Dining Review, 1900 Park Faire 10/2 9am.

Cannot_Wait_4Disney

The Colombo of Cippolini.
We came to this meal as a result of much changing. When we added MNSSHP for this day, we had to move spoodles out and PF in. But then that presented two problems.
1. Too many buffets in the front end of things
2. Our PF ressie ended up a bit too late at the dinner hour. So we cancelled that and added this breakfast. We scheduled it late because we were going to Disneyquest on this day rather than one of the main parks.

A word of warning if you're driving. The Parking lot is in Valdosta, Georgia. You'll have to walk in from there or use Valet. If you're going to use Valet service, this is definitely the place to do it. From the monorail, it's easy to step into the building and go down one level. The Grand Floridian's main room is really nice. Park Faire is off to the left right near the entrance if you're walking in.

We allowed plenty of time so we arrived at the podium about 8:50. We got our pager and got into line for Mary Poppins who was in the lobby. One word of warning. Don't take your picture straight on here. Reflections off the background will trip up your camera. Our pager went off in the line for Marry Poppins. The hostess at the podium just handed us a piece of paper to give to the hostess at the door. Park Faire consists of a main center room with two smaller rooms on either side. The room would be a typical convention ballroom. It's decorated with caroussel figures. We got the big room with the high ceilings. I think that's the better room. The other rooms were a bit cramped. Park Faire is overall a bit smaller than CM's or CP.
We were seated and we asked which direction the characters would come from. The hostess merely said they had their rotation and would come when they come. It's very convenient to know where they come from so you don't get up and miss them and you can know when it's your turn. Anyway, I watched and figured it out. They didn't do one room at a time. The big room is wider than the other two. They did the far group of tables in the big room, then they did one of the small rooms, then came all the way up through the middle, then the other room, then the near side.

The food.
This was a very good breakfast. There isn't quite the selection here as there is at Crystal Palace, but it was very good nonetheless. They had bacon, scrambled eggs, an omelet station, sausage, plus they had southwestern eggs. Yummmy!!! They had southern style hashed browns (square) and I like to put the biscuit gravy on them. They also had hash but instead of shredded corned beaf, it was thinly slized. This was really good. They also had mickey waffles with a toppings bar. Oh and a bonus. They had bread pudding with vanilla sauce.
OH BOY, BREAD PUDDING!!!!!! Good bread pudding = kudos. Bad Bread pudding= get ripped in another review It was really good Far better than that at BOMA. The omelet maker cooked the mushrooms and such and then threw the egg in rather than doing the egg, then filling it. I like em done that way. All in all this was a great breakfast. I missed the Breakfast Lasagne a bit but the bread pudding made up for it.

The characters. We had Alice and the mad hatter. The other two were Pooh and Tigger. The character interaction was very good. The mad hatter was a kook!!! Everyone had a good time. Alice was great too. She had some kids across from us that hate the princesses (that age.) They hid under the table, but Alice found them. HEHE. Alice played on the floor with em awhile. She was really good. As we didn't have a booth, there was nowhere for ours to hide.

Service was good other than the non-help of where the characters came from. Everything was to temperature and replenished. They even had some crisp bacon and some not so crsp. I liked that. Everyone gets the kind they want. I'm a non-crisp.

Value for the credit or money.
This is more than a bit down on price vs everywhere we ate. Nevertheless, I thought it a good value for a credit because we were so far over on price in total, being a bit under here didn't matter. And I thought it important to break up all the dinner buffets with a breakfast. if you're paying out of pocket, we thought it very valuable for the money. If your purpose is to get in a character meal and you don't really care which meal, these will save you some cash.

We loved it and will return. It gets a high recommend. It's hard to compare a breakfast to the other meals we ate, but we came away happy.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Mary Poppins, Alice & the Mad Hatter, Pooh & Tigger....I had thought this was more of a Princess type meal (Cinderella etc.) Do you know if these are normally the characters at this buffet?

I had crossed this one off our list (5 & 7 yo boys), but the characters above are classic favorites (of mine & the kids). I wanted to try something different (we had done Donald's AKL breakfast & Stich). Given our boys, would you recommend this breakfast or the Crystal Palace?

Oh and about the parking lot being in Valdosta.... :rotfl:

Thanks,

hound :)

Cinderella, Prince, fairy godmother and the 2 mice are there for the dinner buffet.

Loralie

We have christmas breakfast adr there this year at 10:30am. We loved it when we had New Year's day breakfast in 2004 there. That day Belle filled in for Alice(maybe she had too much NYE!). We loved the Mad Hatter..he was great as was Tigger(who was also there in 2004). We also feel this is a great breakfast with the very good quality and love the omelette station. Its an added bonus to see the GF at the holidays! It is truly fantastic! We also agree that if you drive..VALET! It took DH quite a while to return from self-park after he left us off. ONe comment on Mary Poppins-she was the most undisney of any character we have encountered in our many trips to WDW since we became DVC members in 1994(our son was 4 then so we have been around many characters at the parks and at dining). She was almost rude..very little patience with the little ones we saw...Our son was 14 then so he skipped the lobby visit to MP, but we heard and saw her less than perfect experiences with other youngster..we were glad she did not circulate like the others.
Still looking forward to 1900PF for xmas!
Connears

loralie said:
Cinderella, Prince, fairy godmother and the 2 mice are there for the dinner buffet.

Loralie

Thanks Loralie, Looks like the dinner is NOT a good fit for our mostly MALE family. I'll bump this and ask again:

What characters are at the 1900 Park Fare for Breakfast?

Would this breakfast be a better character "fit" for 2 boys 5 & 7 yo or would Crystal Palace?

Thanks.

Hound 109 said:
What characters are at the 1900 Park Fare for Breakfast?

I believe Mary Poppins is in the lobby, Alice, Mad Hatter, Pooh and Tiger circulate around the room. I did have breakfast here in 2004 but instead of Mad Hatter we had Sleeping Beauty. All the other characters were the same for breakfast. Food was very good. I am going to try dinner for my next trip even though I have 2 boys (11 and 9). They said they don't mind seeing Cinderella and they should like the mice and the prince.

Loralie

To answer some questions.
This was fine for boys imo. They had Pooh and Tigger and Alice and the Mad Hatter were great. Mary Poppins acted like Mary Poppins. She made my son tuck in his shirt and stuff like that. He was annoyed but his parents were laughing and so was Mary Poppins. When there is a problem with one of the characters, they will substitute. For example, a princess may fill in for Alice. Eeyore may fill in for pooh or tigger. It is officially Mary Poppins and friends. But the 5 we saw are the ones usually there I am told. As to which would be better for boys this or CP, probably about the same. But I would not the breakfast here and go to CP both because Pooh and Tigger are duplicated. I think I'd probably come here. It is a smaller venue and there is one more character circulating. My son is starting to outgrow the pooh set and interraction is better with the characters. here. Plus, there are 4 characters circulating here and only 3 at CP. Now if they'd get heffalump or Kanga or roo over there, it would be nice. And the best of the pooh set for a 7 or 8 year old boy is Tigger and he was here. .

Someone asked about princesses. If you want to meet all the princesses, this isn't the place to do it. Akershus (B,L,D) or Cinderellas royal table (breakfast or lunch only) will do better. Dinner has Cinderella, , Suzie and Perla I think are the mice names, and Prince Charming coming to the tables. I forget whether it was Mary Poppins in the lobby or Fairy Godmother. I kind of like that one because it is characters from a particular movie rather than a bunch of Princesses lumped into one. We will be hitting that one next time.

We will return for the breakfast from time to time though too. It was really fun and a really good meal. Not quite the selection CP had at breakfast but the quality of what was there was just as good.

Oh and I almost forgot. The Strawberry soup was Yummy!!!!!!! It was really thick and sweet.

As for Christmas time. I think we are setting up next year to go for about a week before Christmas. I look forward to seeing the Grand Floridian decorated and we will be going to 1900 at dinner during the trip. That is the beauty of Disney. The best parts of the deluxes are accessable to anyone. You don't have to stay there to go look at the best parts of them or eat at the restaurants or walk the beautiful grounds.

Rudeness of Mary. This one was not rude. But she did act like Mary Poppins. Tuck in that shirt. Sit up straight. No funny faces. That sort of nanny stuff.

Thanks Cannot wait 4 Disney!

That is really what I wanted to hear. We have done the Chef Mickey & Donalds in the AK & wanted to try another one. I think this is a better fit than Crystal Palace (for our guys) for the reasons that you give.

Mary Poppins in her practically perfect "nanny" mode would be great & Alice & the Mad Hatter are actually two of my 7 yo's favorite characters & story.

Also, it gives us an excuse to go to the GF which we haven't seen in 3 trips.

Thanks again! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter