December 2018 booked, now I need help planning

We're booked December 1-8 at Jambo House and am anxious to see the Christmas tree in the lobby! We went the week before Thanksgiving in 2015 and they were putting it up as we were leaving early in the morning. We are taking daughter's family with kids 4 and 5 so not going to do the party, but anxious to see more Christmas decorations than last time.

There's another thread on here with folks going in Dec., with lots of info, too. We'll be there Dec 6-13.

This is almost our exact time period we’re going this year. Planning for December 16-23. Great tips!
We are going 17-23, first time during Christmas, my daughter, 18 is beyond excited, always wanted to do this, but due to school, never could. College has pros and cons, less money, more time off.

So after years of talking about it my wife and I pulled the trigger and just booked a stay for December (8-14) down at WDW with the kids.
We are vets when it comes to Disney World as we normally take 2 trips a year but this is the first time we are doing a trip during the holiday season at Disney World.
I am looking for suggestions, do and don’t and all the above to help plan a memorable first holiday trip. I would appreciate any and all insight for planning a good stay during that time of year.
Since this time of year is totally unfamiliar to me, our first trip in December, I just wrote down the most important dates, like when to reserve Mickeys Christmas Party, Candlelight Processional, ADR's and fastpasses. Everything else you can do in your spare time and to your specific family. Every family is different, and wants different experiences.

This is our first holiday trip (7-12) we are staying at AOA. Does the hotel have any decorations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter