Discounts, where do I start?

shelly3girls

DIS Veteran
We do not normally go to Universal during our stays in Orlando. Our only experience is one night at PBH last May when we purchased a room off Hotwire (a week before the trip). Now we are planning a family trip for possibly June 2005 and would like to stay at Universal for 2 nights. We would be willing to stay at any of the hotels and budget is a major concern for the families traveling in our party. We will need 3 rooms. We are members of AAA and own and Entertainment book. What kind of discounts can we get? When should we book? When are discounts released? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It seems that the 2004 discounts came out sometime in November 2003, and are regularly updated.

You should also go here and ask Tinkerbarb for a Fan Club Card. Sometimes the Fan Club rates beat the Entertainment rate, and sometimes they don't.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=265772

You can check Fan club rates online using the promotional code "FAN."

For Entertainment rates, you must call the hotel, and this year, E-rates are higher on Fri and Sat nights, whereas FAN club rates (at least those I've checked) seem to stay static whether it's a weekend or weeknight.

The Fan Club card also gives you some discounts at the parks and restaurants, but then again, so does your AAA card.

Happy planning!

P.S. Also keep checking http://www.hotelkingdom.com. My rate with them this March beat the E-rate, APH rate, and FAN club rate. They often have sales.

My hotel kingdom rate aslo beat out all the other rates. it was during a great sale right before Thanksgiving- over 40%off rack rate. What was your rate-alexandnessa-mine is $151.20 dor standard at HRH 3/20-3/26

Our rate was $199 for PBH deluxe. We were happy with that since AP rates were I think $216 and Fan Club was more. I don't remember what the e-rates were. We both got an awesome deal. Can't wait for our trip!

Jodie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter