• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS Unplugged 10th Anniversary - Official Information Thread

Ok, we were able to move things around a bit on Sunday and we just signed up for the 'hunt" - my oldest is more than a little excited about it

Note: I registered for 4 people, I didn't officially register the baby (figure this way if another team of 4 wants to be paired up with us that would work) but if I need to register the baby too, please let me know

No need to register the baby!! Can't wait to meet you!!

I was thinking about going to this event, but isn't it un Godly hot in Orlando in July? I was there in April once and it was pretty hot! I like to visit in December, even some of those days can be pretty hot.... I guess I could always just go out in the AM and PM? Ok, PM, since Orlando is 3 hours ahead, and it's hard to get out of bed so early....

Last edited:
I was thinking about going to this event, but isn't it un Godly hot in Orlando in July? I was there in April once and it was pretty hot! I I like to visit in December, even some of those days and be pretty hot.... I guess I could always just go out in the AM and PM? Ok, PM, since Orlando is 3 hours ahead, and it's hard to get out of bed so early....

it likely will be very hot - and crowded with it being summer vacation for most schools ... but tis the date of the 10th anniversary so not much they can do

Our plan is definitely to go early, do breaks in afternoon for pool time and naps and then go out in the evening (main challenges will be for like the Festival of Fantasy parade, etc.)

Oh, and bring lots of water with you (we tend to put water bottles in the freezer the night before and bring them frozen with us to the parks)

My wife and went down for a July trip 17 years ago. We vowed we would never do that again and we live in South Carolina where it is almost as hot and humid. After almost 2 decades I guess we'll try it again for a special event like the anniversary show.

Maybe I will fly out just for the event.... It's on monday the 25th, right?
The event list (whatever's been set so far) is Page 1 of this post, and they said that is where everything will be kept updated, as it evolves.

Maybe I will fly out just for the event.... It's on monday the 25th, right?

unheard of amazing resort rates for this event also (link in first post on how to book to see them). not all events are listed yet as it's been mentioned there might something big on sunday night.

I haven't registered yet because we may need to cancel. We wound up booking a DCL cruise, and I may need the money we'd have spent on this trip to help pay for the cruise. Luckily, I just have the one night deposit tied up for now and keep hoping that some extra money will filter in so that we can do both! The power of positive thinking, right?

I haven't registered yet because we may need to cancel. We wound up booking a DCL cruise, and I may need the money we'd have spent on this trip to help pay for the cruise. Luckily, I just have the one night deposit tied up for now and keep hoping that some extra money will filter in so that we can do both! The power of positive thinking, right?
Good luck on the positive thinking (and funding), and have a :wizard: magical trip, whatever you end up doing!

Just booked our campsite at the fort...can't wait to arrive and meet up with everyone...new to the board and love watching the pod casts...see everyone in July...hope to attend many events during the weekend

Just booked our campsite at the fort...can't wait to arrive and meet up with everyone...new to the board and love watching the pod casts...see everyone in July...hope to attend many events during the weekend
:welcome:. Unfortunately I wont' be at the July event(s), but I hope you'll hang around this little corner of the boards awhile! :)

I agree, Disney Springs would be a lot more convenient. I'll be using Disney transportation to get around on this trip. I've always wanted to try out some of the bars and night clubs at Disney Springs but didn't really feel I could before with family and kids on vacation with me. This time I'll be solo, adult time ;)

So will I..I'm flying in on Thursday staying at POP.

Does anyone know what the event registration is all about? Do we need to go somewhere on Friday in order to attend the podcast taping?

It's almost time to make fast passes and there are alot of new things to experience at the parks.

Does anyone know what the event registration is all about? Do we need to go somewhere on Friday in order to attend the podcast taping?
The registration gets you credentials and a seat for the taping. The La Nouba theater holds about 1,670 people. I'm guessing the team may have a guest list of their own (family, friends, etc.) so maybe 1,500 seats for us regular folks.

And the taping is on Monday, not Friday.

The registration gets you credentials and a seat for the taping. The La Nouba theater holds about 1,670 people. I'm guessing the team may have a guest list of their own (family, friends, etc.) so maybe 1,500 seats for us regular folks.

And the taping is on Monday, not Friday.

Yeah I know the podcast is Monday.

The events schedule on the first post says that registration is on Friday. I just wanted to know if we had to go to registration and where/what time it is so I don't get a soarin fp for the same time if I have to register to attend the Monday podcast.

The registration gets you credentials and a seat for the taping.

I am not sure if this is accurate because it read to me and I listened to the podcast about registration again that it was not a guarantee that you would get into the taping. There was also a check box if you and which if any of your guests were attending the taping..

Can we get an official the dis input and clarification on the registration fee and how do you know if you have entry into the taping?

DIS Unplugged 10 Year Anniversary Event
07/22/2016 - 07/26/2016

Sign-up CLICK HERE
There will be a $25 charge and all proceeds will go to Give Kids the World.

EVENT LIST

Friday - July 22, 2016

Event Registration and Meet the Podcasters
Time: TBA
Details: TBA

Saturday - July 23, 2016

Silent Auction to Raise Money for Give Kids the World

Sunday - July 24, 2016

New England DISers - Mega Meet Hunt

Location: Starting Point = The Ticket and Transportation Center

Time: 10:00 AM -1:00 PM
Details: All proceeds go to Give Kids the World

$25.00 Per person or
$150.00 for a team of up to 8 people

We all know Disney is about the details. Grab a team or have us put you into one! Meet old friends and new as we “hunt” around the Monorail searching for clues, answering trivia questions, performing DAFs (daring acts of fun) and lots and lots of laughing! Think you know Disney? Think you know all the fun nooks and crannies of the three monorail resorts? Join us to see!! We will meet on July 24th at 10 AM at the TTC. Show your pride with team colors, shirts, hats or just plain ‘ole enthusiasm! Can’t wait to see you!

Contact nedismeet@gmail.com for any questions or
FB page: https://www.facebook.com/NEDISMeet/
Registration page: http://megameethunt.eventzilla.net/

Monday - July 25, 2016

DISUnplugged Live Show
Time: 1:00 PM

Hotel Booking Info

As part of the DIS 10th Anniversary Event the DIS and Dreams Unlimited Travel will be contracting with Disney Groups for room blocks for those interested in staying at a Disney Resort during the event.

You DO NOT have to book one of these rooms or even be staying at Walt Disney World to attend any of the events. Also, booking one of the rooms in our room block DOES NOT guarantee you a spot at any official events hosted by the DIS Unplugged Team.

As we finalize event details those will be posted in a separate thread along with instruction in how to sign up for the events.

On the Tuesday 3/15/16 DIS Unplugged Podcast we will be announcing details on when and how to book the Walt Disney World resort rooms we are contracting with Disney Groups. Later that day we will post a link here, on this thread, with more information on how to get pricing and book those rooms. These rooms and special pricing CANNOT be booked through a Dreams Unlimited Travel Agent so please do not ask them - again, details will follow that will explain the process.

The Walt Disney World resorts where we have room blocks held are:

Disney's Pop Century
Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Disney's Boardwalk Inn
Disney's Beach Club
Disney's Contemporary

When you book one of these resorts you will be eligible for the usual Disney Resort guests perks like My Disney Experience, FastPass+, MagicBands, etc.

Both tickets and a dining plan can be added to the room reservation. Again, the form will explain how all that works including deposit amounts and payments.

I know you will probably have additional questions. Please wait until the announcement and link to the quote form before asking as I think most questions will be answered at that time.

UPDATE 03/15/2016

Here is the link for more information on pricing and how to book the group rooms we secured for this event - http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/reservations/MegaMeet_Start.cfm

I just want to note that the deposit will be one nights room stay (plus tax) PLUS the full amount for tickets and dining. Note that tickets and dining can be added up to 10 days prior to check-in for the same price so to reduce your out of pocket cost you might consider just booking and holding the room now and adding tickets and/or dining later. Any balance owing will be due at resort check-in.

UPDATE 04/27/2016

We will be using this thread to list events during the weekend. As more get added I will update this first post on this thread. If you would like your event listed you can send me an email - John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com - please include day, time and location of event as well as who is the contact or person running the event including info on how people can reach you to sign up. Please note that I cannot offer advise or get you a venue for your event. You will be expected to do that on your own.

The link to sign-up for the weekend will be posted here at noon on 4/27/2016.

There will be a $25 charge and all proceeds will go to Give Kids the World.

Monday - July 25, 2016
DISUnplugged Live Show - Cirque du Soleil - Disney Springs
John,

Will there be a location to pick up our event registration on Friday? Our Fast Pass deadline is approaching and I know a lot of us would love to have some more event details so we can plan our Fast Passes around the Dis events.

John,

Will there be a location to pick up our event registration on Friday? Our Fast Pass deadline is approaching and I know a lot of us would love to have some more event details so we can plan our Fast Passes around the Dis events.

Not sure if John will respond, since Kevin and he are on vacation. Hopefully, someone else in the know will respond.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter