Differences in resale prices.

Is that common with them? I inquired about an "available" one recently and they said it was taken.
I specifically asked about this when I called them. They update their website everyday at midnight, but only during the week. So if you are browsing during the weekends, it is likely out of date. Also, the later you get in the day, you also run the risk that something won't be available. I made an offer on a BLT contract before it ever hit the email or the website as I happened to call right when they just got the point verification on it from Disney. After midnight that night, it was on the website but marked "sale pending." Unfortunately, Disney took that one. The next contract, was already on their website and marked available and it was in fact available when I called. Put an offer on it, and at midnight it updated to sale pending. So they aren't as bad at not updating their website as people think, the contracts just move faster than the once a day update.

I specifically asked about this when I called them. They update their website everyday at midnight, but only during the week. So if you are browsing during the weekends, it is likely out of date. Also, the later you get in the day, you also run the risk that something won't be available. I made an offer on a BLT contract before it ever hit the email or the website as I happened to call right when they just got the point verification on it from Disney. After midnight that night, it was on the website but marked "sale pending." Unfortunately, Disney took that one. The next contract, was already on their website and marked available and it was in fact available when I called. Put an offer on it, and at midnight it updated to sale pending. So they aren't as bad at not updating their website as people think, the contracts just move faster than the once a day update.

Exactly. I saw an ideal BWV contract 2 nights ago, made an offer online and followed up with a call around 9 am yesterday, and was told that one was already in contract. That's when I heard about the midnight update thing, so this morning I saw a BCV contract I wanted to make an offer on; confirmed with DH what we would offer, and called at 9:20am and ... was told it was already under contract for full price. Oh well.

Exactly. I saw an ideal BWV contract 2 nights ago, made an offer online and followed up with a call around 9 am yesterday, and was told that one was already in contract. That's when I heard about the midnight update thing, so this morning I saw a BCV contract I wanted to make an offer on; confirmed with DH what we would offer, and called at 9:20am and ... was told it was already under contract for full price. Oh well.
If you're working with Fidelity, I suggest talking to Bonnie about what's going to be available. For all the offers we've made, we had the first chance to offer. They usually have a few contracts they're putting on the market but are waiting for point summaries from Disney (just to confirm the buyer is telling the truth about all the points.

If you're working with Fidelity, I suggest talking to Bonnie about what's going to be available. For all the offers we've made, we had the first chance to offer. They usually have a few contracts they're putting on the market but are waiting for point summaries from Disney (just to confirm the buyer is telling the truth about all the points.

I tried - yesterday she said just keep checking the site; after talking to her 2 mornings in a row I think she now understands that we are serious.

I tried - yesterday she said just keep checking the site; after talking to her 2 mornings in a row I think she now understands that we are serious.
I'm sure you'll find a great contract with her; she'll work with you to find something great. When you do strike gold with Fidelity, it's often way under what other brokers are charging, even with the Fidelity fee. We just got a 160 point AKV contract for $91/point that we're closing today (*fingers crossed*).

I'm sure you'll find a great contract with her; she'll work with you to find something great. When you do strike gold with Fidelity, it's often way under what other brokers are charging, even with the Fidelity fee. We just got a 160 point AKV contract for $91/point that we're closing today (*fingers crossed*).
I had looked at their site and contracts a lot back in March when we were buying BLT; we just happened to find a good contract with another broker first. Fingers crossed this time! We are not likely to be using any points until 2019 so I keep telling myself we have time.

same here! OKW for 65/point!

We just bought with Resales DVC and paid $83 a point for OKW.
They were super helpful and kept in contact throughout the whole process. Now we wait for ROFR.

THIS!! Our SSR contract that was taken through ROFR was through Fidelity and I've been calling her frequently about getting another one that fits our needs. She's been really great and helpful.

there you go! that too.. knowing you are super serious.. one time she told me about a wilderness lodge before it was even listed, but I had just happened to call her... I sometimes wonder if I shouldn't have bought that instead of AKV but again those exp dates!!

Thank you for this explanation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter