Did anyone notice the survey takers?

Colleen A.

<font color=green>Disney Planning Maniac!<br><font
While we were down there a couple weeks ago, I couldn't help but notice the amount of CM's, using PDAs, conducting surveys. One even talked to me while waiting for the 100 yrs parade in MK. :) Disney's sudden interest in what people are thinking has me curious, especially since I just got a postcard in the mail today, from Fort Wilderness, asking me to log into disneysurvey.com and complete one for the resort!:p It was a very thorough survey, asking opinions on the CM's who work there, to any dining experiences there, to asking whether anything 'magical' happened during our stay.

I think it's nice that Disney is taking the time to get the opinions from those who spend their time (not to mention hard earned cash!;) ) taking their families to the "world". :bounce:

I noticed them too. We were stopped a couple of years ago, and did a survey. It didn't last to long. Mostly questions like How many times you have visited, your address, where you were staying. Things like that.

It did seem like this year at every park we entered they wanted are zip code.

I was asked my zip code by one. And another got my email address to complete the survey. I think I missed the others.

The survey they did in the park asked where we were from, where we were staying, when did we arrive, how we got there, what we did EACH AND EVERY day of our trip, the ages of everyone in our family.....very thorough! :bounce:

I was surveyed (email only) at DTD and got an email survey to fill out. I almost always get the zip code survey, and at DL I got the entire "How long are you here for, first time, etc" one. In all the years I have been going, I think I have been surveyed at least once a trip.

I hope they ask me stuff when I go in August. I'll let 'em have it with the reduced hours at CoP, letting the 20K lagoon sit there and rot away, etc.

One disappointment-survey takers don't seem to be interested in anyone alone. Although I saw lots of survey takers, and was dying to be surveyed in Nov., not one approached me. Maybe I should have gone up to them and volunteered-but I was afraid they'd tell me"Sorry, I'm not interested" and I'd be crushed! Any other solos wanted to be surveyed but weren't?

I hopped the bus over to AK one morning to buy a park specific item, and was asked for my e-mail address even though I was by myself that morning.

I was approached by one in front of City Hall about a week before Thanksgiving...

Also approached going through the Universal Studios gates :)

They asked for our zip code a couple of times this past week. No further questions though.

They asked me a LOT of questions at MGM in December. Lots of stuff about did I know about any new attractions, seasonal attractions, and where did I hear about them--of course my usual answer was "the internet"!
Robin M.

Originally posted by Simba's Mom
Although I saw lots of survey takers, and was dying to be surveyed in Nov., not one approached me. Maybe I should have gone up to them and volunteered-but I was afraid they'd tell me"Sorry, I'm not interested" and I'd be crushed!
They don't take volunteers. I approached a survey taker on my last trip after seeing her turned down by the person in front of me. She told me you have to be randomly selected. I have been randomly selected many times over the years and have also received the postcards after trips to do the online survey. I've still got the postcard I received after our early November trip. Guess I should try to get around to doing that one of these days. :p

They are all over the DL resort, too. I see mostly CMs with the PDAs, but I have also seen recently CMs with just pads of paper and pens.

I had one stop me for a survey at Epcot. He asked all of the questions everyone else has mentioned plus he wanted to know my itinerary of the week. Which days I went to which parks. A comment he made after I told him which resort I was staying at was that it seemed that everyone was staying at Port Orleans. He also wanted to know why I chose Port Orleans and in particular Alligator Bayou.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter