DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Obviously personal, but the menu looks intriguing to me. Definitely some things I wouldn’t normally eat (just give me eggs for breakfast and I’m good) but it at least “looks” from the written word descriptions that they’ve at least put some effort into it.

5 days until we see what is really in store. :-)

I'm a little disappointed in the menu options. I was hoping for a more generic breakfast option for my kids.

Mexican Corn Chilaquiles and Eggs Bowl
Shrimp and Southern Grits Bowl
Fried Chicken and Cinnamon Sugar French Donut Bowl
Smashed Avocado Toast Egg Plate
Breakfast Charcuterie Platter
I'd read the announcement again. There is generic menu choices for kids. How much more generic are scrambled eggs?

It will be interesting to see how they handle people with allergies. I am Celiac and I can't eat gluten and have an intolerance to corn and potatoes. I usually just stick with eggs and bacon. Looks like they are trying to reduce the consumption of the more expensive foods and then have an all you can eat buffet of the cheaper foods like pastries, etc.
Huh? Do you really think they've listed every single option on the blog post? Do you really think they aren't going to do anything for the allergy menu choices? Does Disney do nothing for their limited menu guests?

Agree. This menu doesn't look like "cost cutting" to me, but we have to meet the quota of discussing it in every thread I guess.
Yep, there's a segment out there who will always find a way to spin everything Disney does a negative and cost cutting. Disney can't possibly do anything positive or worthwhile. Ever.

We are doing it, even though my DH won't ride SDD…he hates coasters! I think he'll be okay with A** and he loves TSM though. Which one won't your DH go on?

My DH will not do coasters either and he won't do Aliens because of motion sickness. I also suffer from motion sickness myself so that attraction may also not be something I can't do either. I'm on the fence about that one. I'm not much of a coaster person myself but I do want to do SDD and of course we both would do TSM. I still want to do this because it will save an FP and I have no idea how hard SDD will be to get but I have to think about the price and doing other events this December. :confused: I also just caught the menu for this and it looks really good!

Last edited:
I'd read the announcement again. There is generic menu choices for kids. How much more generic are scrambled eggs?

My kids are Disney adults. So that's what I was referring to.

The choices will be fine for me, and they'll make do with the continental options. But an option of regular breakfast food would kind of be nice. That's all I'm saying.

Last edited:
My kids are Disney adults. So that's what I was referring to.

The choices will be fine for me, and they'll make do with the continental options. But an option of regular breakfast food would kind of be nice. That's all I'm saying.
I'm pretty sure your "Disney adults" will be able to order the kids option if that's what they prefer.

BTW, who can even think of eating after several spins on SDD, AS2, and TSM back to back?

I kind of have trouble with MK EMM and only coffee in the tank + 8 rides on 7DMT. I’m a bit worried about this one! :cold:

I’m impressed at this breakfast menu. As a vegetarian, my buffet options are usually eggs and potatoes, so this looks interesting.

BTW, who can even think of eating after several spins on SDD, AS2, and TSM back to back?

I kind of have trouble with MK EMM and only coffee in the tank + 8 rides on 7DMT. I’m a bit worried about this one! :cold:

I think it depends. If I don’t eat within about 10 minute of waking up, I get sick, especially if I’m on something that moves (eg train/bus), so I will definitely need to eat something small before I leave the hotel to attend this, and then eat properly while we are there. My SIL is going with us, and she won’t eat any of the food as, like you, she wouldn’t do well eating before or after all those rides. More scrambled eggs for me!

Obviously personal, but the menu looks intriguing to me. Definitely some things I wouldn’t normally eat (just give me eggs for breakfast and I’m good) but it at least “looks” from the written word descriptions that they’ve at least put some effort into it.

5 days until we see what is really in store. :-)
Agreed. The menu looks great to me. Excited to hear the first reviews!

I'll probably eat a granola bar or three on my way to help with that.
Yeah, we pack a box of Cliff bars on most all trips but definitely on those with any AM plans. Even if we share one it's enough to get us through till breakfast.
Or, if we are CL, we'll stick a yogurt in the fridge or grab a banana on the way out

I'm excited for the food choices. And my picky kid can just eat the yogurt, pastries, and cereal... I'll eat his meal. :rotfl2: The other kids will pick something they like from those choices and if not, not really a big deal. I knew the food choices were different than 'normal' before I booked the EMM.

Do shrimp with grits make the grits taste like shrimp? (Never had it before...lol)

The menu looks awesome - if it delivers, it's definitely worth the price increase since the entrees move it from breakfast to brunch IMO.

One thing I'm curious about is that I know during the MK EMM, you can pop in and out of breakfast. I wonder, with the restaurant not being in TSL, if that will be an option for this one?

I'm excited for the food choices. And my picky kid can just eat the yogurt, pastries, and cereal... I'll eat his meal. :rotfl2: The other kids will pick something they like from those choices and if not, not really a big deal. I knew the food choices were different than 'normal' before I booked the EMM.

Do shrimp with grits make the grits taste like shrimp? (Never had it before...lol)

A little bit but it's mostly yummy cheesy goodness (if done right!)

Huh? Do you really think they've listed every single option on the blog post? Do you really think they aren't going to do anything for the allergy menu choices? Does Disney do nothing for their limited menu guests?

Did I say they didn't? I said "it will be interesting to see". Disney has always taken care of me, especially at the EMM in Magic Kingdom. It's one of the reasons we like vacationing there, because food is never an issue there.

My son is allergic to egg and has an intolerance to oat, pork, dairy and apple. So breakfast is not a meal he general can eat at a restaurant, since most breakfasts center around sausage/bacon, oatmeal, eggs, french toast, yogurt, etc. I'm actually optimistic that he could enjoy the fried chicken, tater tots and donut meal. But he'll be perfectly happy with fruit and toast if need be, and I carry his almond milk in my purse anyways.

We're not doing this for the food, but I'm pleasantly surprised that we may be able to enjoy it!

Wow, that must be difficult. I was so thankful that my son hasn't had issues with gluten when we introduced it to him. My BFF's son is allergic to eggs and that one is hard. Eggs are in EVERYTHING!

One thing I'm curious about is that I know during the MK EMM, you can pop in and out of breakfast. I wonder, with the restaurant not being in TSL, if that will be an option for this one?

I think the restaurant doesn't open for breakfast until 8:30am, not like MK that opens at 8:00am. I would assume you could pop in and out from 8:30 - 10a, but you may not want to do that. I think our plan will be to do what we do at MK, go rope drop a few things and then come back at 9:30a for breakfast. But I will wait for reports before making a game plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter