Did they think the water was enough?

I am going to suggest you stop. If you know a way to refund booked flights, hotels, travel insurance, along with the DCL fare I will be happy to answer your question. I am actually feeling attacked and I did not anticipate that by a CM.
Attacked? I was not attacking you. I was asking a simple question so I could help you work through this

Attacked? I was not attacking you. I was asking a simple question so I could help you work through this
That's not how it came across to me. I apologize if I misunderstood but I already shared everything was paid for- including non refundable flights etc in the post you quoted. At best it came off as argumentative (like hey you can still cancel before X date). I am very aware of DCL's cancellation policy thank you.

That's not how it came across to me. I apologize if I misunderstood but I already shared everything was paid for- including non refundable flights etc in the post you quoted. At best it came off as argumentative (like hey you can still cancel before X date). I am very aware of DCL's cancellation policy thank you.
I’m sorry if my post came across that way (lack of tone is a huge problem with social media). As a performer, I have nothing to do with cancellation and was not suggesting that at all. I had already read above that you had paid in full. I have been trying hard on these boards for a while now to be helpful to Guests and certainly would never attack anyone. I was only hoping to be able to help you find a tiny something to be excited about for your trip x

I’m
I’m sorry if my post came across that way (lack of tone is a huge problem with social media). As a performer, I have nothing to do with cancellation and was not suggesting that at all. I had already read above that you had paid in full. I have been trying hard on these boards for a while now to be helpful to Guests and certainly would never attack anyone. I was only hoping to be able to help you find a tiny something to be excited about for your trip x
I’m really not sure then why you would need to have the dates of my sailing for you to provide that.

Honestly, I’m gonna go ahead and back away at this point because now I’m really uncomfortable with the whole situation

I’m

I’m really not sure then why you would need to have the dates of my sailing for you to provide that.

Honestly, I’m gonna go ahead and back away at this point because now I’m really uncomfortable with the whole situation
Only because some things are not fully operarional yet. I didn’t ask for specific dates just a general timeframe.
I’m terribly sorry to have tried to help. Enjoy your cruise

Only because some things are not fully operarional yet.
I think this is the problem.

According to Wikipedia (haha- I know) Disney bought the land in 2019 and started work in April 2022. Even if we say, oh Covid, not really because they didn’t start till 2022. Looks like they announced “Summer 2024” in March 2023.

This first cruise that is sailing this week is not discounted so why are things not operational? For the hosted cruise, sure. But it’s unacceptable to be that unprepared for paying guests. Sure, there’s a bit of hiccups that should be expected but everything should be open. It’s bad form that things aren’t operational for what I’m guessing was a $10,000+ cruise for a family of 4 which is billed as the inaugural LHP sailing.

I think this is the problem.

According to Wikipedia (haha- I know) Disney bought the land in 2019 and started work in April 2022. Even if we say, oh Covid, not really because they didn’t start till 2022. Looks like they announced “Summer 2024” in March 2023.

This first cruise that is sailing this week is not discounted so why are things not operational? For the hosted cruise, sure. But it’s unacceptable to be that unprepared for paying guests. Sure, there’s a bit of hiccups that should be expected but everything should be open. It’s bad form that things aren’t operational for what I’m guessing was a $10,000+ cruise for a family of 4 which is billed as the inaugural LHP sailing.
I definitely agree with you. Things should be finished before paying Guests experience it. I don’t know the logistics around this decision. I only want to try to help people enjoy their cruise and find some magic

I’m thinking that there’s no Floaties because it’s open ocean. At CC the areas contained just my thoughts.
I’ll admit we lost a tube at Aulani. We were fairly far out and it got away from my daughter and she couldn’t get it. It drifted so fast! My son probably could have got it if he’d been out there with us, he’s a competitive swimmer- she’s a summer swim team kid and doesn't have his speed. I felt soooooo guilty. Still do. So it’s a valid concern.

I am going to suggest you stop. If you know a way to refund booked flights, hotels, travel insurance, along with the DCL fare I will be happy to answer your question. I am actually feeling attacked and I did not anticipate that by a CM.
Asking you when your cruise is is attacking you? She's been nothing but helpful. Don't take your stress out on someone that's trying to be positive. I'm sorry you feel that your vacation is ruined... but that's on you not her.

Wow. You think Mags was attacking you? She has been so kind and sweet and helpful to everyone here. She has never been rude or “attacked” anyone. Most people would jump at the chance to have her help and even pixie dust them which she has done numerous times. Smh.

Our cruise to both Castaway Cay and Lighthouse Point is next year. My wife told me to cancel it today. She told me that Disney can work out the problems on their dime, not ours. She does have a point though, I am a Disney fan and she puts up with it. Lately, Disney has relaxed their quality standards and charge more for it. With limited time off and increasing competition for our travel dollars, it surprises me that they really missed the mark. Even Carnival announced improvements to their private island. I am surprised they don't have a large pool on the beach. Its nice to have an oceanfront pool to relax in for a few hours with kids. I think I am going to see what itineraries happen in fall of next year. It may be waiting for the Destiny to see if it has some fun itineraries. The Treasure just doesn't have anything interesting, We like 7-night cruises but 5 nights on the dream is what I have on hold now. We haven't been on a DCL cruise in about 9 years, before that gap it was at least a 7 night cruise yearly. I was hoping to return but with the prices and offerings, I am not too sure about that. Lots of competition with ships nowadays.

My assumption is that it's more to do with not wanting them to float out into the ocean and not be easily retrievable like they are at Castaway.
Simple solution to this one. Require a $50 deposit. The waters aren’t so rough or if you fall off it somehow disappears within seconds.

Our kids have outgrown now the kids clubs but even when they were younger, they never went to those hangouts while on CC. I know different families have different needs but if I took my kids to an island like this, that was just stunning and we only had a limited amount of time. Seriously in reality what’s the maximum amount that you’re on the island six hours?? and I’m spending thousands and thousands to bring us there. My kids are spending time with us and not hanging out in some kid out.

We call Guest Services and arrange for the Chair that lifts me up from sitting on the deck, over the pool rim and into the pool. DH works the device. This is available on all ships in the adult pool except on the Wish. I have contacted DCL and have learned it will be available on the Treasure.

On the Wish, there are steps and railing that went into two smaller round pools. I was able to get into one of those on CC day. Other than that day, there were just too many kids in the pool for me to feel comfortable.

This is what I was told about the Treasure

Dear Barbara,

Thank you for your email to Disney Cruise Line.

I would be happy to assist you!

We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful cruise on the Disney Magic!

On the Disney Treasure, the pool lift is available at the Quiet Cove Pool. If you need this assistance, please reply back to this email and we can note the reservation.

We look forward to sailing with you!

Have a Magical Day!
That’s good to know I had often thought of using that chair. My mother always said it was for wheelchair people I said no anyone can use it.

I definitely agree with you. Things should be finished before paying Guests experience it. I don’t know the logistics around this decision. I only want to try to help people enjoy their cruise and find some magic
Arguing with everyone who states an opinion that isn't pro-DCL isn't helpful. It's pushy and oppressive, actually. People have the right to have both positive and negative opinions, and this is a forum where both can be shared. You don't need to "correct" all of the negative opinions expressed here.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter