Did I make a big mistake? (stateroom and Enchanted Garden - Dream)

CanuckOnaBoat

Mouseketeer
Did I make a big mistake? I'm in stateroom 2054 - midship Disney Dream. Only now am I looking at the deck plans. I am used to Wonder and Magic. I didn't even think that there would be dining on Deck 2!!

Are we literally right outside of Enchanted Garden? Is this going to be horrible with the people walking by our stateroom?

There are hallways that branch off behind the elevators on both sides, the staterooms are out of the way

Last edited:
Did I make a big mistake? I'm in stateroom 2054 - midship Disney Dream. Only now am I looking at the deck plans. I am used to Wonder and Magic. I didn't even think that there would be dining on Deck 2!!

Are we literally right outside of Enchanted Garden? Is this going to be horrible with the people walking by our stateroom?
Yes and no. The rooms are beside Enchanted Garden but there is a side corridor. People wont be walking past your stateroom door, but the area will be busy from about 5.30pm each evening as people start gathering for main dining.

I would worry about that as well!
We love midship, and when I was researching it came down to be between Decks 7,8 & 9 for us. We ultimately choose Deck 9.

We have stayed in almost the exact same stateroom on the Fantasy and it is FABULOUS! We have done 5 cruises on the Fantasy and always book the same cabin now(have done 4 cruises in that cabin). When you go to Enchanted Garden, you don't even realize that there are cabins in that area of the ship. Your cabin is located down a hidden hallway. It is so quiet. I am a really light sleeper and never heard any noises, day or night. We've done 9 cruises on DCL(Magic, Wonder, and Fantasy) and 1 on NCL. This is by far our favorite location for an OV. There will be people outside of EG before dinner, but the area in front of EG is large and didn't cause any problems at all. The cabin we stay in is 2556 So it's starboard, but is very close to the one you have booked.

Last edited:
You did not make a mistake. You are near a dead end on your hallway - when you step out of the cabin, there are only two cabins to your right.

The entrance to your hallway from the lobby outside Enchanted Garden is across from Cabin 2038.

The stairs and elevators are close, but not in a way that they are noisy.

Looks practically perfect.

When you go down to that level, Enchanted Garden in one way, and the staterooms are the opposite direction. No one should be just "walking by" unless they also have rooms on that deck.

We have stayed in almost the exact same stateroom on the Fantasy and it is FABULOUS! We have done 5 cruises on the Fantasy and always book the same cabin now(have done 4 cruises in that cabin). When you go to Enchanted Garden, you don't even realize that there are cabins in that area of the ship. Your cabin is located down a hidden hallway. It is so quiet. I am a really light sleeper and never heard any noises, day or night. We've done 9 cruises on DCL(Magic, Wonder, and Fantasy) and 1 on NCL. This is by far our favorite location for an OV. There will be people outside of EG before dinner, but the area in front of EG is large and didn't cause any problems at all. The cabin we stay in is 2556 So it's starboard, but is very close to the one you have booked.
We have been concerned to book deck 2 on the Fantasy or Dream due to concerns of noise from the atrium on deck 3. We love deck 2 on the Magic and Wonder. I am a light sleeper. Thank you for the info.

We stay frequently on Deck 2 of the Dream/Fantasy and we love it. As others have said, the way the corridors are, there aren't any issues with people wondering around. The rooms are tucked away.

as @auntlynne said, you're in a deadend, so you won't have any problem. That greyish area on the deck plan is a wall, so it's not open to where the entrance to the restaurant is. We stayed on Deck 2 of the Fantasy (2519) and loved it. It was kind of crazy going to dinner and coming aroudn the corner to the crowd when you wouldn't have even known they were there as we left the room. You'll absolutely be fine!

We just stayed in 2533 this January. The area in front of Enchanted Garden/midship elevators would get very congested before early dining...people were up the stairs to the first landing between the floors. We found this frustrating at times, but then realized how close the forward stairs/elevators were and just used those.

Yes and no. The rooms are beside Enchanted Garden but there is a side corridor. People wont be walking past your stateroom door, but the area will be busy from about 5.30pm each evening as people start gathering for main dining.
ok- i understand a bit better. I'm not 100% upset - but i have always picked cabins on the quieter side and this time I just blindly trusted the TA i've used for 4 cruises. Grrr..

I would worry about that as well!
We love midship, and when I was researching it came down to be between Decks 7,8 & 9 for us. We ultimately choose Deck 9.
I've learned my lesson this time. I have always loved Deck 2 - until this. Who would put a restaurant on Deck 2 :oops:

Thank you for sharing your experience! There aren't many cabin reviews for this particular one. You gave me a good idea to look at reviews for staterooms close by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter