Dinner Choice Poll: EPCOT Steakhouse

If you could only choose one for dinner, which one would you choose?

• Total voters
I really like the Yachtsman. The service is always good, love the steak and sides, and the onion bread with roasted onion is fantastic. I haven't been in almost 2 years though, so I hope it is all still amazing.

Shula's is by far the best steakhouse in the area. Amazing melt-in-your-mouth steaks. We always enjoyed Le Cellier as well, but we haven't been in a while. I will never go back to Yachtman's. Worst steaks my family has ever had. They were all terrible--grisly and tough. Not to mention the terrible service.

Not a steakhouse but my favorite steak is at Flying Fish. Out of your options I’d choose the Yachtsman, but I’ve never been to Shulas so can’t speak to that.

Not a steakhouse but my favorite steak is at Flying Fish. Out of your options I’d choose the Yachtsman, but I’ve never been to Shulas so can’t speak to that.
Flying Fish is a non-negotiable must do on this upcoming trip. Glad to see a positive affirmation.

We are looking for what to do on a separate night. Both of our kids will eat steak and we can generally make Steakhouses work with certain allergy requirements.

Flying Fish is a non-negotiable must do on this upcoming trip. Glad to see a positive affirmation.

We are looking for what to do on a separate night. Both of our kids will eat steak and we can generally make Steakhouses work with certain allergy requirements.
Although Shula's would be my choice for best steak I didn't realize the allergy situation. Not sure your comfort level, and I'm sure Shula's would work with you, but we also have an allergy situation and we literally go to Disney just so our kid can eat without any worries. I personally would be going with a Disney steakhouse rather than Shula's for that reason but again your comfort level might be higher than ours.

Although Shula's would be my choice for best steak I didn't realize the allergy situation. Not sure your comfort level, and I'm sure Shula's would work with you, but we also have an allergy situation and we literally go to Disney just so our kid can eat without any worries. I personally would be going with a Disney steakhouse rather than Shula's for that reason but again your comfort level might be higher than ours.
The allergy situation is a big reason why we have made Disney locations a primary vacation destination.

One of my kiddos has a pretty serious sesame allergy and that means that Mediterranean and Asian locations and cuisines are off the list.

Also, we have to be very careful with buns at hamburger and hotdog type places…. especially since most now actively put sesame flour in the recipe….. lots of bunless burgers for me so my kid doesn’t feel like an “other”.

Another reason a full kitchen in a 1/2 bedroom villa is important.

Shula’s is the best steakhouse on property.

Le Cellier is beyond overrated. I wouldn’t even consider it a signature restaurant.

No desire at all to throw Shula's into the mix?
HORRIBLE! way overpriced food. For perspective, I love the Capital Grille. $150+/person but fabulous. Steaks weren't cooked properly. Waitstaff was miserable from the beginning. Very long wait for reservation when the restaurant was 3/4 empty - I believe it was Christmas Eve dinner - 2023 - reservation was 9:00ish.

I am a foodie and very much a beef snob, and meat quality is very important. Shula's uses USDA Prime beef, while Le Cellier (and I assume Yatchsman) uses USDA Choice.

Obviously, the chef makes a difference, but that is subjective. Meat quality is not.

I am a foodie and very much a beef snob, and meat quality is very important. Shula's uses USDA Prime beef, while Le Cellier (and I assume Yatchsman) uses USDA Choice.

Obviously, the chef makes a difference, but that is subjective. Meat quality is not.
And WDW has no shame in using haricot verts and kobe for run of the mill green beans and hamburgers 😂

They have 101 uses for the acres of string beans they must be growing like bamboo onsite. *clears throat* I mean haricot verts.

And WDW has no shame in using haricot verts and kobe for run of the mill green beans and hamburgers 😂

They have 101 uses for the acres of string beans they must be growing like bamboo onsite. *clears throat* I mean haricot verts.
Fancy names for green beans is one thing, but it would technically be illegal to pass off beef as a different grade than how it passed through USDA inspection.

The allergy situation is a big reason why we have made Disney locations a primary vacation destination.

One of my kiddos has a pretty serious sesame allergy and that means that Mediterranean and Asian locations and cuisines are off the list.

Also, we have to be very careful with buns at hamburger and hotdog type places…. especially since most now actively put sesame flour in the recipe….. lots of bunless burgers for me so my kid doesn’t feel like an “other”.

Another reason a full kitchen in a 1/2 bedroom villa is important.
Tree Nut allergy here and yes the buns are the worst. QS has been great recently letting us see the ingredients and really helping us feel comfortable. In this day and age where every niche issue is taken uber seriously, food allergies seem to be left in the stone ages of "what is it? what are you worried about? I'm sure it's fine. You'll only get itchy right?" So Disney has really been the best place to go with a youngster who has a hard time eating safely even in a metropolis like we live near...NYC. Hope whichever steak you choose satisfies!

Tree Nut allergy here and yes the buns are the worst. QS has been great recently letting us see the ingredients and really helping us feel comfortable. In this day and age where every niche issue is taken uber seriously, food allergies seem to be left in the stone ages of "what is it? what are you worried about? I'm sure it's fine. You'll only get itchy right?" So Disney has really been the best place to go with a youngster who has a hard time eating safely even in a metropolis like we live near...NYC. Hope whichever steak you choose satisfies!
Very kind of you to share.

We use these Allergy Translation Cards so my son can give it to a server prior to ordering:

https://equaleats.com/?syclid=227b6e46-eae5-4ce7-83d7-9b76b49962fd

facebook twitter