• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Rotation

lynzi2004

DIS Veteran
We are sailing on the 4-night Wish out of PC next month. We are muster station W (Worlds of Marvel). I thought I had saw somewhere that your muster station would give you an idea of where your dining rotation started, but now I can’t find that anywhere and I’m beginning to think I just dreamed it 😂 I don’t care which order we eat at the restaurants, but I would like to know for packing purposes. We are planning to rewear some pants/shorts etc and I would put the right things together if I knew…with 3 kids I like to minimize the “hurricane room” during changing as much as possible!

We are sailing on the 4-night Wish out of PC next month. We are muster station W (Worlds of Marvel). I thought I had saw somewhere that your muster station would give you an idea of where your dining rotation started, but now I can’t find that anywhere and I’m beginning to think I just dreamed it 😂 I don’t care which order we eat at the restaurants, but I would like to know for packing purposes. We are planning to rewear some pants/shorts etc and I would put the right things together if I knew…with 3 kids I like to minimize the “hurricane room” during changing as much as possible!
I doubt it. Generally, onboard ships, muster stations are based on your room location. Some on deck, some in indoor spaces. Not everyone will be in an indoor location, so they wouldn't know their rotation, if this were true.

I'm not aware that your muster station necessarily has anything to do with your dining rotation. Although I did have a muster station in 1923 and our rotation started with 1923 🤔

If you call Disney, they will tell you the rotation pattern, but not specific dining rooms. So they can tell you if you're A-B-C-A or A-A-B-C or A-B-B-C or whatever. But you won't know which dining room is *your* A, B, and C until you're onboard.

If you have a strong preference, you can ask to alter your dining rotation once you board.

We are also doing a 4-night on the Wish next month so I can tell you that the rotation is A-B-B-C so your potential rotations would be:
  • Marvel - Arendelle - Arendelle - 1923
  • Arendelle - 1923 - 1923 - Marvel
  • 1923 - Marvel - Marvel - Arendelle
Obviously that doesn't help you with which one you actually start with, but I figured it could be helpful to know you will definitely be doubling up with your middle MDR. And as noted, you can always call to request a specific rotation or try to change on embarkation day even if that isn't a guarantee.

We are also doing a 4-night on the Wish next month so I can tell you that the rotation is A-B-B-C so your potential rotations would be:
  • Marvel - Arendelle - Arendelle - 1923
  • Arendelle - 1923 - 1923 - Marvel
  • 1923 - Marvel - Marvel - Arendelle
Obviously that doesn't help you with which one you actually start with, but I figured it could be helpful to know you will definitely be doubling up with your middle MDR. And as noted, you can always call to request a specific rotation or try to change on embarkation day even if that isn't a guarantee.
Thank you! My pick would be option 2 bc I think doing pirate night in the Frozen room would just be weird 😂 I may call and see what I can do. But I’m also one that likes to leave things up to chance, and I’m sure my 6year old little boy would love to eat in the Marvel room twice!

That wouldn't make any sense. There is a staircase in relative proximity to your stateroom that you go down for the muster drill that takes you to your station. So I think the muster station is based on location only. Also, we've often sailed with friends who are in very different locations - and muster stations - than us but we dine together. Plus not everyone in your muster station will even be eating at the same time. I think dining rotation and location is a completely different process of assignment than muster station.

Related Question:
I'll be on a 4 night Wish Mon-Fri. Monday is embarkation, Tuesday is Nassau, Wednesday is Castaway Cay, Thursday is Day at Sea. Which night is Pirate Night?

Last edited:
Related Question:
I'll be on a 4 night Wish Mon-Fri. Monday is Nassau, Tuesday is castaway cay, Thursday is Day at Sea. Which night is Pirate Night?
Do you mean Tuesday is Nassau and Wednesday is CC?

If you can already book things in the app, look for BBB on Onboard Fun. The day they offer pirate makeovers will be Pirate Night. The Wish has done Pirate Night on either Nassau night or CC night.

Muster stations are most definitely tied to your room location and best path to meet and evacuate.

We’ve sailed in the same area of the ships multiple times and have had the same muster station every time without having the same dining rotation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter