• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS Board Slowness

WolfpackFan

Retired and loving every minute of it!!
Is anyone else experiencing extreme slowness in accessing these DIS boards? Very annoying. I sure wish someone would do something to fix it. I'm finding I'm spending more and more time at the WDWMagic boards because of it.

Yeah - it's been happening to me too. I almost hated replying to this thread because replies take the longest. I usually end up walking away or giving up. I'm not sure if it is the boards or my computer though. I tried to go on Spirit Airlines this morning and gave up.

I think its the disboards because I am able to access any other websites with no slowness whatsoever. Oh well...

I have been having problems for a while now, but assumed it was the idiot here at work that streams music all day (even though I have explained how it slows us all down). Even tried cleaning out all my temp files, cookies, etc. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Actually, I'm sure it is related to the performance of the DIS servers and their network. We have an excellent network here and I have no other problems with any other websites, except for the DIS. It is just excrutiatingly slow. They must have a very slow line coming in or their servers are very slow.

Yes, infuriatinglyslow! I think that's why there are so many duplicate posts. People think they forgot to click submit, so they click it again!

Late morning when I tried connecting I got an error "Server Busy". It only happened once but I concur it has been very S_L_O_W.....

I have to wonder if it's internet related :confused3 . I've had trouble for a few days accessing Ebay, Yahoo and a multitude of other sites. I thought it might be my computer but some sites pull up quickly w/ no problems and others are ssssssssslow!

I would have to agree, the site has been slow. I shaved my legs just before trying to post a reply to this thread....uh oh.......where's my razor....need to shave again..... :teeth:

:earseek: we must be really special on the DVC parts of this board, because we gripe and *poof* my DIS is running great again!!!

Yes, DISboards has been intermittently EXTREMELY S...L...O...W... for a while now. It's not your computer or the Internet. I have no problems at all with other sites, but this one has been awful off and on. It's not constant, and sometimes it runs fine. Doesn't seem to matter much what time of the day either -- so I don't think it is server demand.

Well, thank heavens it isn't just my computer. I've noticed the same thing--extreme slowness intermittently on the DIS--even late at night. Extremely frustrating!!! Have my fingers crossed that this reply will post. Haven't had problems with other sites.

I have been experiencing very slow Dis boards too!! Most of the time I just sign off and go on to something else but would much rather stay with Dis. Don't want to complain because I appreciate the boards so much but hoping they will see the messages from everyone and try to fix it. This site keeps me vacationing all year long when I can't be at WDW.

Well, and I thought it was just me! I guess I feel a little better knowing it's not just my computer is shot to heck. But I like to spend as much time as possible on the Dis, but if I'm home (have DSL and everything) it isn't possible, too slow. At work (like I am now) it's a bit quicker. Hope it can be rectified soon. :badpc:

hmmm... if it's a server issue, maybe it would help if everyone became sponsors, so the $$ would be available to increase the capacity. ;) ;) ;)

Perhaps they should archive some of the older threads? Sure seems like there's an awful lot of content on here compared to most sites I visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter