Dine With Shamu???

Vermin

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever tried the "Dine With Shamu" meal at Sea World. Made the ressies, but wanted to get any opinions that may be out there on whether it's worth it...

Being as how I am new and unfamiliar with these particular boards, and how the one day at Sea World will be the ONLY non-Disney day of our 10 day vacation, making DISNEY 1st and foremost on my mind, I guess I overlooked the fact that there was a Sea World forum - I saw dining and thought "Hey this looks like the right place..."

That being said, amw5g - I stand corrected - next time, however, instead of being so rude, perhaps a personal message or e-mail would be a better way of pointing someone in the right direction.

welcome2_logo.gif
:)

We did Dine with Shamu in January. DD (almost 6) has wanted to be a whale trainer since she was like 2, so it was a must for us. Seating is right alongside one of the side pools in Shamu Stadium. You will get a lot of information from the trainers about the whales, their activities and how they go about training them. The whales pretty much do free swimming in the pool area near the dining and do a few jumps, but you do get to see them VERY close. At one point the trainers feed them some fish and have them do litle tricks (spinning, noises) so you are very close to them. Don't expect to get splashed like you do in the main Shamu show.

The food was not bad, but it was not exquisite, either. There was a bunch to choose from, and beer & wine was included (an awesome surpirse!).

All in all, we loved it. We got some great pics, and learned a lot. You'll enjoy it!

We did Dine with Shamu this past December. I thought it was great! When we were there, crowds were small and we got lots of attention! Food is ok and lots of it, be sure to take a cookie or 2 for night show with Shamu.
Sorry you got that first response, we are all not that rude!

Hi there! This thread is more appropriate for the Sea World board, so I am transferring it over there. Please check the Sea World board for further replies. Thanks! :)

We did breakfast with Shamu about two weeks ago in San Diego not Orlando but thought I'd share our experience. It was just ok, nothing compared to how WDW handles such things. The food was just ok (plastic silverware, paper plates and cups) . Our seating on the rail was nice but the whole getting in the park early thing was a joke. They told us to come at 8:15 (1 1/2hr. before park opening) well it took us almost 45 min. to buy our park tickets and stand in a second line to pay for the breakfast before getting into the park! Very frustrating. Otherwise it was an enjoyable experience for the kids but wouldn't do it again.

PS. Welcome to the DIS Vermin:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter