Dining at lounges DHS

sunsetbeachgal

DIS Veteran
We are a party of two adults, not on dining plan. i made a mistake in scheduling time for our dinner at DHS and decided to cancel our dinner reservation rather than trying to redo all of the fast passes.

At this point there are no more reservations to be had, and I am hoping to eat somewhere other than QS. I looked at all of the DHS menus and it appears that You can sit and order food from a lounge menu at the tables outside of the Brown Derby, or from the dinner menu at the Tune In Lounge at the 50’s Prime Time cafe. Can anyone comment? Is it normally impossible to get a seat at either of these locations For an early dinner?? It appears that neither of these locations are on the DDP, but that’s not a consideration for us.

Last edited:
I've had great luck at both Brown Derby and Tune in lounge. I actually prefer eating at the lounges at HS, my favorite being by far the Brown Derby. The sliders and the martini flight, yum!

Thx! Exactly what I was hoping to hear! Are the outside tables at Brown Derby separated and only for those ordering food or drink, or are you competing for a seat with those who are just sitting and taking a break?

Thx! Exactly what I was hoping to hear! Are the outside tables at Brown Derby separated and only for those ordering food or drink, or are you competing for a seat with those who are just sitting and taking a break?

They should only be for people ordering food/drinks. The only time I've had trouble getting a table there was when we got there shortly after opening and had to wait for someone in the first wave of guests to leave. That shouldn't be a problem at dinner time.

The tables are separated in an enclosed area. But there aren't many!

We have done both but HBD is our go to. The seats are only available to those who order at least a drink, you can't just sit there and rest. Tune in Lounge is always very busy and very noisy and very hard to get a seat at the bar. Most of the other seats are usually taken up by people waiting on their tables. You can also try to get last minute ADRs for anywhere the day of in the afternoon. We never make ADRs in advance, always do them around 3:30 or 4 while walking around. We have park hoppers and as two adults the time doesn't matter to us so if it's late in the evening we are fine.

Well sounds like a good plan. We have fp+ for 4 pm Beauty and Beast show and will head over to HBD right after! And if full will try Tune In. Timing not an issue, we are open from end of Beauty and Beast show until Fantasmic FP+.

The HBD lounge menu sounds really good. Is the Cobb Salad a dinner/ main dish size or more of a side salad size? For the sliders how many come in an order??

Last edited:
Well sounds like a good plan. We have fp+ for 4 pm Beauty and Beast show and will head over to HBD right after! And if full will try Tune In. Timing not an issue, we are open from end of Beauty and Beast show until Fantasmic FP+.

The HBD lounge menu sounds really good. Is the Cobb Salad a dinner/ main dish size or more of a side salad size? For the sliders how many come in an order??

The Cobb Salad can be ordered as an appetizer portion or as the entree size from the main restaurant -- just ask your server. The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge is my favorite place to have drinks and food in DHS.

The Cobb Salad can be ordered as an appetizer portion or as the entree size from the main restaurant -- just ask your server. The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge is my favorite place to have drinks and food in DHS.

Forgot to add - there are 2 sliders with each order. You can select either both as beef (higher price) or beef and duck confit.

You might be able to make a reservation as your date gets closer, if you'd rather have something set. The touringplans reservation finder is pretty cool and I've had good luck with it. Also, there's the ADR cancellation thread. When are you going? I'm cancelling a HBD slot myself for the end of August.

I've had great luck at both Brown Derby and Tune in lounge. I actually prefer eating at the lounges at HS, my favorite being by far the Brown Derby. The sliders and the martini flight, yum!
my favorite too!!
Tune In lounge can be harder to find spots but not impossible. I prefer HDB lounge though.
If you have all that time before Fantasmic and have hoppers World Showcase is also a boat ride away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter