Disappearing items on Pirates

awoltoday

swabbie
We just got home from DL and I am very alarmed to report that items are disappearing from PoC! First, the parrot at the end of the ride (and the first thing you see when entering the building) was missing - although I think we noticed this was missing on a previous trip to DL. But, then we noticed that the hairy legged pirate was AWOL! He used to sit on one of the bridges and you would sail right under him. Gone. Only his frosty pint remains.

But, the real kicker for us was the cats. There were multiple cats on Friday. One drunken pirate, multiple cats. Then we returned to PoC on Saturday to find that the drunken pirate had consumed enough kung pao kitty to only have a single cat remaining.

So, my questions for you are: What else is missing? Are they on EBay yet? Have you seen a drunken, hairy legged pirate wandering the streets with a parrot in tow and spitting fur balls? How do we get a search warrant for Johnny Depp's house?

Hoping that there are still several drunken pigs in there and that jailed pirates aren't waving a bone at key ring floating in the air! I also hope there are enough props left to enjoy the ride before the refurb closure.

Ok, so its confirmed, Im not losing my mind! I was there on friday and I swore there were things missing. I asked those who were with me if they thought things were missing and they shrugged their shoulders and shook their heads like I was a crazy woman. :confused3 All because I wanted to know if anyone else missed the hairy leg pirate. Maybe its someone taking a piece of the park home with them. I read that on another thread you know. lol But where are all the missing POTC items? Things that make you go hmmmmmm?

Most likely removed for maintenance and/or repairs. The whole attraction goes down in March for renovation, so starting early means it opens sooner. :cool1:

awoltoday said:
Have you seen a drunken, hairy legged pirate wandering the streets with a parrot in tow and spitting fur balls?
This line cracked me up! :rotfl2: But, to answer your question, the pirate hanging his leg over the archway into the dungeon has been gone for quite some time now. My aunt and uncle were just up there last Thursday and said the parrot was gone at the beginning (and ending) of the ride, or where the POTC glittering logo is. Over a period of several months, we noticed the crabs disappearing and reappearing on the beach next to the skeleton with the sword pierced through his chest. Also, talk about playing with our minds, but we could have swore the lady cook chasing the ONE pirate around has been known to chase two pirates! One keeps disappearing and then reappearing on different trips down there. My sister and I plan to make a trip up there this Thursday and we'll see if we notice anything missing or not.

Spitting fur balls.... kung pao kitty... :lmao:

awoltoday said:
Have you seen a drunken, hairy legged pirate wandering the streets with a parrot in tow and spitting fur balls? How do we get a search warrant for Johnny Depp's house?

Don't bother with that search warrant! I'm pretty sure he was my last blind date :rotfl2: . I thought I'd seen him somewhere!!

When we were there in JAnuary we always look fo the pirate on the bridge with the dirty toes. He was missing then. Also the parrott appeared and re-appeard throught our visit over a 2 week time period. Also sometimes the map was glittering and sometimes it wasn't..

Stacerita said:
Ok, so its confirmed, Im not losing my mind! I was there on friday and I swore there were things missing. I asked those who were with me if they thought things were missing and they shrugged their shoulders and shook their heads like I was a crazy woman. :confused3 All because I wanted to know if anyone else missed the hairy leg pirate. Maybe its someone taking a piece of the park home with them. I read that on another thread you know. lol But where are all the missing POTC items? Things that make you go hmmmmmm?

I cannot vouch for your sanity. But, there are definitely things missing! I'm sure Sosai X is right about items being removed for maintenance and/or repairs, but I think they like messin' with our minds too!

RADOPT said:
Don't bother with that search warrant! I'm pretty sure he was my last blind date :rotfl2: . I thought I'd seen him somewhere!!

Yikes! He didn't have a parrot did he?

Missus Toad said:
As of yesterday, two pirates running away, two kitties, zero hairy leg guy.

The kitty came back!?! Maybe it just needed to use the litter box for a couple of days! Talk about constipation!

Keep those reports comin'!

Okay, last May we were there and the pirate on the swaying barrels was gone! I too thought I was losing my mind. But I've been to DL more times than I can count and that ride WAS different!

Of course I too had no one to confirm with as my kids are too young and my friend hadn't been in 10 years.

Parrot was there at the Flag as the boat turns to let you out (or as you walk into ride) on 02-06 I have a Pic but with Cell cam it's not that clear in the darkened area.
Kittens were 3 and loader then I remember.Leg swinger and brick missing from bridge.And main Pirate on Black Pearle looked refreshed as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter