DIS Unplugged 10th Anniversary - Official Information Thread

Wow, lots of July Birthdays!! We will be celebrating a belated birthday for my DS. He will be 17 on 7/8. :bday: Even though this trip is more of a present to myself, I love that he still loves to go to WDW. :love:

I can't tell you how much I can't wait for July, this trip, and this anniversary. I couldn't wait to get back to Orlando/Disney before, and now more than ever I'm looking so forward to getting there ASAP! The Podcast Taping, and meeting/hanging with everyone is gonna be a blast. A much needed happy week :). #JulyGetHereFaster! Has everyone started their countdowns??

33 days!

We have another July birthday in our group. We normally go sooner in July, as we have been for my husband's birthday on July 17 the last two years. Lucky him, he got to eat at BOG for those birthday dinners! This year we decided to push the trip back a bit so we can also be in Disney for the DIS 10th.

Man I wish I would have bought a ticket and just wrote it off as a donation as it seems I may be able to swing a trip after all. UGH well if I am in the area maybe I'll get to do some of the unofficial stuff.

Man I wish I would have bought a ticket and just wrote it off as a donation as it seems I may be able to swing a trip after all. UGH well if I am in the area maybe I'll get to do some of the unofficial stuff.
If you'll be there on Sunday, you could do the NE DIS meet scavenger hunt. Info is on page 1 of this thread.

Oh darn just realized that is Mike Piazza weekend so will be at ball games all weekend here celebrating with the Brooklyn Cyclones.

FYI, the Dreams Unlimited site says Thursday June 21st. It's actually Tuesday June 21st, today, so, Today is the last day to get the group rate.

Example normal rate at the Contemporary for 7/22-7/26 (garden wing / garden view) was quoted to me today as
$1605.60/$356.80 a night. With AP discount it is $1505.24/$334.50 night. The DIS Deal is $242.55 a night. Not bad, eh?

I just hope to get time of party or event, I don't need details but want to book res and Fp. Booked Beach 7/21 to 7/26, girls only!

I just hope to get time of party or event, I don't need details but want to book res and Fp. Booked Beach 7/21 to 7/26, girls only!

While all the side events haven't been announced yet, the main event has (see first post):

Monday - July 25, 2016

DISUnplugged Live Show
Time: 1:00 PM

I thought we had through today to book a room? I decided to see if a specific room might be available and found a closed message.. it's still 6/21 :(

I thought we had through today to book a room? I decided to see if a specific room might be available and found a closed message.. it's still 6/21 :(

Bookings closed at end of business on 6/21. Based on the time stamp on your post it looks like you were doing this at 11:17PM eastern time. The groups department at Disney was closed long before that.

Bookings closed at end of business on 6/21. Based on the time stamp on your post it looks like you were doing this at 11:17PM eastern time. The groups department at Disney was closed long before that.

Ah, I didn't realize it wasn't a normal when the phone lines close time.. To be honest, I doubt there was the specific room I was hoping might be a great cost to give my daughter a little staycation in a room she's always wanted to stay in so this works out best for me. Also gives me more budget to throw at GKTW

I called the Disney group reservations number and was told I could book through today (June 22nd). The Dreams page said Thursday, June 21st, was the last day and my emails went unanswered, so I relied on Disney's response.

Just letting everyone know we still have lots of room for teams and singles for the scavenger hunt on Sunday the 24th

Time: 10:00 AM -1:00 PM
Location: Starting Point = The Ticket and Transportation Center
Details: All proceeds go to Give Kids the World
$25.00 Per person or
$150.00 for a team of up to 8 people

We all know Disney is about the details. Grab a team or have us put you into one! Meet old friends and new as we “hunt” around the Monorail searching for clues, answering trivia questions, performing DAFs (daring acts of fun) and lots and lots of laughing! Think you know Disney? Think you know all the fun nooks and crannies of the three monorail resorts? Join us to see!! We will meet on July 24th at 10 AM at the TTC. Show your pride with team colors, shirts, hats or just plain ‘ole enthusiasm! Can’t wait to see you!

Contact nedismeet@gmail.com for any questions or
FB page: https://www.facebook.com/NEDISMeet/
Registration page: http://megameethunt.eventzilla.net/

I called the Disney group reservations number and was told I could book through today (June 22nd). The Dreams page said Thursday, June 21st, was the last day and my emails went unanswered, so I relied on Disney's response.

Based on the contract we have with Disney Groups we were supposed to stop selling by end of business on 6/21/2017.

What emails have gone unanswered?

Based on the contract we have with Disney Groups we were supposed to stop selling by end of business on 6/21/2017.

What emails have gone unanswered?

I sent messages to john@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com on June 2nd and June 19th, but didn't receive a response to either message. Do I have the wrong email address? I didn't get a bounceback for either one. The cast member I spoke to at Disney's group reservations told me the contract ended June 22nd. I was confused about the end date, because the quotes page said the last day was Thursday, June 21st, and I didn't know if the incorrect information was the day or the date.

I sent messages to john@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com on June 2nd and June 19th, but didn't receive a response to either message. Do I have the wrong email address? I didn't get a bounceback for either one. The cast member I spoke to at Disney's group reservations told me the contract ended June 22nd. I was confused about the end date, because the quotes page said the last day was Thursday, June 21st, and I didn't know if the incorrect information was the day or the date.

That's the correct email address.

I just went back through all of my emails to June 1st and I don't have any that I have not replied to. If you send me yours again I will do my best to reply.

Again - the contract I have states last day to book rooms is 06/21/2016.

As far as I know no more rooms can be booked under our group space. We have had it open for months and been announcing when it will close for a long time - I would hope that everyone who wanted a room would have done so by now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter