Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

In case anyone was interested I see the shore excursion "The Secrets of Doge's Palace", which I believe was showing sold out, is showing availability.

No activity on this thread?! I still would like to know when we will be forced off the ship on the 31st....

Out of your stateroom by 8am and off the ship by 10am.

There is a boatload of folks looking to use our ship.:rolleyes1

Ha! Boatload.... yeah... You would think for the money we are paying we would be able to leave the ship later, but I guess it will be earlier, So, 8am is 11pm SoCal time, and 10am is 1am.... I guess I will be use to the time change by then.... But thanks for the heads up.... I guess a flight out of CDG no earlier than 1pm will be in order....

I am going to Paris Disneyland for a couple of nights before I go to Rome... I am wondering if anyone else is going to do the same? Now to figure out which hotel to stay in... Would love a suite with a view into DLP... Wonder how much per night that would be?!

Also, I found that if I take a flight from VCE to FCO, I can save allot of money on a flight back! It just has to be the next day :( ... But even with 1 night of hotel stay back in Rome before going home... and actually being in Rome on Easter does not seem to bad, eh?

I am going to Paris Disneyland for a couple of nights before I go to Rome... I am wondering if anyone else is going to do the same? Now to figure out which hotel to stay in... Would love a suite with a view into DLP... Wonder how much per night that would be?!

Also, I found that if I take a flight from VCE to FCO, I can save allot of money on a flight back! It just has to be the next day :( ... But even with 1 night of hotel stay back in Rome before going home... and actually being in Rome on Easter does not seem to bad, eh?

Sounds like a great plan to me! I have DLP envy for sure!

Ha! Boatload.... yeah... You would think for the money we are paying we would be able to leave the ship later, but I guess it will be earlier, So, 8am is 11pm SoCal time, and 10am is 1am.... I guess I will be use to the time change by then.... But thanks for the heads up.... I guess a flight out of CDG no earlier than 1pm will be in order....

Would you be okay with the travelers BEFORE us leaving the ship later, and your room not being available until later? I’ll bet they are also paying a lot. The crew has to do a LOT of housekeeping in a short window to get the entire ship ready for a whole new group of guests who start boarding around 1:00 pm

Would you be okay with the travelers BEFORE us leaving the ship later, and your room not being available until later? I’ll bet they are also paying a lot. The crew has to do a LOT of housekeeping in a short window to get the entire ship ready for a whole new group of guests who start boarding around 1:00 pm

I look at it this way... Why must they have back to back cruises? First cruise I went on, was with you guys, PODCAST 6.0 cruise, and I was shocked to find out we had to be off the ship so early so more people could come onto the ship.... It seems like theses cruises are just for that one point in time, a big event, not an every day thing... But I know, they are trying to make as much money as possible.... Where does the ship go when it leaves venice? Back to Rome? Just a reverse of the trip we will take?

Last edited:
Anyone know if there is a free shuttle from FCO to the hotel Bernini?

No there isn’t

Many of us have contracted with private car companies for the transfer from the airport into the city and then from the city over to the port

I look at it this way... Why must they have back to back cruises? First cruise I went on, was with you guys, PODCAST 6.0 cruise, and I was shocked to find out we had to be off the ship so early so more people could come onto the ship.... It seems like theses cruises are just for that one point in time, a big event, not an every day thing... But I know, they are trying to make as much money as possible.... Where does the ship go when it leaves venice? Back to Rome? Just a reverse of the trip we will take?

This is the way the entire cruise industry works.

You pay for a week. You get a week.

Want to stay on the ship? Pay for another week.

I was able book Trish on the last seat on the shore excursion to Pompeii. So Trish was doubly lucky to get the last seat and her mother can't go with her!:) Is anyone else going? I'm sure she'll be fine. She's 18 but if anyone sees a girl with long curly brown hair being loaded into a trunk let someone at Viking know.

Also, if anyone notices that there is an opening on that excursion let me know. The only for me to see it on My Viking Journey is to cancel my included tour and with my luck I'll cancel it and someone else will book it. I do know they will add seats on the included tour if it fills.

I was able book Trish on the last seat on the shore excursion to Pompeii. So Trish was doubly lucky to get the last seat and her mother can't go with her!:) Is anyone else going? I'm sure she'll be fine. She's 18 but if anyone sees a girl with long curly brown hair being loaded into a trunk let someone at Viking know.

Also, if anyone notices that there is an opening on that excursion let me know. The only for me to see it on My Viking Journey is to cancel my included tour and with my luck I'll cancel it and someone else will book it. I do know they will add seats on the included tour if it fills.

Which time slot is the excursion she’s on ??

BTW, I’ve noticed that a third time has been added for the Pompeii excursion.

None of the three times are listed as “Sold Out” ...

It might be worth it to investigate this further

Which time slot is the excursion she’s on ??

BTW, I’ve noticed that a third time has been added for the Pompeii excursion.

None of the three times are listed as “Sold Out” ...

It might be worth it to investigate this further

I did it! I had to back out of the Included tour and then I could add it to my cart so I am in! We are on the 12:45 tour.

You know you just ruined Trish's day right?:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter