• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Discovery Cove

MICOL

DIS Veteran
I saw an add in Family Fun Magazine and figured I would take a look at the web site and it looked great until I saw the price , $800 plus tax for a family of 4 AHHHHHHH. Thats what we paid for airfare.

There is some kind of
"basic tour" for less than l hour each. Go to the SW board for more info.

We decided to do it anyway. We are going to Olrando in Feb and starting off with a 4 day Disney cruise. We initially were going to do a dolphin swim in the Bahamas at one of the ports of call. Then all the shark biting started happening. We are taking my DD 9 and DN 11. When I asked them what the absolute biggest thing about this trip was.. the answer was swimming with dolphins and snorkeling (both of which they have never done). I never really considered Discovery Cove because of the $$$ but after doing some research and reading Kelly's write up in her book I went ahead and reserved. You have to consider that lunch, parking and snorkeling, swimming with dolphins and snorkel gear is included. Also, you have the bird thing. My kids are very into this kind of stuff. I know they'll be safe (no jaws) and the biggest thing in weighing out the $$$ is the 7 day addmission to Sea World that is included. We plan to spend 7 days in Orlando and will not do Disney this time. We are doing Universal instead and now of course Sea World with the "free" passes. Also, if you don't want to swim with the dolphins and just let the kids, then your addmission is only half the usual amount. Anyway, just thought I would add my 2 cents as my reaction was the same as yours at first, and now we are going!! Depends on your situation and the ages of your kids etc. You can get some ifo from the DC board but it is a very slow board. I'm not sure what basic tour the above poster was talling about....
Good Luck,
Jenn

The basic tour referred to is $89 for just entry to the park without the dolphin swim (i.e. all the amenities of the park, including lunch and the 7-day SW pass, but no dolphin encounter, which is the highlight for most people).

Oh - right... but I think it's higher than $89. We booked for
Feb and the park without the dolphins is $109. Maybe it varies seasonally.

Believe me... It's well worth the money... It's an experience that you will never forget. Even for a person like myself who is relatively difficult to please, I enjoyed Discovery Cove with a passion and I am definitely going back this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter