Desert Inn Cleanliness

OlliePop27

Mouseketeer
I'm looking for feedback about recent experiences staying at the Desert Inn on Harbor, particularly room and bathroom cleanliness.

I've stayed at most other hotels on Harbor and I understand what I'm getting with the motel style, external hallways, noise, pool, etc. The Desert Inn has a particular room type that works well for my family on our next trip. I'm wanting to confirm we'll be okay in terms of clean rooms and bathrooms. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
We have stayed there multiple times over the years and have never had a problem. Most recent stay was in November. If we are not going to use the pool it is my first choice because of the nightly rate. The earlier I book the more reasonable the rate. Their booking calendar is generally about a year out.

It's our go to due to room configurations and cost as well as closeness to the parks and at least something to eat to start our days. Our rooms are always clean and comfy. This is our first choice.

It's our go to due to room configurations and cost as well as closeness to the parks and at least something to eat to start our days. Our rooms are always clean and comfy. This is our first choice.
Perfect, thank you! Do you know how early they typically start serving breakfast?

No issues whatsoever in our visit. I check the pillows and pillowcases always.

Breakfast is super basic, toasted bread, fruit and cereal. Juice, coffee and milk.

It's ok, always super busy and its a small room. Not sure when it opens but we always come down around 7am and it's busy busy.

We've stayed there many time, the last being November 2021. The rooms are older, but we've never had a problem with cleanliness. The breakfast was grab and go bags when we were there, but it sounds like they're back to the basics of toast, cereal, etc. Since the rooms have refrigerators and microwaves, we always found it easier to make our own breakfast and eat while we get ready.

We always would make some toast or eat some cereal. Add in some bananas and apples, etc and we had some substance to get us going!

I'm looking for feedback about recent experiences staying at the Desert Inn on Harbor, particularly room and bathroom cleanliness.

I've stayed at most other hotels on Harbor and I understand what I'm getting with the motel style, external hallways, noise, pool, etc. The Desert Inn has a particular room type that works well for my family on our next trip. I'm wanting to confirm we'll be okay in terms of clean rooms and bathrooms. Thanks in advance.
The cleanliness has improved over the years. My first stay didn't pass my "white sock test" but later visits were much better. I tend to stay in the rooms in the back, which seen to be used less.

Maybe too much info, but they don't use garbage bags in the room (unless this has changed in the last year) and as a childbearing-aged person, I felt very icky putting my monthly things in their paper bag and into a garbage can without a liner.

I never stay anywhere else, I believe room service is every third day, but they will refresh towels daily if asked

Thank you, everyone. This makes me feel more confident in our decision to stay there this summer. We're staying in the C2 Family suite with 2 bedrooms and the separate living area. It's very convenient for a large family.

The only cleanliness issues I’ve experienced here are the lack of trash liners and the elevators. The elevators were so gross I took the stairs to the 5th floor to avoid them. They remind me of dimly lit, horror movie, parking garage elevators 😂.

Stayed there in 2014 without issue. Went again in 2015 and found a live bedbug during a routine bed check upon arrival. I was a flight attendant for 8 years and it’s still the only place I’ve seen evidence of bedbugs, let alone a live one during the daylight hours. I wish I could say the front desk was surprised. I understand it was a long time ago but I’ll never go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter