Debt Dumpers 2023

still-i would be concerned about dealing with repairs. dad was constantly dealing with fixing the then manual mechanics inside that got messed up when people would shake them/kick them...with all the electronics in them now UUUGH. it would be interesting to know what the locations get as their cut these days.
We always had broken machines with our last company. Between people getting... upset with them, and a very old rotary/sliding door style machine that was very popular...
Now we have a market style one for our main break room. They do manage 4 regular machines in other parts of the plant, so less things to break. It looks like this:

Micro-Market-Story.jpg

And it only takes cash for loading. So you scan all your items and then either pay with a card, or you scan your fingerprint and it charges it to your account, where you have preloaded a balance with cash or card. Our HR also gives out vouchers to load your account as rewards now.

We always had broken machines with our last company. Between people getting... upset with them, and a very old rotary/sliding door style machine that was very popular...
Now we have a market style one for our main break room. They do manage 4 regular machines in other parts of the plant, so less things to break. It looks like this:
I thought this was a hotel store seeing the picture before reading the post! Very nice.

February is here, and I'm waiting for spring to hurry and come along. Then I wouldn't mind time to slow a little. I started tracking with my budget app again in January, but I'm already having a hard time keeping up with the app. Not good at maintaining the allocations per category either, honestly.

I had a colonoscopy recently, no bad news and all was well thankfully. However, the before part, had a migraine for two days added on with sinus pain, and the day of. I get this about one to two times a month, just happened to coincide with my week, plus the low roughage diet and being afraid to take meds prior. I was overthinking, anxious, and over-obsessed with the procedure the week of prep taking following the low roughage diet to the extreme, admittedly overdid it with pulling up my meds I take for migraine and sinuses normally, so that didn't help at all. Plus, had a big work issue that I was wrestling with all week, just mentally not a great week for it. Anyway, I didn't tolerate the night batch two on the prep mix well throwing it up, felt terrible, and then was up all the rest of the night until go time. Chose the couch over the bed so I didn't wake DH up with all my up and down bathroom visits. My dog was up hanging out with me by my side, following me around that night, feeling something was wrong. The prep leading up to, and the wait while at the hospital from check-in to actual procedure go time probably the worst part of the whole thing, definitely not a reason to put it off. I just say this because I was very anxious about not being under general anesthesia and the procedure, and any bad news. The nurses/doctor said most people don't remember anything much or anything at all from the procedure under twilight sedation, but I do remember a few things, a few uncomfortable parts, and comments during. The whole thing, no. Overall, worth getting screened for colon cancer.

Micro-Market-Story.jpg

And it only takes cash for loading. So you scan all your items and then either pay with a card, or you scan your fingerprint and it charges it to your account, where you have preloaded a balance with cash or card. Our HR also gives out vouchers to load your account as rewards now.

We have this in our breakroom too. It's massive and I'd say about 90% of the time, completely empty all weekend. It's frustrating since they closed the little cafeteria and replaced it with this, so everyone's options are to pack or pray it's been restocked. Us poor night shifters are usually left with nothing by Sunday night. (we have 2 shifts per day, tues-fri or sat-mon)

I checked Where's my refund and forgot I wouldn't get my tax refund until mid-late Feb because of the additional child tax credit. So I guess I just need to be patient, something I'm not great at. I guess I'm not super worried about it, it was just going towards our April trip/DD5s birthday, so no rush.

We've been trying to get back into more cash spending on some things and I saw a small shop that makes the most amazing wallets, so I asked if she'd be up for a challenge to make me a cash envelope wallet. I wanted one that was normal wallet dimensions with a few zipper envelopes on the inside. Y'all, it's beautiful and I LOVE it and I haven't even seen it in person yet. It's totally making my Lisa Frank and Disney loving self so happy.

I'm covering in another department this weekend and next weekend and will literally double my hours I normally work each week. Gonna throw the extra towards getting one month of bills ahead.

Attachments

• received_450405970531883.jpeg
    received_450405970531883.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 21

I checked Where's my refund and forgot I wouldn't get my tax refund until mid-late Feb because of the additional child tax credit. So I guess I just need to be patient, something I'm not great at. I guess I'm not super worried about it, it was just going towards our April trip/DD5s birthday, so no rush.

We've been trying to get back into more cash spending on some things and I saw a small shop that makes the most amazing wallets, so I asked if she'd be up for a challenge to make me a cash envelope wallet. I wanted one that was normal wallet dimensions with a few zipper envelopes on the inside. Y'all, it's beautiful and I LOVE it and I haven't even seen it in person yet. It's totally making my Lisa Frank and Disney loving self so happy.
That looks like a really fun wallet, and if it helps inspire your cash envelope system, go for it. It does look Lisa Frank/Disney inspired.

I thought this was a hotel store seeing the picture before reading the post! Very nice.

February is here, and I'm waiting for spring to hurry and come along. Then I wouldn't mind time to slow a little. I started tracking with my budget app again in January, but I'm already having a hard time keeping up with the app. Not good at maintaining the allocations per category either, honestly.

I had a colonoscopy recently, no bad news and all was well thankfully. However, the before part, had a migraine for two days added on with sinus pain, and the day of. I get this about one to two times a month, just happened to coincide with my week, plus the low roughage diet and being afraid to take meds prior. I was overthinking, anxious, and over-obsessed with the procedure the week of prep taking following the low roughage diet to the extreme, admittedly overdid it with pulling up my meds I take for migraine and sinuses normally, so that didn't help at all. Plus, had a big work issue that I was wrestling with all week, just mentally not a great week for it. Anyway, I didn't tolerate the night batch two on the prep mix well throwing it up, felt terrible, and then was up all the rest of the night until go time. Chose the couch over the bed so I didn't wake DH up with all my up and down bathroom visits. My dog was up hanging out with me by my side, following me around that night, feeling something was wrong. The prep leading up to, and the wait while at the hospital from check-in to actual procedure go time probably the worst part of the whole thing, definitely not a reason to put it off. I just say this because I was very anxious about not being under general anesthesia and the procedure, and any bad news. The nurses/doctor said most people don't remember anything much or anything at all from the procedure under twilight sedation, but I do remember a few things, a few uncomfortable parts, and comments during. The whole thing, no. Overall, worth getting screened for colon cancer.
Good to hear that everything is okay. Colonoscopy prep isn't fun, but the peace of mind you get from knowing you have an "all clear" is worth it.

We have this in our breakroom too. It's massive and I'd say about 90% of the time, completely empty all weekend. It's frustrating since they closed the little cafeteria and replaced it with this, so everyone's options are to pack or pray it's been restocked. Us poor night shifters are usually left with nothing by Sunday night. (we have 2 shifts per day, tues-fri or sat-mon)
That's crappy 😠 Ours gets restocked 2-3 times a week I think. It could be more even. We have a lot of people pack still but it's nice to be able to get a sandwich or something if you don't have lunch. Our hourly workers aren't allowed to go off site - it's a paid lunch

1. Pay off car note- starting balance $7565- paid $600, current balance $7089.

Oh my goodness this vehicle 😫. Cold Texas last week turned a chip in my windshield into a full on crack from one side to the next. While still drive able because it doesn't obstruct the view it still wasn't on my list of things to waste money on. Insurance deductible is 1k and replacement cost is coming in at just around 1300 😒. I'm seriously considering taking it to a dealership and seeing what they'll give me for it even if it's a trade toward something small for DH. We have a big family vehicle we take on most days anyway.

1. Pay off car note- starting balance $7565- paid $600, current balance $7089.

Oh my goodness this vehicle 😫. Cold Texas last week turned a chip in my windshield into a full on crack from one side to the next. While still drive able because it doesn't obstruct the view it still wasn't on my list of things to waste money on. Insurance deductible is 1k and replacement cost is coming in at just around 1300 😒. I'm seriously considering taking it to a dealership and seeing what they'll give me for it even if it's a trade toward something small for DH. We have a big family vehicle we take on most days anyway.

I know it's not helpful now, and it depends on your coverage, but fixing a chip can be fully covered and prevents the crack from spreading. Generally no deductible.

I'm feeling you here. I have to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy done in two weeks time because 1) I'm over 45 now (by 3 years) (and I've been avoiding it) and 2) I've been having what I thought was heartburn, but my gastrointerologiest says no (which is why I have to have the endoscopy simultaneously). I've never had a colonoscopy so I'm riddled with anxiety about it. But it is what it is and I'll chalk it up to being (and staying) healthy and getting older. From reading your post at least I know if I throw up I can still get the colonoscopy done. :hyper2: I have to do this because of familial cancer history... otherwise I might procrastinate... and I'm not at all a procrastinator.

Your post gives me encouragement!!

I had to have one a few years ago, prior to "needing to" and the prep was probably the worst, but it really wasn't too terrible. I slept just fine the night before, so all of the "going" was done by then. The procedure itself was a piece of cake. Good luck!

I know it's not helpful now, and it depends on your coverage, but fixing a chip can be fully covered and prevents the crack from spreading. Generally no deductible.

You are so right. I probably should have had the chip filled a while ago 😕

I have the same issue with my vehicle. I got a small chip/crack in my windshield in October that wasn't too large and held steady for awhile. But, the weather over winter with varying temperatures caused that chip with expansion and contraction to grow into a big crack. Luckily it's on the passenger side, but will get it fixed soon. However, originally I didn't get the chip fixed due to the location of it at the edge when deciding repair or replace. When researching, the glass repair wouldn't come to the house or something, I forgot the exact issue. Anyway, have to proceed with replacing soon.

I'm feeling you here. I have to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy done in two weeks time because 1) I'm over 45 now (by 3 years) (and I've been avoiding it) and 2) I've been having what I thought was heartburn, but my gastrointerologiest says no (which is why I have to have the endoscopy simultaneously). I've never had a colonoscopy so I'm riddled with anxiety about it. But it is what it is and I'll chalk it up to being (and staying) healthy and getting older. From reading your post at least I know if I throw up I can still get the colonoscopy done. :hyper2: I have to do this because of familial cancer history... otherwise I might procrastinate... and I'm not at all a procrastinator.

Yes, anxiety is most likely a typical experience. I was as I said over-vigilant on the diet the 7 days leading up to it. Also tried to stay hydrated. I didn't sleep though, and wasn't feeling great anyway. The informational paperwork they gave me described everything in detail pretty well, along with what things should look like, lol, by end of prep. Based on that, I assessed it was fine, and went over it with the nurse on intake. They asked what seemed like 5 full minutes of questions and were really thorough. I am trying to convince DH to get his screening done now.

2) I've been having what I thought was heartburn, but my gastrointerologiest says no (which is why I have to have the endoscopy simultaneously)

by any chance do you have any history of migraines? i ask b/c my youngest started having what he called 'hot burps':confused: which we finally figured out was heartburn. he would also get periodic indigestion which we couldn't tie to any particular types of foods or drinks. he did an endoscopy that came up negative for any issues but the doctor who administered it was speaking to us afterwards and asked if son had any migraine history. we explained he had some when he was younger. doctor mentioned a particular form of migraine that presents as heartburn/nausea and suggested ds try a small scrip of a particular med. NIGHT and DAY difference for the symptoms on a med he takes a very small preventative daily dose of.

by any chance do you have any history of migraines? i ask b/c my youngest started having what he called 'hot burps':confused: which we finally figured out was heartburn. he would also get periodic indigestion which we couldn't tie to any particular types of foods or drinks. he did an endoscopy that came up negative for any issues but the doctor who administered it was speaking to us afterwards and asked if son had any migraine history. we explained he had some when he was younger. doctor mentioned a particular form of migraine that presents as heartburn/nausea and suggested ds try a small scrip of a particular med. NIGHT and DAY difference for the symptoms on a med he takes a very small preventative daily dose of.

Actually, yes. I have migranes on the left side in my left temple almost every day. I contribute these to living in Houston where the barometric pressure seemingly changes several times a day. Also, I work on the 58th floor of a building where the air is different than being on ground level. I burp so much now, it's ridiculous. And even if I eat nothing I burp. First thing in the morning, after working out...

The reason that my gastro said that she didn't think it was heartburn is because I get searing pain (kind of like convulsions) in my stomach area AND in my back, in between my shoulder blades. Apparently because I don't get sore throats or a funny taste in my mouth it's not typical heartburn symptoms? Also, Pepcid 14, Zantac, Tums and water with baking soda really doesn't help. I think that I've had true heartburn twice in my life only. And that was a long time ago so I feel like I'm unsure what true heartburn really is.

Right now I'm on Sucralfate until after the endo and colonoscopy, which is in two weeks. To be on the safe side I also had a full heart workup (EEG, EKG, etc) and a stomach ultrasound. Everything has come back normal so far.

Actually, yes. I have migranes on the left side in my left temple almost every day. I contribute these to living in Houston where the barometric pressure seemingly changes several times a day. Also, I work on the 58th floor of a building where the air is different than being on ground level. I burp so much now, it's ridiculous. And even if I eat nothing I burp. First thing in the morning, after working out...

The reason that my gastro said that she didn't think it was heartburn is because I get searing pain (kind of like convulsions) in my stomach area AND in my back, in between my shoulder blades. Apparently because I don't get sore throats or a funny taste in my mouth it's not typical heartburn symptoms? Also, Pepcid 14, Zantac, Tums and water with baking soda really doesn't help. I think that I've had true heartburn twice in my life only. And that was a long time ago so I feel like I'm unsure what true heartburn really is.

Right now I'm on Sucralfate until after the endo and colonoscopy, which is in two weeks. To be on the safe side I also had a full heart workup (EEG, EKG, etc) and a stomach ultrasound. Everything has come back normal so far.

Would certainly not be the only cause but do you drink through straws or chew gum a lot? I stopped chewing gum and don't use straws much any more because I was swallowing too much air. Was building up pressure in my chest and making it harder to breath when I ran. Could contribute to the burping. Gas-x helps with it.

Would certainly not be the only cause but do you drink through straws or chew gum a lot? I stopped chewing gum and don't use straws much any more because I was swallowing too much air. Was building up pressure in my chest and making it harder to breath when I ran. Could contribute to the burping. Gas-x helps with it.
No to both... but good thoughts!!

I have real abdominal pain that comes in waves. That's my primary ailment. The burping is secondary. It's defintely something that is brought on by, in my opinion, NOTHING! But I did have a glass of wine on Sunday and immediatley regretted that choice. I had what I thought was real heartburn in my stomach and back. Whether or not it is/was heartburn remains to be seen. Might be gall bladder, pancreas, or stomach ulcer... or could be something else.
Can't wait to get the endoscopy done and get some answers! Just doing the colonoscopy because I'm over 45 and they convinced me to "just do it" in one fell swoop. lol

I just got a colonoscopy this past September. This prep was so much easier then the last. Though I did throw up. Which for me is a huge deal. I have thrown up in like 25 years. Other then that one time I did ok but I was up all night. I did hate waiting in the room for the procedure because no one allowed with me and I gave DH my phone. I was so bored. They did give me Pepcid (I think) in my IV and that made we feel much better. I am thinking the amount of Gatorade I had to drink gave me heartburn and upset my stomach.

The prep is the worst part but it is much better then years past. They had me drink an ungodly amount of Gatorade with Miralax mixed in. I had to drink like 8 oz every 30 minutes for several hours. I was up all night so I stayed on the couch so DH could sleep. I did get sick once and was nauseous a good bit of the time. The procedure itself is pretty easy. I remember nothing from it. I did sleep more that afternoon after the procedure but it was just a few short naps. They did advise me not to eat a lot of foods right off the bat. Like fatty greasy foods.

I did have an endoscopy several years ago. That was better then the colonoscopy because you did have to do the prep. I don't remember anything from the procedure at all. If I am remembering correctly they did spray something in my throat to numb it before putting me out. I might have had a little sore, more scratchy, throat after but I don't remember for sure.

Just a thought but these are the same symptoms I had with my gallbladder. I didn’t have stones I had a dysfunctioning gallbladder. After having it removed the difference was like night and day.

No to both... but good thoughts!!

I have real abdominal pain that comes in waves. That's my primary ailment. The burping is secondary. It's defintely something that is brought on by, in my opinion, NOTHING! But I did have a glass of wine on Sunday and immediatley regretted that choice. I had what I thought was real heartburn in my stomach and back. Whether or not it is/was heartburn remains to be seen. Might be gall bladder, pancreas, or stomach ulcer... or could be something else.
Can't wait to get the endoscopy done and get some answers! Just doing the colonoscopy because I'm over 45 and they convinced me to "just do it" in one fell swoop. lol
You may have celiac for gluten intolerance. I would burp all the time/pass gas because my stomach would bloat so bad and get headaches when eating gluten. They will be able to tell with the endoscopy. Good luck I hope you find the answers you are seeking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter