Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

Nice organizing. So tell me, do you take off your shoes when entering your house?

Fran wants to do similar things with cat shelves and pathways around our house, but we need to get our pictures hung first.

I love that the cat chooses the free cardboard box over a fancy cat tree.

Hi Bret, see there is another Sacanime, sp? coming up

Hi Jo. Sac Anime will be happening next weekend at the Sacramento Convention Center. I will be there next weekend as a vendor. Always looking forward to working Sac Anime. It wasn't too long ago during the Labor Day Weekend Sac Anime and now it is the winter Sac Anime.

Nice to see your kitties are getting along better and I'm sure they'll like their new play shelves.

Good morning, how are you?

We're heading out this afternoon to see Dirty Dancing at the Community Center.

Angela - Is that the movie or the musical? The musical is coming back to Melbourne in March and one of the Dis-sers from NZ wants to come to town to see it. I might go see it with her. How did you enjoy it?

Nice organizing. So tell me, do you take off your shoes when entering your house?

Fran wants to do similar things with cat shelves and pathways around our house, but we need to get our pictures hung first.

I love that the cat chooses the free cardboard box over a fancy cat tree.

Alison - It's an Asian thing. We do take our shoes off when entering our house. But we have all traipsed in to our bedrooms with shoes on as well. I think our general habit is for the commonly worn shoes - runners, everyday work/school shoes and the garden crocs - we take off when entering the house. If we are wearing good shoes or shoes that are stored in the wardrobes, we wear them through to the bedrooms to take them off and store them.

There is a company called The Vertical Cat in the US. I love their stuff. Sadly for me, they don't ship to Australia. :(

Good afternoon Fogies.

It is quite cold this afternoon in the mid 50's. Just watching the last week of the NFL season until the playoffs next week.

Hope you feel better Jo.

Have a fun time at the Community Center Angela.

Just like you PiO, I mostly take off my shoes when I go inside my house.

PIO is it true? You guys still have Woolworth stores over there?

Ty Bret, yes feeling so much better now one more issue to get through.

We don't take our shoes off, but our business doesn't matter we clean the carpet all the time….

Alison - It's an Asian thing. We do take our shoes off when entering our house. But we have all traipsed in to our bedrooms with shoes on as well. I think our general habit is for the commonly worn shoes - runners, everyday work/school shoes and the garden crocs - we take off when entering the house. If we are wearing good shoes or shoes that are stored in the wardrobes, we wear them through to the bedrooms to take them off and store them.

There is a company called The Vertical Cat in the US. I love their stuff. Sadly for me, they don't ship to Australia. :(

I sort of figured that. Somewhere in school, maybe Social Studies, we learned that no one in Asian Countries wears shoes inside their houses and they always leave them at the front door. They also all wear those bamboo sandals. After a few social mishaps at the houses of my Asian friends as a kid (assuming they followed Asian customs and removing my shoes at their house), I learned that not all Asians run through their houses barefoot. I didn't want to make any assumptions. Besides in my house, you don't want to walk around barefoot, you never know what the cats will turn up! :rotfl2:

I sort of figured that. Somewhere in school, maybe Social Studies, we learned that no one in Asian Countries wears shoes inside their houses and they always leave them at the front door. They also all wear those bamboo sandals. After a few social mishaps at the houses of my Asian friends as a kid (assuming they followed Asian customs and removing my shoes at their house), I learned that not all Asians run through their houses barefoot. I didn't want to make any assumptions. Besides in my house, you don't want to walk around barefoot, you never know what the cats will turn up! :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: I remember learning the same thing in school.

Cats they love to pounce on heads to.

Very cute kitties njmom47! What part of the state do you live in? Are you North, South or Central?
I'm glad you translated this PIO! A "jock" over here is a much more personal item than underwear! :lmao:

Thank you. We like them. :rotfl2:
I was actually born and raised in the Monmouth/Ocean county area which is South Central/North Southern NJ. :confused3 Now, I live 6 miles from the beach. (It's the beach if you grew up near it; it's the Shore if you didn't..:cool1:).
The bolded part made me:rotfl:. So true!!
PrincessInOz...I used to have a pen pal from Australia years ago...you know, when we used pen and paper and a stamp to contact people! :banana:

I am starting to feel a little better. Let us know how you like it.

Angela - Is that the movie or the musical? The musical is coming back to Melbourne in March and one of the Dis-sers from NZ wants to come to town to see it. I might go see it with her. How did you enjoy it?

We both liked the musical Dirty Dancing and felt it was worth seeing. Musicians and singers were great to the point of being better then the lead actor/actress. I felt the actor for Johnny Castle didn't get into his character until the end of the show. Definitely not Patrick Swayze. Maybe I've just seen the movie too many times. My Dad and sister go later this week I'll see what they think afterwards.

Thank you. We like them. :rotfl2:
I was actually born and raised in the Monmouth/Ocean county area which is South Central/North Southern NJ. :confused3 Now, I live 6 miles from the beach. (It's the beach if you grew up near it; it's the Shore if you didn't..:cool1:).

Thanks for giving me perspective! I know folks who live in Jersey, but have never been there. That makes sense the people I know live in North Jersey and have a Shore House, so I understand.

I live in Long Beach and we don't think much of going to the Beach since it's always there. I guess there are people who go and hang out on the sand, but I'm more than happy just to look at it since I can drive by any time I want and don't have to get my feet dirty.

I can totally understand.

(And we don't run barefoot. DH and I have indoor slippers. ;))

PrincessInOz...I used to have a pen pal from Australia years ago...you know, when we used pen and paper and a stamp to contact people! :banana:

That totally makes you an Old Fogie. :rotfl:

My pen pal was in England. We were lucky to exchange 4 letters in a year!

We both liked the musical Dirty Dancing and felt it was worth seeing. Musicians and singers were great to the point of being better then the lead actor/actress. I felt the actor for Johnny Castle didn't get into his character until the end of the show. Definitely not Patrick Swayze. Maybe I've just seen the movie too many times. My Dad and sister go later this week I'll see what they think afterwards.

Thanks for the feedback. Shame the actor didn't match up to the Swayze.

Catification Project using the Ikea Hack methodOur reward?

The little one was sleeping through all our catification in a (free) cardboard box! That's catitude for you.

We are making progress with the two kitties in the house. The white cat will eat side by side with the new interloper now.
Wow! I wish we had room in our back hall to do this. It's wide, but not wide enough. Great ideas and I know the kitties will love it!

You can't beat a free box as far as a cat's concerned. Scotty and Sulu think we have new boxes delivered to them on a regular basis. I don't have the heart to tell them that the contents of the boxes are more important than the boxes themselves. :lmao:

Give a kitty a box and they are happy. Once I made a two story for cats and put holes in and had a ball watching them chase a ball as we kept throwing it into the different holes. At least boxes are free. :rotfl2:
Sounds cool! I may try this with my brats.

Hi Jo. Sac Anime will be happening next weekend at the Sacramento Convention Center. I will be there next weekend as a vendor. Always looking forward to working Sac Anime. It wasn't too long ago during the Labor Day Weekend Sac Anime and now it is the winter Sac Anime.
Enjoy! If I didn't live on the other coast, I'd stop by. May your footwear be comfy and your customers be many!

I'm not of Asian descent, but my Mom always had us remove our shoes before venturing too far into the house to help her keep the floors clean. I still do, but DH didn't grow up with that tradition. I wish he would! Between DH and the cats, sometimes I'm a sweeping fiend.:headache:

...PrincessInOz...I used to have a pen pal from Australia years ago...you know, when we used pen and paper and a stamp to contact people! :banana:
I had several pen pals growing up in Alaska, Germany and Ireland. I vaguely remember writing some others as part of social studies class, but sometimes they didn't write back. I guess I wrote boring letters! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter