Diet & Vacation

jonb

Earning My Ears
I have lost 47 Pounds since Jan 1 this is awesome but I am taking the family to Disneyworld in teo weeks and I am stuck on what to do about my diet. I am on the atkins diet. We love all the food there but am not sure how to approach the week of awesome food. Any suggestions or success stories would be a help Thanks John

Jon, I'm not on Atkins but we have a vacation coming up too. I don't know how I'll do and imagine I will gain some but I hope not too much. I'm going to do my best but not let it get in the way of enjoying myself. If I gain a bit I'll just immediately work on getting it off when I get home.

Good luck to you and have a great time! You've done amazing on your weight loss!

Hi, Jon!

I'm not doing Atkins, so I can't really help you. I'm not sure what will happen if you start adding carbs while you are on vacation. Just giving this a bump! :) Good luck! And keep up the great work. You have lost bunches of weight already!!! :)

Here's my story... I am back on the Atkins wagon again after gaining back the 30 pounds I lost. When I go on vacation, I watch but I don't deprive myself either. If I want ice cream... I have it. I found that if I "went off" Atkins for a week.... I gained maybe a pound or two. I would go back on induction for 3 weeks upon returning and those pounds plus would be gone. It's when you go off for an extended period of time that you will gain everything back. Just my experience though.

When I go on vacation, I don't stick to my program, but I am careful. I watch portions, and if I want something I either split it with someone, or have just a little bit and throw the rest away. I'd rather waste it than "waist" it. :)

I'm not entirely sure how the Atkins program works, but I would just do your best, and do induction when you get back home.

Enjoy yourself!

Hi I wanted to welcome you to the boards. We are practically neighbors! My kids were born in Jaxs! Okay about the vacation we just returned from a 6 day vacation I gained 5 lbs. After being home 2 days i'm back where i was the sunday before. And for 3 of the 6 days i threw total caution to the wind. It's okay though you should have a great vacation and just be mindful of what goes in your mouth I knew what i was doing so i was'nt surpised about my gain. I guess the high soduim and salt foods are my down fall lucky for me some heavy drinking "water" washed it all away in two days. Have a wonderful trip and don't worry your in this for the long hual a few days is not gonna throw you off that bad.

So bringing my scale on vacation would not be a good thing then

PS I lost 2 pounds this week

Hi jonb - I'm leaving Sat. and have decided not to deprive myself, but to continue with the smart choices I have learned here and in WW. I am making a commitment to hit the work out facility everyday while I'm there, I figure if I'm not working I can expend a little extra energy working out. Between walking 5000 miles ;) a day and the lifting I'm hoping to break even. I'm willing to bet you are going to be conservative because you don't want to negate your hard work. Hope you all have a good time.

Alice

Atkins is pretty easy for me to stick with the plan even on vacation.

I'm not craving sweets or anything. I don't know how I will feel when I smell that wonderful popcorn though, that is my weakness ;)

Just do the best you can, make the best choices you can and have as much fun as you can. That's the most important part...having fun!

It's great to see you here on WISH, Jonb :)

Katholyn

I think depriving yourself will make things worse. Just do what you can, and try not to go overboard. I am on atkins and have some suggestions.

Do chicken caesar salads
hamburgers w/o the buns with a small salad
baked chicken
taco salad leave the taco
steak
turkey legs
etc....

If you really want something eat it...you are getting a ton of exercise while you are there, and water. Just try to be careful.

I am going in a few weeks and I will eat reasonably...I will not deprive myself, and when I get home go back on the ALex challenge :)

Thats the easy part. Dessert kills me !!!! How do I pass all that up. The food the food the food all that great food. More food I am judt going to eat eat eat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter