Digital camera print processing on board?

goofydadeo

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if the onboard photo lab can process digital camera prints to CD, upload them to the internet or just simply do prints? I cannot recall from my past cruises.

You could bring a laptop with you. I will definitely bring mine, as my camera can only hold 96 pics before full at max resolution. I plan to download often, and burn CDs for all in my party (4 families) before we separate at the end of the cruise.

I don't know if these companies (below) rent laptops for certain or not, but you might try contacting them. Got these results from a Yahoo search for laptop computer rental in the Port Canaveral area:

Smart Business Machines-Computers
(321) 453-0008 1133 N Courtenay Pkwy
Merritt Island, FL
5.7 miles from Port Canaveral
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rentway
(321) 690-1870 801 Dixon Blvd
Cocoa, FL
7.9 miles from Port Canaveral
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rent-A-Center
(321) 632-5555 214 Barton Blvd
Rockledge, FL
8.4 miles from Port Canaveral

You would certainly think that would be lucrative business(camera and laptop rental) as thousands use Port Canaveral to cruise from each week.

As of our last cruise in October Disney did not offer any type of digital processing. They do develop regular film though. I would suggest either taking extra cards to hold your pictures, or a laptop to download them to.

Sue Ellen

I agree with the above comments. A laptop would be ideal solution, but not everyone has one (mine is OLD and only has a slow serial connection making transferring a ton of images a nightmare.) One of the nice things about digital cameras is that so many people have them now you probably should be able to find a friend or family member with a camera that uses the same type storage device (i.e., CompactFlash, Memory Stick, etc.) I only have a 64MB stick of CompactFlash, because that's all I usually ever need. Whenever we go on trips I'll borrow a stick from a friend for the trip (my co-workers all have tons of extras being avid digital freaks.)

Now that I'm about to upgrade a 3MP camera though I'll probably have to look into getting a 256MB stick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter