Dis Unplugged London / Paris / Disneyland Paris ABD Info **UPDATE 11/1/10**

I agree with Tonya! Thanks for the heads up on the company.

Are there any tips or hind-sights you would share about renting an apartment?

Determine where in Paris you want to stay, and then find an apt. in that area. There were some really cute apartments that interested me, but they were further (walking distance) from where I wanted to spend most of our time. You're never far from a Metro station in Paris, but if you want to be within walking distance of the major sights - be sure to stay close to the Seine! If you're going in the summer, you will be glad your apt. has air conditioning! (Not all do.) Also - note which floor the apt. is on, because many older buildings won't have elevators.

Buy Rick Steves' Paris book and the Paris Museum Pass - even if you're only spending as much time in the city as the ABD trip allows. You'll have some free time, and the museum pass will allow you to visit museums that aren't part of the tour while probably saving you money.

Oh yeah - get Rick Steves' London book, too!

Although we would not manage the ABD tour and the London portion holds no interest for me I would love to hook up with the group at Disneyland Paris.

Will watch this development with interest.

Hi Kevin

Not read all the thread..buuuuuttttttt....how about a Dis meet (if you can squeeze it in) while in London, it would be great for all the UK Dis people...

If anyone else as suggested it....take this as a second...lol

Angie

Hi Kevin

Not read all the thread..buuuuuttttttt....how about a Dis meet (if you can squeeze it in) while in London, it would be great for all the UK Dis people...

If anyone else as suggested it....take this as a second...lol

Angie

I THIRD this Angie :D where bouts in the UK are you from?

On saying this, If I ever get the chance to meet you Pete and Kevin I wanna take you around the best parts of London, trust me Im not good with Knowledge but i'll try :D

I could probably help a little with this, I grew up at the edge of London. If you fly into Heathrow, you are 10 minutes from my house! And you fly over the school I went to.

I could probably help a little with this, I grew up at the edge of London. If you fly into Heathrow, you are 10 minutes from my house! And you fly over the school I went to.

Im not from London im in Norfolk But im happy to come along and Help :D

you can tell i've been offline for a while (and have fallen behind on the podcasts)....just saw this now....woo hoo!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

how exciting!!!!!!!

i had such a lovely time at the two dismeets last month and that was just for a few hours...i can't begin to imagine how much fun a trip would be!!!!

can't wait to hear the details!!

Hi

I am a Bury lass, up north as they say, Lancs...so north west...and yourself?

Angie

Im near Norwich Norfolk, lovely place... i would say I could Image all these guys coming down here on the norfolk broads :D

This sounds like a great trip. Perhaps rescheduling the repo cruise I booked is in order, and finding airfare and a roomate.

Awwww nuts ... I was hoping for another Backstage Magic Tour in 2011 :sad2:

I was already to sign up for that!

The London/Paris trip has no interest for me, not to mention its an even more expensive airfare and tour. Also the pound/euro is even worse conversion than into US$.

Fingers crossed for 2012 then :)

The London/Paris trip has no interest for me, not to mention its an even more expensive airfare and tour. Also the pound/euro is even worse conversion than into US$.

They did announce more Backstage Magic dates for 2011---go to last weeks show notes for the dates.

Paula,

We have announced three Backstage Magic adventures for 2011.

2/20/11 - 2/25/11

4/17/11 - 4/22/11

7/31/11 - 8/5/11

You can sign up for one of these tours here:

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/reservations/abd_input_pc.cfm

Anyone else watching the final stage of the Tour de France and dreaming?

Anyone else watching the final stage of the Tour de France and dreaming?

In 2007 we were at the Champs-Elysees during the finish of the Tour.

Paula,

We have announced three Backstage Magic adventures for 2011.

2/20/11 - 2/25/11

4/17/11 - 4/22/11

7/31/11 - 8/5/11

You can sign up for one of these tours here:

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/reservations/abd_input_pc.cfm

I'd like to do this tour some day, but it won't be in 2011. The only date I could possibly go is April (my birthday is 4/22) - but that's the week before Easter. I was at Disneyland in early May this year, and the crowds were crazy. I can't imagine trying to go there during a big holiday week. Hopefully you'll offer this again in 2012.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter