Did you see this about the Star Wars game and EA sports?

Farro

Argh.
It’s wicked bad PR that’s been swirling around the game. So I wouldn’t be surprised if this happened. If only someone would put their foot down about their terrible madden games....

Disney needs to get pull this license from EA. that call between Bob Iger and Andrew Wilson really must've been something..

It’s wicked bad PR that’s been swirling around the game. So I wouldn’t be surprised if this happened. If only someone would put their foot down about their terrible madden games....

I've heard more than just bad PR. Many are returning the game and its effecting EA stock price.

Avid gamer here...

Game companies typically don’t care about their image as long as they make money. They will ride out the backlash and rake in a lot of cash. Disney on the other hand does care about their image and public perception. They’re the only reason EA caved. This is good news, but it’s really just one battle, the war is long-term. Every game publisher is shoving these loot boxes (aka gambling) into their games for the past few years and it’s only going to get worse.

Avid gamer here...

Game companies typically don’t care about their image as long as they make money. They will ride out the backlash and rake in a lot of cash. Disney on the other hand does care about their image and public perception. They’re the only reason EA caved. This is good news, but it’s really just one battle, the war is long-term. Every game publisher is shoving these loot boxes (aka gambling) into their games for the past few years and it’s only going to get worse.

We concur.

This was a good column from a gamer's viewpoint...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...as-promoting-gambling/?utm_term=.1f9744991952

I particularity like the quote he ends on...

“From my perspective, the incoming firestorm of retaliation [on the Star Wars game] was a given, but this is an industry run predominantly by alienated rich old guys who know little and care less about video games, so it would not surprise me in the least if they were completely taken by surprise when they faced their very own galactic rebellion,” Sterling said.​

This was a good column from a gamer's viewpoint...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...as-promoting-gambling/?utm_term=.1f9744991952

I particularity like the quote he ends on...

“From my perspective, the incoming firestorm of retaliation [on the Star Wars game] was a given, but this is an industry run predominantly by alienated rich old guys who know little and care less about video games, so it would not surprise me in the least if they were completely taken by surprise when they faced their very own galactic rebellion,” Sterling said.​
Spot on. EA powers their madden franchise on in game purchases with ultimate team. That’s their MO, and as someone else pointed out, if Disney would’ve involved they would’ve given the consumer the proverbial finger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter