Dining Reviews 8/19 and 8/20: PSB, Spoodles, Pizzafari and Boma

BAST

DIS Veteran
8/19

PSB. We had an 8:30 seating at PSB. The restaurant was quite crowded. The food was pretty good and they certainly brought alot of it. The meal starts with fruit and cinammon buns, followed by a platter of eggs, sausage, biscuits, bacon and cheesy potatoes. I like the food better than at Cinderalla's breakfast but it is still primarily about the characters.

For this brekfast, Belle, Snow White, Mulan, Jasmine and Princess Aurora were the princesses. The interaction was somewhat short - alhtough this mostly has to do with the fact that my two DD's (4 and 6), who cannot stop talking about meeting the princesses before they come to our table, seem to have nothing to say to them when they arrived at our table. I did see several tables where the princesses spent alot of time.

I would do this again if my DD's wanted to. It is pretty good food, service was good, characters were attentive and it is fun to walk into EPCOT all alone. I would give the food a B- and the service an A.

Lunch was ice cream and other snacks. I note that WDW no longer has the ice cream bar that I loved (our last visit was 1/03), but the Mickey Premium bar is great. I also am seeing a smaller bar (usually just $1.00) for the kids. This is great since they cannot eat the full size bars and simply make a mess.

Dinner was a Spoodles. The restaurant was not crowded and we were seated immediately without a PS at about 6:30. We ordered the Mediterranean dips for an appetizer, I had the steak, and my DW had the stuffed peppers. The kids had the children's pizzas. The appetizer was very good and the kids especially liked the various dips with the pita bread pieces. The entree's were again exceptional. My steak was truly excellent - not quite as good as Le Cellier the night before, but close. My wife's stuffed peppers were good as well. The kid's pizza were not to my liking but the kid's did like them. Overall, I would give this restaurant an A for food and an A for service.

We did not have dessert at Spoodles because the kids were getting antsy. Spoodles has gone to the dessert sampler type menu - small desserts that allow a person to eat more than one. I like this idea, but, again, we did not have dessert.

We walked around for a few hours and ended up eating dessert at B&C. Even at 10:30 at nigth this place was a zoo, but the kids insisted on the ice cream that I had promised... The kids had single scoops and DW and I shared a banana split. The seriving were HUGE. I was bothered by the prices initially but really consdier this a good value. Being from Wisconsin where we have truly great ice cream (and custard), the ice cream here was only okay. But this made for a great late night dessert and the kids were happy. I would go here again, but WDW clearly miuscalculated the popularity of this place when they built it so small. Food a B, take out service was very slow, but they were working very hard with a long line of people so I will not criticize this.

8/20

Breakfast in the room and off to EMH at AK.

Lunch was at Pizzafari. We bought the meal deal tickets. For 11.99 for adults and 5.99 for kids you get an entree, drink and a ticket for a drink and ice cream/ popcorn in the park. This is really a great deal. My DW and I each had the Italian sandwich, which was very good. My DD's each had cheese pizzas, which they liked. I wish that AK had a better sit down restaurant for lunch than Rainforest Cafe because I would like to try that, but for fast food this was quite good. Food a B, Service an A.

Dinner was a BOMA. We had a PS for 6:30 and were seated within 5 minutes. The restaurant was very crowded (it was Friday). This is my favorite buffet and it did not disappoint. All of the food was very good. I really like the flank steak and the various soups were exceptional. They had a blackened salmon dish that was reall good as well. Desserts were awesome. I give this one an A for food and an A for service. We will definitely be coming back. We are all somewhat adventurous eaters - especially me and DD6 - so we love the various foods. I read some criticism of this place but I think that this place can be for everyone. Worst case, someone tries something unique and leaves it on their plate. BOMA truly raises the bar for a WDW buffet.

Any questions??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter