than I am!

For those waiting for the wine update:
Racked it off to bulk age it a bit, probably only 2 weeks before bottling it. It helps to get out the rest of the sediment. So , here it will sit untill I have the time to bottle it. I haven't tasted it yet, that will be at the end of the summer, but it smells good. 20230622_091915.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter