Dining ressie question

Bertie131

DIS Veteran
Our family has 6 members. If I make a restaurant reservation for 3 people at one restaurant and then 3 at another for the same time will I run into problems? I heard Disney will cancel it if you have 2 at the same time? Do they look at the number in the party? Thanks!

I can't say for certain as I have never done this but I have read threads that mentioned this. They said that because they had 2 ressie under the same last name, at similar times one was cancelled. Is there someone in your group with a different last name that you could book under? I would call in and explain the situation to see what they advise. Also, I might even call back a second time to see if I got the same answer from a different CM.

I've done it before, never got cancelled. Sometimes if I know who is dining where, I will book the one I am not going to in someone else's name, but not always. I have held, for example, a 7:15pm at Crystal Palace for 4 and a 7:20pm at Liberty Tree Tavern for 3, both in my name, when traveling with a party of 7 all booked in the same 2-br villa.

What they will do is ask you, 'You seem to have booked two reservations within an hour of each other, if these are both for the same party, please delete one.' What they mean is, we don't want you booking three or four options for the same folks, but if these are different people then ok.

If you're worried about it, book them in your name and one of the other people's names, they never ask for ID when you are checking in at a restaurant.

ADRs are generally tracked by phone number. I would make the two ADRs using two different phone numbers, and it wouldn't hurt to put them under two different names either. I've never been asked for ID when checking in for an ADR so it really doesn't make much of a difference what name is on the ressie.

to avoid all problems I would book them under separate names and phone numbers. then no problems should arise!!
Magical Wishes:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter