DIS Dads: Just booked our Kidani Savannah View! Any pearls of wisdom?

Fantastic resort choice. I cannot wait to stay there, but I have spent some time over there the past couple of years. My tips:

1. Sanaa is one of the best run and most adventurous kitchens on WDW property. I know "adventurous" is in short supply at WDW, but they really do a nice job. And it's right there. Also, the bathrooms outside Sanaa are the best bathrooms on WDW property.

2. Every day at 4pm, they run a culinary tour over at Jambo House. You get to try a soup and a dessert at Boma, and then try the African Sampler appetizer over at Jiko.

I guess you can tell where I've been spending my time at the resort... restaurants.

3. If your kids like beating on drums, and I am pretty sure that most do, there is a drumming circle in one of the rooms off the lobby at least some evenings. It might be a fun activity. Especially if you have earplugs :lmao:

Just wanted to say that my family and I really enjoyed staying at Kadani last August. Loved the room decor and we spent a lot of time out on the balcany. We saw so many animals all day long. The pool is great. We watched a movie from the water and it was actually one of the most enjoyable two hours we have spent at any pool.

The only downside to me was that long walk two or three times a day. We were in the second to last building on the right. I made the mistake of getting one of the mugs. So I just had to make the walk to get my coffee. :cool1:
If we had been a couple of buildings closer to the lobby it would have been perfect. But we are definitely staying there again as its now my wife's second favorite resort. The first would be the French Quarter. That's where the wife and I stay when we go without the kids.

:woohoo: :cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :cool1: :banana: :woohoo:

We've never stayed at AKL before. I've been brousing the DVC boards and the web and found some good advice, but there's no group I trust more!

Any pearls of wisdom from the group? We're going next February (17-25th), 2012.

Jiko is an excellent signature restaurant.
The Kidani pool has the splash park and better water slide, but smaller pool area. If you want to have more room to swim, Jambo pool is larger.

Sorry that this update is sooo late.

Were there in August and at a PP's suggestion we requested Sunset Savanna view. One word - Awesome!!!

Have nothing negative to say about the entire experience staying at AKV.

Here are the pictures of the 2bdrm lockoff at AKV room 7616/7618 Sunset Savannah View

The pictures at the bottom are of the Poly Tahiti.
I will put up some views off the balcony in a bit.

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

Thought I had uploaded more pictures onto photobucket than that will have to take care of it when I get home

IMG_0106.jpg

A couple of shots of room 1016 at the Poly Tahiti Bldg

IMG_0066-Copy.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

We stay at KV on our last trip (July 2011). We loved it. This was our first DVC trip and we have been spoiled.
We stay in a 1 bedroom savannah view (76??). Some of the thing we liked were;
Two bathrooms, I can't say enough about how good it is to have our own bathroom. Not only was have our own bathroom nice but, relaxing in the jacuzzi tub after a day in the parks was the bomb.
The balconi, after relaxing in the jacuzzi, to sit on the balconi and watch the animals while enjoying a "wobblely pop", was great.
The pool, we spent quite a bit of time at the pool. Our daughter is not a very strong swimmer and really enjoyed the "beach" as she called it, referring to the zero entry area. Our son, being the adventurous type, practically lived on the slide. I went down it a few times, too.
Simba's cub house, basically a child care center. We wanted to have a mommy/daddy dinner so we dropped the kids off there for a couple of hours. The kids loved it and asked to go back everyday for the rest of the trip. Simba's cub house is not at KV it is at JH.
These are just a few of the things we like about KV.

We stay at KV on our last trip (July 2011). We loved it. This was our first DVC trip and we have been spoiled.
We stay in a 1 bedroom savannah view (76??). Some of the thing we liked were;
Two bathrooms, I can't say enough about how good it is to have our own bathroom. Not only was have our own bathroom nice but, relaxing in the jacuzzi tub after a day in the parks was the bomb.
The balconi, after relaxing in the jacuzzi, to sit on the balconi and watch the animals while enjoying a "wobblely pop", was great.
The pool, we spent quite a bit of time at the pool. Our daughter is not a very strong swimmer and really enjoyed the "beach" as she called it, referring to the zero entry area. Our son, being the adventurous type, practically lived on the slide. I went down it a few times, too.
Simba's cub house, basically a child care center. We wanted to have a mommy/daddy dinner so we dropped the kids off there for a couple of hours. The kids loved it and asked to go back everyday for the rest of the trip. Simba's cub house is not at KV it is at JH.
These are just a few of the things we like about KV.

Greg, we were there after Turkey Day and I agree, the place is awesome :thumbsup2. I am looking hard at becoming a DVC member because of that trip.

Greg, we were there after Turkey Day and I agree, the place is awesome :thumbsup2. I am looking hard at becoming a DVC member because of that trip.

Do it, David! The prices for points keep going up...

After our stay there, the little wifey has mentioned adding on a small AKV contract. That's how impressed she was with the place.

We LOVE AKV, especially Kidani. We bought unseen (sort of) on the EB Panama Canal cruise in 2008. We have only stayed once at Kidani, but have walked the lobby a few times.

Yes, there is a shuttle. But be aware it stops running at 9 or 10 pm. I guess it turns into a pumpkin or something.

My family and I are staying at the KV with a 2-br villa savanna view Aug. 1 - Aug. 9...any other suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter