Dis Dad's Geek Thread

There was some on FB page and in the Dads thread.

Being a life long Star Wars Geek I've done some serious thinking about it. At first I was like "What the hell is Lucas thinking?" After doing some reading and thinking it makes sense for both parties. Lucas had most of his older fan base turn on him for the prequels. He said he wouldn't do any more films. By selling, Disney is able to make the third trilogy and get the live action series off the ground. Two things Lucas wasn't going to do. Lucas also knows Lucasfilm and ILM are in good hands. When Jim Henson passed away his Muppets were in legal limbo for years. On Disney's side they just gained access to a demographic they were not reaching, boys age 6 to 16. DS is 4 and he's going from "Cars" to Star Wars. With Star Wars and Marvel Disney has a lock on the young boy and girl markets. Disney also has made some good films with their Marvel and Pixar titles so they should be able to make a solid Star Wars trilogy. I'll let you know on that last part at the end of May 2015.

Twin Dad said:
There was some on FB page and in the Dads thread.

Being a life long Star Wars Geek I've done some serious thinking about it. At first I was like "What the hell is Lucas thinking?" After doing some reading and thinking it makes sense for both parties. Lucas had most of his older fan base turn on him for the prequels. He said he wouldn't do any more films. By selling, Disney is able to make the third trilogy and get the live action series off the ground. Two things Lucas wasn't going to do. Lucas also knows Lucasfilm and ILM are in good hands. When Jim Henson passed away his Muppets were in legal limbo for years. On Disney's side they just gained access to a demographic they were not reaching, boys age 6 to 16. DS is 4 and he's going from "Cars" to Star Wars. With Star Wars and Marvel Disney has a lock on the young boy and girl markets. Disney also has made some good films with their Marvel and Pixar titles so they should be able to make a solid Star Wars trilogy. I'll let you know on that last part at the end of May 2015.

Excellent analysis nemie

Who got black ops? I don't play but I can't sleep so I thought I'd ask

DS got an iPod shuffle for his birthday, but the darn thing doesn't hold much. When I look at the status bar about half of the 2 GB is taken up by something called other. Any idea what might be going on and how I can free up space. I understand the software takes some space, but it surely can't be taking up half the space can it?

I believe that the "other" is the operating system. But I agree that nearly one gig for that is too much. "Other" can also be application data. Have you checked it in iTunes? I've removed and added things in iTunes to see how they affect the memory utilization. My son's 8gig iPhone was surprisingly filled with very little.

As far as black ops goes, I'm dying to play it but waiting for the Christmas season is over so I would have more disposable income.

I believe that the "other" is the operating system. But I agree that nearly one gig for that is too much. "Other" can also be application data. Have you checked it in iTunes? I've removed and added things in iTunes to see how they affect the memory utilization. My son's 8gig iPhone was surprisingly filled with very little....

that is what I was thinking but when I open itunes, on the left side of the screen under devices it just shows music folder and podcast folder. When I empty those it still has 989 MB of "other" I looked at it using windows explorer on our old computer that doesn't have itunes and cant see any files other than a folder.

Have you tried restoring it to factory. "Other" can also be corrupt files that the machine can no longer access.

Have you tried restoring it to factory. "Other" can also be corrupt files that the machine can no longer access.

Thanks! Didn't know you could even do that. Went from 989 MB to 53 MB in the other file. Makes a big difference.

Looks like J.J. Abrams of Alias, Lost, and Star Trek fame is the director for the new film. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

This is from an interview JJ Abrams did with Star Wars back in 2008. Tells me they found the right guy to direct the next film.

STAR WARS CHARACTERS HE WISHES COULD HAVE A BIGGER STORY (2008):

“It’s funny how in a weird way sometimes by demystifying a character it takes away from some of the fun that you felt about that character. It takes the mystery out of it. Sometimes a character is more interesting when you don’t know everything about them. Even someone from my generation — and I’m ancient compared to so many of the Star Wars fans that are out there — for me the character of Darth Vader was always so compelling because you were putting together all these thing in your head and making all these assumptions that to get to know Anakin as much as we ultimately did, changes the way you consider Darth Vader. It’s crazy to me that my kids relate to Anakin; which to me is criminal because I grew up believing Vader is a bad guy. I related to Luke and Leia and Han Solo. You don’t relate to Vader! I still think it’s wrong to be on Anakin’s side. So I guess there’s no one character I can point to and say that I want to know more about him or her, it’s just that Star Wars is so vast it would be great to find characters that have that level of emotional intimacy.”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter