Dining Optons with Dining Plan

Luv Donald Duck

Mouseketeer
Hi all! First time to Universal in August with my kids. We are Disney people. I have Disney's dining package down to a science but am confused about the Universal Plan we purchased. Is it accepted at all restaurants? Is there a spending cap that you need to stay under for an entrée?

Thanks in advance.

Which dining plan did you buy?

The uo website has a listing of the dining plan locations

I have only bought the quick service one when I have long stays
Meal with coupon for snack and beverage to be used within 14 days
It only saves me about $5 or in that range
It’s been a spur of the moment purchase when I have done that

Macraven explained it great. I had about the same savings as her. The only other way I did find it cheaper was to get the quick service one time with the coke free style cup, if you want one. We did have a couple of quick service we bought but really don't come out ahead.

The best things I found it for was drinks in HP lands and at Thunder Falls Terrace in IOA they had a combination meal that came with a drink, so you could use a drink credit for a milkshake. I am not sure if they still do the combination meals. The restaurant will have on the board what is included fora meal plan.

I purchased the Dining Plan, the one with one full meal and one quick service meal per day. Macraven, you mention a coupon, so its not on a card like in Disney?

When I did the dining plan at Disney last September, my ddp was on the magic band
I did not get a card from them

At UO, no band
My “coupons” for beverage and snack was on a card

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter