Discussing DISboards Moderator Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebmasterCorey

corey@disneyinfo.com
Administrator
Any posts on or topics discussing and criticizing moderator actions will be removed, and infractions will be issued. If you have a problem with how the boards have been run, especially in the last six months, then email me directly at corey@disneyinfo.com.

Also, I was the one who deleted the thread from yesterday. It was littered with incorrect information, speculation, and discussing moderation.

Please direct all of your concerns and criticisms towards me.

Thank you,
Corey

I would think it would be more constructive to post what is incorrect and let people know.
When threads just vanish, it just leads to more speculation and jumping to incorrect opinions.
If despite the new information, the thread ignores the correct information, then deletion would make sense.

Unfortunately, posting what is incorrect would have started discussing/debating many topics that don't belong on TPAS and publicly questioning moderation. I've allowed many things to slide, and we’ve eased up on the bannings, but I will never allow our Moderators to feel attacked or have to defend their actions publicly.

You delete an active thread, then threaten anyone who posts a similar thread and you need an email to explain the lack of transparency?
I was very clear why the thread was deleted and was also reminding everyone about the guidelines, especially about our Moderators.

9. MODERATORS​
The DIS has a wonderful group of Moderators who have volunteered to assist our visitors and monitor the boards. Part of their responsibilities are ensuring that our guidelines are followed which may require that a thread is edited, deleted, closed or moved. If these decisions impact you, we ask that you respect them. Should you have any questions, please direct them to admin@wdwinfo.com. Any discussion about a Moderating decision that takes place on the boards could result in the post being removed without notice and an infraction.

I was very clear why the thread was deleted and was also reminding everyone about the guidelines, especially about our Moderators.

9. MODERATORS​
The DIS has a wonderful group of Moderators who have volunteered to assist our visitors and monitor the boards. Part of their responsibilities are ensuring that our guidelines are followed which may require that a thread is edited, deleted, closed or moved. If these decisions impact you, we ask that you respect them. Should you have any questions, please direct them to admin@wdwinfo.com. Any discussion about a Moderating decision that takes place on the boards could result in the post being removed without notice and an infraction.
The thread you deleted was a discussion by members of how they would feel more engaged, and visit/converse more often, if the TPAS board went back to being the larger discussion it used to be.

Rather than consider the opinions of the many people who weighed in, you chose to delete the thread and make it all about the moderator. (A moderator, who, by the way, seemed to take the comments as they were intended and had a positive reaction to them.)

“Transparency” means more than just throwing the rules back out in a comment. It means showing an understanding that the board is about everyone who visits, and that users’ opinions matter.

It was littered with incorrect information, speculation, and discussing moderation.

Please direct all of your concerns and criticisms towards me.

Thank you,
Corey

Hi Corey! In my opinion moving new threads to sub-forums or one of the 13 stickied threads at the top of this board limits enjoyable discourse. Appreciate you reading this!

The thread you deleted was a discussion by members of how they would feel more engaged, and visit/converse more often, if the TPAS board went back to being the larger discussion it used to be.

Rather than consider the opinions of the many people who weighed in, you chose to delete the thread and make it all about the moderator. (A moderator, who, by the way, seemed to take the comments as they were intended and had a positive reaction to them.)

“Transparency” means more than just throwing the rules back out in a comment. It means showing an understanding that the board is about everyone who visits, and that users’ opinions matter.
Maybe you need to reread the guidelines before you continue to openly question the moderation and my decision to delete the thread. You’ve amassed 23 warnings. If you have an issue, put it in an email like the guidelines say. I’ve spent much time recently filling a void on the Community Board by listening to the feedback I asked for. I’ll now shift my attention here, looking at the procedures with the help of the TPAS Moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter