Deer Season

Got back last night, and had a great (and safe) hunt.
All three of us got a deer (2 does and a buck).
Already at the processor.

I've already missed 2 this year. I think my scope is out of alignment OR my 7mm magnum is too much firepower for anything less than 100yds.

DH went to visit his cousin in Montana and hunted with him. Got a nice spike elk and a white tail (4 pt. unless your from back east then it's a 8 pt.) The elk is being processed and we'll have to go get it in a week or so. DS got a mule deer doe on Thanksgiving day and we've just finished cutting up both deer. DMIL got me a Foodsaver as an early Christmas present and it's working just great!

With the "Huge power outage" here in NH these past few weeks. We are finally back in the groove. Coming from WDW on Sunday the 14th and finding our power out. My In-laws called us to warn us what was going on. A bummer on our last two day at the "World". They did manage to get our wood stove going so the pipes wouldn't freeze. The venison that was in our chest freezer was put in coolers and set out in the ice. However we lost all of the other stuff in our kitchen fridge.

I hope that everyone else faired ok.

Merry christmas to all. Have a Happy New Year.

Our season is the November hunt.......I went out a few times and froze to death......even with heat packs going and enough clothes on to be a rolly polly orange hunter........we have to wear two items orange.....one has to cover the torso of the hunter.....and an orange hat......I also wear my orange pants......I weigh so much when I hunt that if I fell over I would have a hard time getting back up.
last year we had a very bad winter and the deer herd was hit hard......so this year we had limited any deer permits......which means we can get a buck but you need a permit for the does....naturally we saw does and maybe a glimpse of a buck......
I am a huntress and I love going with the men....they accept me and know that I am a good shot...usually one does it.......I have a 44 ...hubby had a 30x30...and that blew up a few years ago....he bought a browning to replace it...that is a beautiful gun...
have a great season and stay safe while hunting....

:thumbsup2 Hello people. How is the new year treating you so far? My DH has already gotten his hunting and fishing license. Do you? If not when do you usually get it?

:thumbsup2 Hello people. How is the new year treating you so far? My DH has already gotten his hunting and fishing license. Do you? If not when do you usually get it?

In PA, our license takes us through spring gobbler season. DH and I usually get new tags in June or July.

Deer season is still open in the Adirondacks - as long as you don't get caught! :lmao:

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest