• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Reviews 10/2-10/9, Part II

bamagirl@hrt

DIS Veteran
As a reminder, cast includes DH & me, both 33, DD6, and DS3. Only DS is a picky eater, living mostly on fruit and peanut butter crackers!

Mon., 10/4:

Pizza Planet:
We spent the day @ MGM and used one Q&C voucher for a midday snack. We got the cheese pizza, salad, lg. bottle of water, and Mickey rice krispy treat. DH & I split the bottle of water; got juice boxes for the kids. Pizza was not as good as the food court at our resort, but was better than Chuck E. Cheese! Salad was fresh, but nothing fancy. I think we saved about $1-$2 with this voucher.

Mama Melrose's:
We had a 4:30 PS for the FDP. The food and service were great! This was one of our favorite meals of the week. DH & I especially loved the field greens salad! We had the grilled chicken flatbread -yummy! DH & DD each ordered the chicken parmesan. I had the penne alla vodka. Everyone proclaimed their food to be very, very good. For dessert, DD had choc ice cream, while DH & I chose the warm chocolate truffle cake. It was also very good! DS slept through the entire meal, so he ate his peanut butter crackers & raisins later, along with a Mickey ice cream bar! Total bill was about $90, including tip.

Tues., 10/5

Princess Storybook Breakfast:
Belive it or not, we actually booked this breakfast more for DS than for DD! DS has a major crush on Snow White! I was so happy that she was there - he was all giddy and giggly when she was at our table! He gave her a kiss on the cheek & she promptly gave him a big smooch on the cheek too. It was priceless! The other princesses were Belle, Aurora, Jasmine, and Mulan. The fruit was a big hit here. We devoured about 3-4 bowls of it! The sticky buns were scrumptious! Everything in the skillet was about average, except the potatoes. They were very good! We had a great experience here & would definitely do this one again. We again had the breakfast vouchers and saved about $25 on the meal.

Le Cellier:
We "discovered" this restaurant on our last trip & it was our favorite! We had a 6pm PS, but arrived aat 5:30. They seated us immediately. DH & I each had the mushroom filet -- the best steak I've had since our last trip here! DD had cheeseburger & fries. We all enjoyed several helpings of pretzel breadsticks. DS had - you guessed it - peanut butter crackers and raisins. We had planned on having dessert, but were just too full. We had Mickey ice cream bars later while waiting for Illuminations. Total bill was about $86.

Ok, next part will include Planet Hollywood, Chef Mickey's, and Beaches & Cream.

Christy

but I have a few questions.

For the FDP at MM, I know you share a salad and flatbread appetizer, but did you have to choose from a limited number of entres or could you pick anything from the menu? I also noticed you had different desserts, but I though this pkg only served Tiramisu.

I love MM, but am leaning towards H&V for our FDP if the menu choices are limited at Mama's.

We were allowed to order anything off of the menu for both entrees and desserts. I think our waitress commented that it used to be just tiramasu or cheesecake, but now you can choose anything.

Have fun planning!
Christy

LeCellier and Mama Melrose's two of our must do's when we visit WDW.Glad you had good experience at both,thank you for sharing.::yes:: :wave2:

Thanks for the great reviews! We plan on eating in both places during our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter