DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

We have this booked in March over Spring Break; meeting Buzz and Woody are my three year olds top requests of the entire trip. I see a lot of posts about meeting Woody & Jessie, but not Buzz. My son was Buzz for Halloween and is obsessed! Is Buzz not out there as much? Just not as popular? Just trying to plan out where we should go first, since the character meets are just as important to us as the rides. Thanks!

We have this booked in March over Spring Break; meeting Buzz and Woody are my three year olds top requests of the entire trip. I see a lot of posts about meeting Woody & Jessie, but not Buzz. My son was Buzz for Halloween and is obsessed! Is Buzz not out there as much? Just not as popular? Just trying to plan out where we should go first, since the character meets are just as important to us as the rides. Thanks!

On 12/31, Buzz was meeting more towards the entrance to the land / the entrance corridor. Around 8:40ish, W/J had a pretty darn long line and Buzz was all alone. You can’t see him when in the land, you have to start making your way out - maybe that’s why? Maybe 1 character vs 2? I don’t quite get it myself. Both EMMs we’ve done, Buzz has been similar. Maybe we just got lucky with timing.

On 12/31, Buzz was meeting more towards the entrance to the land / the entrance corridor. Around 8:40ish, W/J had a pretty darn long line and Buzz was all alone. You can’t see him when in the land, you have to start making your way out - maybe that’s why? Maybe 1 character vs 2? I don’t quite get it myself. Both EMMs we’ve done, Buzz has been similar. Maybe we just got lucky with timing.

Thanks! Does he also come out around 7:30am like W&J, or not until later.

Does this sound like an OK plan of action? Meeting both sets of characters is a must. Would love two rides on both SDD and TSM as well :-)

1. Coffee/Pastry before TSL opens

2. Slinky Dog Dash

3. Meet Woody & Jesse

4. Toy Story Mania

5. Alien Saucer Swirl

6. Repeat SDD

7. Repeat TSM

8. Meet Buzz (is he on the way back towards breakfast?)

10. Breakfast at 9:45am

Thanks! Does he also come out around 7:30am like W&J, or not until later.

Does this sound like an OK plan of action? Meeting both sets of characters is a must. Would love two rides on both SDD and TSM as well :-)

1. Coffee/Pastry before TSL opens

2. Slinky Dog Dash

3. Meet Woody & Jesse

4. Toy Story Mania

5. Alien Saucer Swirl

6. Repeat SDD

7. Repeat TSM

8. Meet Buzz (is he on the way back towards breakfast?)

10. Breakfast at 9:45am

That sounds legit to me, and is close to what we did 12/31. However I'd caution to stay flexible based on what you see on the ground. We did it in October and went to SDD first, but so did a few hundred of my newest friends and that first line rush ate into event time. We did the same thing 12/31 and that first ride line was like 6 minutes, so pretty much nothing. The only difference between dates is they opened the land roughly 10-15 mins earlier.

Point being, don't be afraid to adjust if you 'see' something with any ride that looks like an unusually long line. There will be time later to come back, in all likelihood.

Yes, Buzz would be a good "last stop" as you head out to breakfast.

I assume you mean breakfast at 8:45? Or did you mean 9:45 and you're going to hit some other DHS rides between 9-9:45?

I have not witnessed what time Buzz comes out, but I think it's 7:30am'ish like Woodie and Jessie.

Hope that helps!

I think Woody/Jessie are more popular in part because Jessie wasn't easy to meet before. We've met Woody and Buzz together in Pixar Place, but Jessie was not meeting regularly on our other trips... so perhaps that's part of the equation.

So before this weekend, for the 3/20/2019 early morning magic, it was only showing the 7:30 slot. Now all of a sudden this morning, it shows both time slots, but still no availability. Perhaps it's a slow load and the timeslot will be available for booking soon? Has anyone noticed if this is how the process works when adding the 2nd timeslot?

So before this weekend, for the 3/20/2019 early morning magic, it was only showing the 7:30 slot. Now all of a sudden this morning, it shows both time slots, but still no availability. Perhaps it's a slow load and the timeslot will be available for booking soon? Has anyone noticed if this is how the process works when adding the 2nd timeslot?
I know this is how it has worked for dessert parties, so I would keep checking - I would guess they will open for booking in the next day or so.

Has anyone driven and parked to do this? If so, how early can we park and did you get close to the front of parking? Ty!

Has anyone driven and parked to do this? If so, how early can we park and did you get close to the front of parking? Ty!

We have. Anyone driving to this event is going to be close to the front of parking...no one else is getting to the park at that hour! I want to say we were the 3rd or 4th car in the lot when we arrived at about 6:40 on our day.

That sounds legit to me, and is close to what we did 12/31. However I'd caution to stay flexible based on what you see on the ground. We did it in October and went to SDD first, but so did a few hundred of my newest friends and that first line rush ate into event time. We did the same thing 12/31 and that first ride line was like 6 minutes, so pretty much nothing. The only difference between dates is they opened the land roughly 10-15 mins earlier.

Point being, don't be afraid to adjust if you 'see' something with any ride that looks like an unusually long line. There will be time later to come back, in all likelihood.

Yes, Buzz would be a good "last stop" as you head out to breakfast.

I assume you mean breakfast at 8:45? Or did you mean 9:45 and you're going to hit some other DHS rides between 9-9:45?

I have not witnessed what time Buzz comes out, but I think it's 7:30am'ish like Woodie and Jessie.

Hope that helps!

Ok, thank, I'll definitely remain flexible. Before reading these threads, I was thinking of lining up for characters first, since most people will run for SDD, but now I switched that around since the characters don't' seem to be out right away.

I booked for 3/18 last week, and the only slot it showed for my was 7am.

I think I'm doing this again on 4/8. I went back in December and had a great time. Now I'm going back to the parks with 3 additional people who haven't done TSL yet.

Us too. Just booked 4/8 because I'm afraid of it selling out. We loved it in December even though it was 40 degrees. We will only cancel if my son doesn't reach 38". In December he was 37", so didn't get to ride Slinky Dog Dash

I booked for 3/18 last week, and the only slot it showed for my was 7am.

Yeah, but if you do the dropdown for March 18th, it shows 7:00 and 7:30. March 20th has been only showing 7:30 in the dropdown. No availability though when you search.

If you look at April 10th, that's how it looked a few days ago. It only shows 7:30 in the dropdown.

So really, I'm obviously not 100% sure, but I'm hoping that means that 7:00 will be available soon. Not that the time matters between the two, because it doesn't, but just so there's some availability.

Us too. Just booked 4/8 because I'm afraid of it selling out. We loved it in December even though it was 40 degrees. We will only cancel if my son doesn't reach 38". In December he was 37", so didn't get to ride Slinky Dog Dash

Just a word of warning - that ride can be scary for little kids. My son was a week shy of his 3rd birthday when we went and he ran right for SDD, and then ended up scared on the ride. He wasn’t traumatized or anything, but he definitely didn’t want to ride again. He did the same thing on SDMT the next day...

All kids are different, but just wanted to share my experience with a 38.5 inch kid!

Also, has anyone had luck rushing over to sign up for Jedi training at the end of EMM and beating the rope drop crowd? Asking for a friend who may join us on our date, but has Jedi training as a high priority.

Has anyone experienced or heard about any issues taking the buses to this event? I have been following this thread and it seems there’s been no issues, but I’m still slightly nervous about it. Going February 11 from the Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter