December 2007 Waitlist Thread

Why do you think it will be so busy?

I'll call back tomorrow to waitlist for any resort. I guess I could always still then waitlist for SSR even after the fact.

It's busy because you're going in a most wonderful time of the year for holiday experiences. Also, the DVC condo meeting is held earlier that week, December 4th, and I imagine lots of people are extending the visit to the weekend after going to the meeting. DVC rates "go up" a few points after when, Dec. 15th, so you're at the very lowest point values.

I hope you do get SSR, I would try for anything at first.

Bobbi
:goodvibes

It's busy because you're going in a most wonderful time of the year for holiday experiences. Also, the DVC condo meeting is held earlier that week, December 4th, and I imagine lots of people are extending the visit to the weekend after going to the meeting. DVC rates "go up" a few points after when, Dec. 15th, so you're at the very lowest point values.

I hope you do get SSR, I would try for anything at first.

Bobbi
:goodvibes

Got it, a busy time for DVC. That I was expecting, I just wasn't figuring out why Disney World in general might be busy. We have gone several times in early December and, while it's not the lightest crowds we've seen, it's a wonderful time! Thanks for your input! :goodvibes

Got it, a busy time for DVC. That I was expecting, I just wasn't figuring out why Disney World in general might be busy. We have gone several times in early December and, while it's not the lightest crowds we've seen, it's a wonderful time! Thanks for your input! :goodvibes

Plus I think I read earlier on this thread that lots of DVCers book rooms in hope of renting them, being that it's a very popular time of year. There should be lots of rooms opening up at the 30 day mark.

Does anyone know when Disney releases the blocks of rooms that are held by the travel companies?

I can get SSR thru Disney Res and Travelocity, but I am on the waitlist for Dec 6, 9, & 10 for a studio thru DVC.

Does anyone know when Disney releases the blocks of rooms that are held by the travel companies?

I can get SSR thru Disney Res and Travelocity, but I am on the waitlist for Dec 6, 9, & 10 for a studio thru DVC.

Hopefully soon for everyone that is on the waitlist

We have been on waitlist for VWL for 12/6-12/9 since June. I have been reading that things start happening 30-45 days out from the reservation. Being this will be my first stay as part of the family and my 7yr DD Bday I was hoping to make it VWL instead of SSR(not that there is anything wrong with it), just Lodge crazy! Wish us luck.

We have been on waitlist for VWL for 12/6-12/9 since June. I have been reading that things start happening 30-45 days out from the reservation. Being this will be my first stay as part of the family and my 7yr DD Bday I was hoping to make it VWL instead of SSR(not that there is anything wrong with it), just Lodge crazy! Wish us luck.

Good luck!:wizard:

And if you get into VWL, maybe I can get my waitlist for SSR on the 6th!

I had a waitlist for 2 studios or 2 1br at SSR on Dec 6th. Today, I got 1 1BR, so worse case the 4 of us will all stay together, and then move to our studios the next day.

I went back on the waitlist for 2 studios, to try to avoid changing rooms (we're only there for 2 nights prior to our cruise). But at least now we have a place to stay! :banana:

ETA: And I was only waitlisted for 3 days!

Great, the dates that people are getting are close to the dates I need. So hopefully they will come through in the next couple of weeks. One question, is MS calling and letting you know if your waitlist comes through or are you just seeing it on the webpage?

Great, the dates that people are getting are close to the dates I need. So hopefully they will come through in the next couple of weeks. One question, is MS calling and letting you know if your waitlist comes through or are you just seeing it on the webpage?

They don't call, not anymore. You can see it on the webpage (assuming their done updating the site) and you might receive an updated confirmation letter in the mail a couple of weeks after the change.

I couldn't see anything on the web page, so I've been calling them everyday. Today MS told me I'd matched to a 1BR, and then after she gave me the confirmation, voila....it showed up on the website and the points were deducted.

We have a ressie for a 1 bedroom at OKW from 11/25-12/08. We went on a waiting list for a 2 bedroom at OKW, SS or BWV. What do you think our chances will be at any of these locations? Thanks

We have a ressie for a 1 bedroom at OKW from 11/25-12/08. We went on a waiting list for a 2 bedroom at OKW, SS or BWV. What do you think our chances will be at any of these locations? Thanks

When did you go on the waitlist? Did you waitlist for the entire stay or just a portion of it?

You might stand a pretty good chance either way at SSR or OKW. It'll be harder for the BWV. If you waitlisted for the entire 13 nights that will also make it a bit harder....but you never know.

Why do you think it will be so busy?

I'll call back tomorrow to waitlist for any resort. I guess I could always still then waitlist for SSR even after the fact.

If it's anything like last year, it's the same week/weekend as the pop warner football and cheerleading competition. so there's a good chance parents are booking thinking they might be going down with their kids. i do know that if your kids team is picked you only have about 2 weeks to plan and raise money for the trip.

with this being my first time staying at SSR, where's the best place to stay there? what should i hope to get? the springs? the grandstand? the paddock?

with this being my first time staying at SSR, where's the best place to stay there? what should i hope to get? the springs? the grandstand? the paddock?

This thread is the SSR Lovers and Owners thread. It's a good place to ask this same question as well.

Before my waitlist came through at BWV, I was booked at SSR and did some research and asked the same questions (although I've owned there for four years, I've yet to stay there). What I was told is that the Springs is closest to the eateries, arcade, main pool, etc. However, it is the last stop on the bus route out to the parks so it is often times hard to get a seat on busses during crowded times (like the first two weeks in Dec).

The Grandstand is the newest section and some of the buildings in the Grandstand are just as close to the main pool, arcade, eateries, etc., as the Springs. It also has a quiet pool of its own that has a splash/play area for the kids and you can refill your mugs at that quiet pool. It also is the FIRST stop for the busses headed to the parks so you will most likely get a seat.

The Paddocks is pretty far away from the main buildings, but it's supposedly quiet.

Congress Park is closest to DTD and has the DTD views but it, too, is far away from the main buildings.

Whichever you decide on, it's a good idea to go ahead and call in the request to member services ahead of time to improve your chances of getting that location.

Click here for a map of the SSR grounds to help you decide.

WooHoo!! My December 20th waitlist for AKV 1 BR has came through, now we are in one place for the entire trip. I hope everyone else still waiting gets theirs soon.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest